Jarval

French Silencer spoilers

8 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

Would be nice to compare ps 4 title with Delta x7s

But the ******* title is unique 

That the point sergeant ! :(

May be a low cost title later ? :)

Anyways why the PS4 have no ept ?

More proof that FFG Hates the Empire! And if you even think about bringing any Imperial list to any tournament you will lose every single game because they are terrible!

Those Talon Rolls are RED! and it doesn't even have 4 banks! Not a single white or green K turn on the dial! If this were a Rebel or scum ship it would have seven white K turns! We all know it! Blatant Favouritism by FFG, they aren't even trying to hide it any more!

Sad!

1 minute ago, MacchuWA said:

More proof that FFG Hates the Empire! And if you even think about bringing any Imperial list to any tournament you will lose every single game because they are terrible!

Those Talon Rolls are RED! and it doesn't even have 4 banks! Not a single white or green K turn on the dial! If this were a Rebel or scum ship it would have seven white K turns! We all know it! Blatant Favouritism by FFG, they aren't even trying to hide it any more!

Sad!

You say that as if it were a joke, but take a look at the Jumpmaster dial.  If this were a scum ship it would certainly have been more powerful and had more upgrade slots. 

I don't think the Silencer will be bad, but it certainly isn't exciting.  The only upgrade of any note is Advanced Optics, but that's available in the rebel ship as well.

2 minutes ago, HolySorcerer said:

You say that as if it were a joke, but take a look at the Jumpmaster dial.  If this were a scum ship it would certainly have been more powerful and had more upgrade slots. 

I don't think the Silencer will be bad, but it certainly isn't exciting.  The only upgrade of any note is Advanced Optics, but that's available in the rebel ship as well.

If it were a scum ship, it'd actually be the VERY similar starviper

They both even come with two thrusters!

17 minutes ago, HolySorcerer said:

If this were a scum ship it would certainly have been more powerful and had more upgrade slots. 

Yeah, see what FGD said - the Scum already got a ship of similar price point and stats, the StarViper. Only their dial has a lot less green on it, and they can only get Systems/Illicit on a title for a single ship at +1 point. 

And the moral of this story is that SVs sucked butts until they got a decent discount, and even then it's probably the pilot abilities which make them. 

Your point also COMPLETELY fails to understand what the JumpMaster is actually supposed to be improving on, which are certain rebel generics which are terrible. Scum firesprays are probably only in a marginal better place than the imperial one and your other large bases have done pretty good historically. It's ORS and WSF which cry at the dial and upgrade spread on the Jump - or did until FFG realized that solved that problem only to make a new one. 

EDIT: Also I like that this assertion that "scum are always better" comes STILL talking about a ship which so obviously has something WRONG with it FFG had to take a freaking hole-punch to it in a very cluster-**** nerf to make it right. You can't point at the jumpmaster and say "See, look how good scum are!". It was clearly wrong, and it has been addressed. Let it go, guys. 

Edited by UnitOmega
whoops, had to self-censor there

The Jumpmaster was the one time that FFG completely $#@% the bed.  Don't use the Jumpmaster as the basis for any argument.  It was a massive mistake in nearly every way and the game would be soooooooooooo much better had it never existed.  Seriously, how much more fun would have been had if the Jumpmaster expansion never happened.  Or maybe TLT would have just...  I dunno but the JM5K is proof of nothing other than FFG made a huge mistake.

Scum entered the game in wave 6.  Guess what has happened starting in wave 6?  New maneuvers.  Of course scum ships have better dials overall.

Anyone.  Anyone who looks at that dial and is not satisfied loses all credibility with me.  That thing is gorgeous.

6 hours ago, HolySorcerer said:

If they are that afraid of making the symbols smaller or tighter then they could have included that on the title.  All TIEs should have access to the evade action.  Full stop.

I think lightweight frame already establishes the idea that all ties are evasive in game without mechanically breaking anything.

16 minutes ago, gamblertuba said:

Anyone.  Anyone who looks at that dial and is not satisfied loses all credibility with me.  That thing is gorgeous.

This!

The only way that dial realistically could be better would be if it had Sloops instead of the Trolls. 

That dial is just freaking amazing, and I'm excited to field the Silencer as soon as I can!

7 hours ago, Goseki1 said:

Kylo Ren - 35
Push the Limit - 3
Advanced Sensors - 3
Autothrusters - 2
Primed Thrusters - 1
= 44

Nu Squadron Gunboat - 18
HLC - 7
XG1 title - 1
=28

Nu Squadron Gunboat - 18
HLC - 7
XG1 title - 1
Linked battery - 2
= 28

Replace those two gunboats with X7 delta defenders and let fun begin

I really like that FFG prices the no-ept generics aggressively these days. The silencer generics really sit between sf generics and deltas, both are good but not broken.

They really learned something. Namely that ept-less generics cant leverage a great dial and hence shouldnt pay that much of a premium for it.

