Sixter

Do you have to get extra cards for Harpoons condition?

If you run a couple of ships with Harpoon Missiles and Extra Munitions, would you need to get extra copies of the condition card in case you hit 3 or 4 different ships during the game or are condition cards treated more like tokens than cards?

I don't think that's correct? The condition card gets assigned to the ship you have hit, and is supposed to sit with their cards like its an upgrade card; the token goes next to the ship to indicate it is harpooned.

If I recall though the tournament rules note that any indicator can be used so long as its not confusing and both players know what it is indicating. So as long as you have enough tokens of some sort that indicate the harpooned condition it should be fine 

4 hours ago, Goseki1 said:

I don't think that's correct? The condition card gets assigned to the ship you have hit, and is supposed to sit with their cards like its an upgrade card; the token goes next to the ship to indicate it is harpooned.

If I recall though the tournament rules note that any indicator can be used so long as its not confusing and both players know what it is indicating. So as long as you have enough tokens of some sort that indicate the harpooned condition it should be fine 

I would tend to go with this interpretation myself. This is a bit of a grey area probably as far as the rules go. In a premiere level tournament you can use substitute tokens as long as they're not confusing. You're definitely not allowed to use substitute cards, other than official alt-art.  The condition card is of course a card but it functions a lot more similarly to how tokens work.  I'm not sure if the rules are hard and fast on this one.

As long as you had at least one copy of the condition card and sufficient clear tokens for the ships I would tend to say it's probably fine unless someone's being a real hardcore stickler but I wouldn't swear the rules are for sure that way.

2 hours ago, Parravon said:

Which should be a bit difficult considering you can only get them in the Guns for Hire pack and there's two in the pack.

Ok... someone running a Scurrg Harpoon Swarm with Extra Munitions:

• Lok Revenant - Deadeye, Harpoon Missiles, Extra Munitions, Guidance Chips, Courier Droid (33)
  • Lok Revenant - Deadeye, Harpoon Missiles, Extra Munitions, Guidance Chips, Courier Droid (33)

From a very strict interpretation of the rules, yes, you must have all relevant components necessary.  It is part of the rules to assign the card and the token to the ship; to not do so is grounds for disqualification in a round.  Mind you, this should ONLY ever happen at the highest possible level of tournaments (Nationals, Worlds, etc), if you're playing against someone who's a world-class jerk who's going to call a judge to dispute something this small.  But, if you're considering the absolute letter of the law... then yes.  You do need all the cards.

Edited by emeraldbeacon

2 hours ago, emeraldbeacon said:

Ok... someone running a Scurrg Harpoon Swarm with Extra Munitions:

From a very strict interpretation of the rules, yes, you must have all relevant components necessary.  It is part of the rules to assign the card and the token to the ship; to not do so is grounds for disqualification in a round.  Mind you, this should ONLY ever happen at the highest possible level of tournaments (Nationals, Worlds, etc), if you're playing against someone who's a world-class jerk who's going to call a judge to dispute something this small.  But, if you're considering the absolute letter of the law... then yes.  You do need all the cards.

Hate to be "that guy" but 3 dice primary + GC isn't an issue unless you're facing 4+ ships.

The second harpoon either clears the condition from the 1st because of the gc crit or misses altogether, not appling the condition.

The poor old imps however, they have problems....

Edited by Ralgon

20 hours ago, Ralgon said:

Hate to be "that guy" but 3 dice primary + GC isn't an issue unless you're facing 4+ ships.

The second harpoon either clears the condition from the 1st because of the gc crit or misses altogether, not appling the condition.

Unless you're attacking Zeb, who can cancel crits before hits!  ;)

1 hour ago, emeraldbeacon said:

Unless you're attacking Zeb, who can cancel crits before hits!  ;)

That's ok, until i realised the timing was sevel levels of wrong i was starting to dream up " draw their fire" and chewy lists to see if i could troll out the gamestate mentioned.

Would suck to get dq'd like that

Edited by Ralgon