Jarval

French Silencer spoilers

1 minute ago, Biophysical said:

FCS makes a huge offensive difference, and the mobility is a tremendous improvement over x7s.

There are not many people that know Defenders better than Biophysical, so I for one will definitely listen when he says something about Defenders.

5 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

X7 has the edge in basically everything dice related with x7 and the white 4k, plus it's cheaper. When you're low ps, not being squishy is very important 

True. Things don't necessarily all have to be TIE/x7 tough, but the fact that you're only getting 3 means you need to be a lot closer to the TIE/x7 defender than the T-70 X-wing which comes with 3 wingmen instead of 2.

Sensor Jammer is devastating if you can exploit it properly (action denial*, etc) but I'm not sure it's worth its (considerable) cost under normal circumstances, and along with autothrusters represents the biggest durability 'tricks' the generic TIEvn has in its back pocket.

* I dread to think what Omega Leader would be like if she could equip a sensor jammer....

11 hours ago, UnitOmega said:

EDIT: Also I like that this assertion that "scum are always better" comes STILL talking about a ship which so obviously has something WRONG with it FFG had to take a freaking hole-punch to it in a very cluster-**** nerf to make it right. You can't point at the jumpmaster and say "See, look how good scum are!". It was clearly wrong, and it has been addressed. Let it go, guys. 

Just had to state the obvious: no mater how edgy, how sneaky, how spoiling, how cool the info in a thread is --like this très chaud Silencer-- we inevitability come back to setting it up against the Jumpmaster. Simply amazing the f*** job that over-the-top design did to this game and community, even after all FFGs attempts to reign that thing in.

It.

Wont.

Die.

Now on to the more-or-less obvious: when the heck can we get one of these beautés to pilot upon our vinyl starfields????

20 hours ago, RStan said:

@Killerardvark requesting your assistance. 

7 pages later...i'm here...

20 hours ago, phild0 said:

New rules question (sorry if someone else asked it):

Can you skip a ship becoming the "Active ship"?

I know you can miss shooting with a ship thanks to the "missed opportunity" rules.

But can me, as the owner of that Tech, force an enemy ship to be the active ship if my opponent forgets his ship?

Is there a "pre activation" phase where my opponent decides he wants that ship to be the active ship? Or is thinking what he will do with that ship cause it to be active?

You cannot skip becoming the Active Ship in either the Activation or the Combat phase. Allowing a ship to be skipped is essentially creating an invalid game state and should be resolved. 

"I know you can miss shooting with a ship thanks to the "missed opportunity" rules." This is a common misconception. You cannot "miss" shooting. You can choose not to shoot, but you don't forget to shoot, you forget to activate which is not optional. Therefore the game state should be reconciled by the players or involve a judge if it gets complicated. Additionally, knowingly allowing an illegal game state to persist is against the rules. So don't think you're getting away with something if you see your opponent forgetting to fire. Not just fly casual at that point, it's fly correctly.

At least this is how I see it right now. I've been scouring the rules trying to find anything to the contrary. I'm simply not finding it.

21 hours ago, Managarmr said:

Sorry to interrupt all your interceptor drooling (or whining from some well known avatars), but these kind of leaks before official sale starts probably makes it highly unlikely Disney shares any valuable plot info with FFG before upcoming SW films. So more random greek-letter/colour novice+veteran+leader+ace instead of real names and stuff like Strikers w/o bombs, U-wings w/o ion cannon and K-2SO not existing at all.

I'd just like to say I've been playing the Elder Sign app, and have come to really fear your avatar picture.

2 hours ago, Killerardvark said:

7 pages later...i'm here...

You cannot skip becoming the Active Ship in either the Activation or the Combat phase. Allowing a ship to be skipped is essentially creating an invalid game state and should be resolved. 

"I know you can miss shooting with a ship thanks to the "missed opportunity" rules." This is a common misconception. You cannot "miss" shooting. You can choose not to shoot, but you don't forget to shoot, you forget to activate which is not optional. Therefore the game state should be reconciled by the players or involve a judge if it gets complicated. Additionally, knowingly allowing an illegal game state to persist is against the rules. So don't think you're getting away with something if you see your opponent forgetting to fire. Not just fly casual at that point, it's fly correctly.

At least this is how I see it right now. I've been scouring the rules trying to find anything to the contrary. I'm simply not finding it.

What about the PS12 FO getting hit with a Cluster mine with Miranda and he becomes PS4 but has missed his window to activate?

51 minutes ago, Tbetts94 said:

What about the PS12 FO getting hit with a Cluster mine with Miranda and he becomes PS4 but has missed his window to activate?

Lol, yup, I love that one. It's not really answered in any way. We have Tel that skips his combat activation if something similar happens, but not activating in the movement phase is crazy. I've always played it as "he's now the lowest pilot skill ship left to activate, so he activates next". Fortunately he's nowhere close to meta, so I haven't really had to worry about it.

54 minutes ago, Killerardvark said:

Lol, yup, I love that one. It's not really answered in any way. We have Tel that skips his combat activation if something similar happens, but not activating in the movement phase is crazy. I've always played it as "he's now the lowest pilot skill ship left to activate, so he activates next". Fortunately he's nowhere close to meta, so I haven't really had to worry about it.

Oh just you wait! He’s gonna be the new meta! Lol