Sign in to follow this  
Authraw

Official Fellowship Announcement

If you're in the area, make sure that you do your utmost to join us for the Fellowship event at the Fantasy Flight Games Center for our Fellowship Event on Saturday, December 9th. Attendees there can look forward to an exciting and exclusive The Lord of the Rings announcement!

So we will have a announcement the 9th of december, in exactly 12 days. Very exciting :)

11 minutes ago, Rouxxor said:

If you're in the area, make sure that you do your utmost to join us for the Fellowship event at the Fantasy Flight Games Center for our Fellowship Event on Saturday, December 9th. Attendees there can look forward to an exciting and exclusive The Lord of the Rings announcement!

So we will have a announcement the 9th of december, in exactly 12 days. Very exciting :)

Well, I don't think they'd just jump straight into the next cycle announcement with that (though I could be wrong)... Maybe it's a 2nd edition or a different game that's a competitive variant?  An app?  It's probably gonna be way less exciting than everything I'm thinking of lol.

I don't want to be too unpleasant but I hope it's much more exciting that what you are suggesting!

I wouldn't welcome a 2nd edition, especially right in the middle of a cycle when we have been waiting ages for an adventure pack and that we know a next cycle has already been developed! (So that would certainly bar the "big announcement" to be the next cycle, though as someone said on the forums, that 9 months hiatus would certainly make it look like a big announcement).

The most probable speculation I've seen around are:

• Something to do with the First and/or Second Ages of Lords of the Rings, since licensing is already more flexible following the departure (resignation?) of Christopher Tolkien
  • Something to do with the new amazon series (as a direct tie to what I just said)
  • A second core set, as a new entry point for new players, maybe collated with the above ides (First Age core set or "amazon-kinda-series" core set). Note that at this point, I'm putting a "kinda" in there because the amazon series is still in its early developing stages I believe, it'd be just impossible that FFG would announce anything related to something no one knows, not even amazon.
  • A change of packaging, like they did for Call of Cthulhu at some point: now developing and selling Deluxe-size products only (no more AP). The "big announcement" would serve a way to make it look like it's great, when it'd just announce the game's fading (and it will at some point, after all, we don't know the selling figures and how they relate to FFG's/Asmodee's current commercial policies and business plan)
  • Brandon playing with errata'd Boromir

Those are probable.

Now what I would like:

• Dat new coreset being based on The War of the Ring appendixes, and lost tales. So much to tell there: Battle of Dale (Thorin Stonehelm, Bard son of Brand), 1st, 2nd battles of the Fords of Isen, the Ents vs Orcs in the Westfold, the Assault on Lorien / Dol Guldur (though I don't own Attack on Dol Guldur yet and it certainly seems like it)
  • Dat new coreset to integrate a real generic campaign mode, that you could use with the new products as well the old ones
Edited by banania

24 minutes ago, tomas.daniel said:

Just please do not make Second Edition...

Agreed!!! I definitely wouldn't and cannot buy into a second edition of this. Especially after starting over with Thrones. A non co-op middle earth one I'd be okay with though.

One of the stores in my area that bought kits is saying that FFG haven't given them an official date of when they can host this yet. Anyone have a local store doing this on a definitive date?

Edited by donkler

2 hours ago, donkler said:

One of the stores in my area that bought kits is saying that FFG haven't given them an official date of when they can host this yet. Anyone have a local store doing this on a definitive date?

Games of Berkeley will be hosting on the 9th: https://www.gamesofberkeley.com/collections/events/products/lord-of-the-rings-assault-on-dol-guldur-event-dec-9th

In France we never receive our package at date. Last year was the best because we are still waiting for it :mellow:. It could come from their interaction with foreign structure so I hope this won't happen for you.

Core Set 2.0 Probability: 20%

I remember that FFG annouced the AGoT2.0 just before the release of the last cycle of AGoT1.0(maybe wrong). Now could be the same timing for LotR.

If the exciting and exclusive annoucement is LotR2.0, it's really bad news for the owners of "LotR1.0", because the whole line products including nightmare deck is not cheap.

It also seems unnecessary to take out a new core set like netrunner2.0.

But, but, but if Asmodee think a LotR2.0 can make more money, it will get existed.

PvP Mode Probability: 10%

We never see a cooperative mode for all pvp LCGs, so I don't think the annoucement will be the pvp mode for LotR, Epic mode has just arrived for not many days.

Saga Expansion Probability: 40%

LotR Saga came after the Hobbit Saga, then what came after the just ending LotR Saga?

First Age Saga? Second Age Saga? or... Fourth Age Saga?

I know the probability's not as 40% high, but I give it 40% because I wish a new line of Saga expansions.

The 7th Deluxe and the 8th Cycle Probability: 30%

The product code MEC65-MEC71 is blank for now, it's almost for sure for a deluxe and the following cycle, but can it call an exciting and exclusive annoucement?

On 11/27/2017 at 7:07 PM, Stalkingwolf said:

Agreed!!! I definitely wouldn't and cannot buy into a second edition of this. Especially after starting over with Thrones. A non co-op middle earth one I'd be okay with though.

Yeah I'm not buying a 2nd edition either

As a new player interested in buying the game I would welcome a 2.0 version. I am having a lot of fun with Arkham Horror and maybe they can do an update, I will just wait until the announcement to make up my mind.

I think it will be something akin to Netrunner’s Terminal Directive. A campaign that shifts and changes depending on what choices you make during each quest. More than Saga campaign, which had limited carryover. This would be on a much grander scale, where quests could be harder or easier based off previous quests. Maybe you’d even skip entire quest phases, or open envelopes of secret quest cards. I think something like this that wasn’t connected to the LOTR Saga would allow flexibility in quest building. 

They’ve already started to link the non-Saga campaigns together, where we ended the Stormcaller by crashing into Harad. Just my thought (hopes).

7 hours ago, Rajam said:

Yeah I'm not buying a 2nd edition either

They'd have to do something very interesting with a 2nd edition to make me even consider it. If they finish up the game and move on to a 2nd edition, then I'd just consider that a sizeable, very replayable collection, and probably move on to collecting something new.

I used to play Deciphers Star Trek CCG 20+ years ago, and I stopped collecting that when it moved to a second edition.

If any changes to the Core would happen, I would feel a Revised Core would be a safer bet than an actual reboot of the game. Similar to Netrunner. Cleaned up rules, balance of the player cards and quests, and more importantly the rebalance of cards would be the standard going forward for future player cards and challenges for encounter cards. Shift the meta without scrapping it altogether.

13 hours ago, soullos said:

If any changes to the Core would happen, I would feel a Revised Core would be a safer bet than an actual reboot of the game. Similar to Netrunner. Cleaned up rules, balance of the player cards and quests, and more importantly the rebalance of cards would be the standard going forward for future player cards and challenges for encounter cards. Shift the meta without scrapping it altogether.

This is my bet as to what will happen. I'm currently playing through the Dreamchaser cycle and I really like what they did with some of the new location rules. Made locations much less abstract. I can also see levels of player cards come in like AHTCG, more general player cards in the new core set etc. Not essential to an existing player, but really good for new ones.