Edited by MaxPower

8 hours ago, HolySorcerer said:

You're right, I'm sure FFG will lose the Star Wars license right after they yank the rights from LEGO because of all of their "leaks" as well. 

Seriously?  Some french guy posted pictures of some cardboard from a toy spaceship that is coming out next week.  It's not like they spoiled that Kylo and Rey are cousins or anything.

Wall o text but this is a decent cool story bro'

You definitely want to be careful with these.

About a month before TFA came out, my roommate mentions to me that there were pirated versions of the movie in Italian floating around in Europe or something.  I decided to mess with him so I say yeah, "I already heard about that (I hadn't).  Word is Harrison Ford's character got killed".  (This was a total ***-pull for me believe it or not I didn't even know which character he played at the time. I was just going for the [insert actor]'s character will die formula). At first my roommate got mad and I told him that I was kidding and just made that up on the spot.

So my roommate got real distant later that month and I didn't connect the dots (hindsight is 20/20 though).

Turns out I didn't get around to seeing TFA until almost February.  My jaw about dropped when Han walked out onto the bridge in starkiller base...  It all clicked, I knew one of em wouldn't be waking off of that bridge.

I gotta hand it to my roommate he didn't turn around and try to spoil the movie despite what I had inadvertently done.  I apologized to him after seeing the movie.

So yeah, watch out for spoilers, even bull **** ones you think your making up.

12 minutes ago, Crimsonwarlock said:

Wall o text but this is a decent cool story bro'

You definitely want to be careful with these.

About a month before TFA came out, my roommate mentions to me that there were pirated versions of the movie in Italian floating around in Europe or something.  I decided to mess with him so I say yeah, "I already heard about that (I hadn't).  Word is Harrison Ford's character got killed".  (This was a total ***-pull for me believe it or not I didn't even know which character he played at the time. I was just going for the [insert actor]'s character will die formula). At first my roommate got mad and I told him that I was kidding and just made that up on the spot.

So my roommate got real distant later that month and I didn't connect the dots (hindsight is 20/20 though).

Turns out I didn't get around to seeing TFA until almost February.  My jaw about dropped when Han walked out onto the bridge in starkiller base...  It all clicked, I knew one of em wouldn't be waking off of that bridge.

I gotta hand it to my roommate he didn't turn around and try to spoil the movie despite what I had inadvertently done.  I apologized to him after seeing the movie.

So yeah, watch out for spoilers, even bull **** ones you think your making up.

Well, seeing as Rey is Luke's daughter that would make them cousins.

10 hours ago, Jarval said:

Dial

FB_IMG_1511899860530.jpg

Called it, TIE Interceptor that traded a K-turn for a pair of T-rolls.

Okay a 5 green so even better, an A-wing that traded a K-turn for a pair of T-rolls.

TIE Interceptors are kind of garbage right now.:P

Edited by Marinealver

5 hours ago, Celestial Lizards said:

205xja.jpg

****, someone had to do it at some point. May as well be me. :P 

I'm surprised someone didn't post this....

SUPER-GREEN-l.jpg

As for Blackout? I'm glad to see Decepticons finding honest work for a change....

Though I don't think that Megatron will be happy that one of his subordinates looks better transformed then he does.

10 hours ago, HolySorcerer said:

You're right, I'm sure FFG will lose the Star Wars license right after they yank the rights from LEGO because of all of their "leaks" as well. 

Seriously?  Some french guy posted pictures of some cardboard from a toy spaceship that is coming out next week.  It's not like they spoiled that Kylo and Rey are cousins or anything.

It is not about this leak. It is about this being already the fourth leak.

@RufusDaMan

< LOL... Disney is surely out of their mind now that the crux of their much secretive plot is out! The DIAL of the TIE Silencer is a key to such mysteries as "Who are Rey's parents?" "Why did Luke hide away?" or "What's up with Snoke?" >

It shows not only some (OP) dial, it also shows a pilot card (look again). Suppose -purely hypothetical- a typical SW cheap plot device *), that the pilot would have been Ronja Skywalker  (Ronja Ren? whatever, that's not the point here, who Rey is), the twin sister of Rey, being educated in the First Order, flying around in an FO Interceptor for like a quarter of the film. That would have been a pretty big spoiler, and might have ruined for people.

LEGO plays in a completely different league. License income from LEGO is extremely high, just look how much SW they sell, and then compare their prices of SW stuff to prices of their own City or Ninjago stuff... So LEGO has quite a bit more leniency.

FFG is a nothing compared to LEGO. A nothing which leaks like a colander will not get any cool information from LFL.

Btw, this looks pretty much like a heavy ion hit.

RogueOne_Bistan_AT-ACT.png

*)  cause you know everything i SW has to be interconnected. Galaxy of trillions of sentients is steered by the doings of a handful Skywalkers. Or R2D2, cause he is everywhere - and seems to have yetimindtricks, if not even a 900year old former Yedi council member recognises him

Edited by Managarmr
quotation not working