Mandalorian27

Has anyone tried Viktor - Asajj - Scout?

I was thinking of a squad consisting of these 3

Viktor Hel (25) : Vaksai (0), BMST (0), Tracers (0), Attanni (0), PRS (1), Vectored thrusters (1) , Stealth device (2) -- 29 pts

Asajj (37) : Attanni (1), Latts (2) -- 40 pts

Scout (25): Bodyguard (2), Recon spec (3) -- 30 pts

Total 99 pts

The scout can adapt here depending who seems to get targeted after the activation phase, either buffing Asajj or Viktor or keeping the focus for itself since it could be the main target at first. What do you guys think?

I've tried combining Viktor and Assaj - aspecially, with IPM on Viktor - but Viktor just isn't that good.  Stealth Device gets knocked off, he gets nuked.  Expecting K-fighters to be survivable is a hiding to nothing.  They're guided missiles, and Viktor's ability is antisynergistic with that.

I think Victor could be viable, though he is not immediately potent. I think he needs VI, SD, Scavenger, VT. I'm not a fan of bodyguard; I think if you're going with a cheap scout, a bumpmaster would be stronger.

I would use PTL/Expertise on Asajj.

I think its a good mix, though! Makes the choices hard for your opponent, but sadly, Viktor is still kinda soft.

Viktor is difficult because if you dont make him dangerous, people wont need/care to shoot at him. But if you load him up with Expertise and Harpoons, and Engines, AT, VT, etc. He gets expensive and its a no brainer to one-round kill a 5hp, 2agility ship. There is going to be a fine line of Hel building.

I think one way to get people to shoot at him for cheap, is to mindlink him with Asajj. Make him the "inaldra" for attanni but he has a 3dice primary, so he doesnt need to cower in the corner all game. People want to take out Asajj's linked companion, so this makes Hel a prime target. Maybe run tactical jammers on the scout or asajj (or both) to keep Hel's agility up and his cost down.

Another option is to make him just a deadeye missile carrier. Its a 2pt tax up from a blacksun ace, but you get +2 PS and Hel's ability, so the value is there. Again, can run him behind a large ship with tactical jammers, making him a threat with missiles and his ability says "shoot someone else" letting him get his missiles off.