Jarval

French Silencer spoilers

11 hours ago, DeathstarII said:

I want! Especially because of black out and the dial (also what do the generics cost?)

No photo evidence, but the rumor mill filtered its way to me to say that the ps4 is 26 points (without ept) and and the ps6 is 29 points (with ept).

Edited by darthlurker
Corrected the PS6 point cost

1 minute ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

My one gripe is that it doesn't have the Evade action. I get that 48 point Kylo with Comms might have been incredibly bull to go against, but the ship feels like it should be able to Evade.

with a dial like that, the upgrade slots it has....I'm happy it doesn't have an evade. you could be a one ship list with a 50 point bid and be fine. 

So, who's going to use the EPT?

anybody?

didnt think so.

Technically its FINALLY an EPT action that isnt penalizing you in some fashion, but the odds of you having that many asteroids next to you is unlikely. Yeah the silencer has no evade action but theres other ways to get evasion (intensity works with that new tech wonderfully)
Youngster was almost happy to finally have an EPT worth using. Except they have an evade action....9/10 this would be redundant lol

1 minute ago, Vineheart01 said:

anybody?

didnt think so.

Technically its FINALLY an EPT action that isnt penalizing you in some fashion, but the odds of you having that many asteroids next to you is unlikely. Yeah the silencer has no evade action but theres other ways to get evasion (intensity works with that new tech wonderfully)
Youngster was almost happy to finally have an EPT worth using. Except they have an evade action....9/10 this would be redundant lol

Debris Trick + Advanced Optics just MIGHT be worth taking on Poe to give you a droid option other than BB8, but I can't see it being better than Intensity for him in most cases.  And that's the edgiest of edge cases.

4 minutes ago, Vineheart01 said:

anybody?

didnt think so.

The one exception for me are A-Wings, together with Juke. But that's on an A-wing, so...

1 minute ago, Vineheart01 said:

anybody?

didnt think so.

And Youngster only works with TIE Fighters, which includes TIE SF Fighters and FO Fighters, but not Silencers =(.

I also had some ideas on using advanced optics with this EPT to get into combat fully tokened up, but who knows how well it will work. This is easily the most configurable combination of upgrade slots I've ever seen (on an imperial ship) so only time will tell how many competitive combinations will pop up.

14 minutes ago, defkhan1 said:

The tech I think is terrible for 3 pts. First, you can only boost or BR if it's on your action bar, so it doesn't let FO's boost or T-70s BR. Second, you have to spend your TL to do so. It's great for arc dodging, but the only ship that would really bother paying 3 pts for this upgrade is the Silencer, and that ship already has so many arc-dodging tools that this feels superfluous. I think at 1 pt it might be OK, but at 3 pts I would never bother taking it.

3 points is steep, and probably precludes it from being on cheaper ships, but it opens up new Super Kylo builds.  Consider this tech with VI and Title and Autothrusters.  You attack, get your Target Lock, then when it comes time for your Target to activate, you dodge an arc, or jump range bands, or just set up for next round's moves.  I'm not sure it's better than Primed Thrusters or something else, but it's very interesting.

im kinda baffled by how cheap this guy is if you build for the trickshot....

37pts (trickshot, fcs, autos, PA). You can totally slot him in with the usual 2+1 builds for imperials, swap out Vader or something.

Also, no 3pts is not steep. You can use it in combination with FCS to auto-dodge someone's attack you just stared in the face a moment ago.
Or dive into R1 to say FU to TLTs/Dash

Only reason it isnt a 5pt card is because its not giving you access to those actions and you are limited to the ship thats locked

Edited by Vineheart01

Finally some playable ship constructed to dogfighting and maneuvring. Not another shi**y bombing gimmick.
The question is what kind of playable lists will you be able to construct using this ship? Eco Kylo or fat Blackout fits into list with standard Omega Leader and Inquisitor.

I wouldnt say dial creep.

Its a freaking interceptor. It SHOULD have a crazy dial. Interceptors are designed to outfly other fighters, they NEED to be able to be crazy maneuverable.
When a fat friggen modified cargoship is more maneuverable than a fighter we can say dial creep (oh wait that happened....multiple times)

4 minutes ago, Biophysical said:

3 points is steep, and probably precludes it from being on cheaper ships, but it opens up new Super Kylo builds.  Consider this tech with VI and Title and Autothrusters.  You attack, get your Target Lock, then when it comes time for your Target to activate, you dodge an arc, or jump range bands, or just set up for next round's moves.  I'm not sure it's better than Primed Thrusters or something else, but it's very interesting.

Yeah. I like the fact that it may shoot and slip away. Kinda  Turr-Phenniresque.