Jarval

French Silencer spoilers

1 minute ago, Lobokai said:

Not as good as I thought. But with given upgrades, no complaints 

The only think to make it better would be white sloops/talons/kturns

It's not realistic to get more than one set of green turns. But this dial has 10 (!) green maneuvers

Just now, RufusDaMan said:

So how does this Tech upgrade work exactly?

When a ship activates, you spend a lock you have on the ship. If you do, you may boost or barrel roll (provided they are on your action bar)

So if you put it on Poe, he could only boost after spending the lock.

The dial is absolutely amazing. The benefit of having green 3-banks in addition to the usual 2-banks cannot be overstated. Green 3-banks make this ship very good at not only running away, but also keeping up with highly mobile ships (Dash, RAC, anything with SLAM). This is arguably the best dial in the game.

I'm less enthusiastic about the card spoilers. Blackout's ability is not as good as we hoped. It's not terrible, but it's basically a situational Wedge: you get to apply -1 net agility only if the attack is obstructed (-1 because the +1 from obstructed cancels 1 from the -2). The tech I think is terrible for 3 pts. First, you can only boost or BR if it's on your action bar, so it doesn't let FO's boost or T-70s BR. Second, you have to spend your TL to do so. It's great for arc dodging, but the only ship that would really bother paying 3 pts for this upgrade is the Silencer, and that ship already has so many arc-dodging tools that this feels superfluous. I think at 1 pt it might be OK, but at 3 pts I would never bother taking it.

2 minutes ago, RufusDaMan said:

But activates when? in the combat phase too?

When an enemy ship in your arc at range 1-2 activates in the combat phase you may spend a target lock you have on that ship to perform a free boost or barrel roll action, if you have that action on your action bar.

It's a wordy card, but it's not unclear.

Just now, Arma Quattro said:

And if you have PTL you can trigger it right after the boost/barrel roll for some crazy repositioning shenanigans. 

Right in the combat phase where everyone has their butt glued to the mat. 

****, you may even arcdodge the very ship that may shoot at you. 

Sweetness.

I want it to be Dec 7th so badly

4 minutes ago, InterceptorMad said:

Based on it being just translations so far, not sure.

Based on the requirement for already needing a targetlock to spend and a free action you haven’t taken yet would lead me to say yes, during combat.

Edited by FlyingAnchors
Edit: I was right after all

I dont think anyone expected it to be trash, but a lot of people were pissed that it would be a 40pt ship minimum. Which for imperial listbuilding as of right now is pretty pricy, we dont usually like ships that pricy.

Finding a buddy that isnt a decimator will be a bigger problem, not the ship itself. It might be shafted to mono-lists

Edited by Vineheart01

13 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

Sadly sorta worthless against turrets

Outside the very specific case of being able to boost into doughnut holes 

Setting up moves for the next turn is potentially very useful as well, or roll out to Range 3 or behind a rock, or out of range completely.  

13 minutes ago, LouisCypher said:

And high PS.

attack, get the lock, arc dodge 

I think it's great for both low and high PS, but with price and extra bonus for high PS, it looks pretty nice on PS11 Kylo.  Low PS stuff can move to block, then spend a lock to Barrel Roll off the block and take a shot.

1 minute ago, Vineheart01 said:

I dont think anyone expected it to be trash, but a lot of people were pissed that it would be a 40pt ship minimum. Which for imperial listbuilding as of right now is pretty pricy, we dont usually like ships that pricy.

My one gripe is that it doesn't have the Evade action. I get that 48 point Kylo with Comms might have been incredibly bull to go against, but the ship feels like it should be able to Evade.