Jump to content
Timathius

Regional Results thread.

Recommended Posts

46 minutes ago, Kdubb said:

They would have if the time it takes to understand how the condition reacts to certain situations didn’t lose all that time gained. :lol:

Has it ever been said if crits rolled by a TLT trigger the condition?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hawk32 said:

So if the attacker has initiative it triggers?

Q. When a ship which has the Harpooned condition assigned to it is attacked by a Twin Laser Turret and one of the attacks hits with at least one [crit] result showing, is the Harpooned condition checked before or after the “Each time this attack hits, the defender suffers 1 damage. Then cancel all dice results” portion of the Twin Laser Turret card text? 

 

A. Both have the same timing window (when the defending ship is hit, in step 6 of the attack timing chart). Since Harpooned is a condition “assigned” to a ship, the player controlling that ship would be the one to resolve triggering its effect, whereas the attacker would resolve the Twin Laser Turret effects (including the canceling of dice). Per page 23 of the FAQ (version 4.4.0), “The player with initiative resolves all abilities he would like to resolve, then the other player resolves all abilities he would like to resolve.” Therefore, initiative would determine the order in which these triggers are resolved.

 

I just stole Ian Hamp’s ruling since it’s the easiest and clearest to understand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kdubb said:

They would have if the time it takes to understand how the condition reacts to certain situations didn’t lose all that time gained. :lol:

Case.

51 minutes ago, Tbetts94 said:

Q. When a ship which has the Harpooned condition assigned to it is attacked by a Twin Laser Turret and one of the attacks hits with at least one [crit] result showing, is the Harpooned condition checked before or after the “Each time this attack hits, the defender suffers 1 damage. Then cancel all dice results” portion of the Twin Laser Turret card text? 

 

A. Both have the same timing window (when the defending ship is hit, in step 6 of the attack timing chart). Since Harpooned is a condition “assigned” to a ship, the player controlling that ship would be the one to resolve triggering its effect, whereas the attacker would resolve the Twin Laser Turret effects (including the canceling of dice). Per page 23 of the FAQ (version 4.4.0), “The player with initiative resolves all abilities he would like to resolve, then the other player resolves all abilities he would like to resolve.” Therefore, initiative would determine the order in which these triggers are resolved.

 

I just stole Ian Hamp’s ruling since it’s the easiest and clearest to understand.

Point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bump.

We have 4 Regionals coming up this weekend.
January 6, 2018, Imperial Outpost Games, Glendale AZ, 100
January 6-7, 2018, "Pastimes - Cards, Comics, and Games", Niles IL, 200
January 6, 2018, Face to Face Games, Toronto ON, 150
January 6, 2018, Dice and Legends, Amersfoort Netherlands

Anyone know if they're going to be streaming? Twitch sites? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/18/2017 at 0:17 PM, Tbetts94 said:

Q. When a ship which has the Harpooned condition assigned to it is attacked by a Twin Laser Turret and one of the attacks hits with at least one [crit] result showing, is the Harpooned condition checked before or after the “Each time this attack hits, the defender suffers 1 damage. Then cancel all dice results” portion of the Twin Laser Turret card text? 

 

A. Both have the same timing window (when the defending ship is hit, in step 6 of the attack timing chart). Since Harpooned is a condition “assigned” to a ship, the player controlling that ship would be the one to resolve triggering its effect, whereas the attacker would resolve the Twin Laser Turret effects (including the canceling of dice). Per page 23 of the FAQ (version 4.4.0), “The player with initiative resolves all abilities he would like to resolve, then the other player resolves all abilities he would like to resolve.” Therefore, initiative would determine the order in which these triggers are resolved.

 

I just stole Ian Hamp’s ruling since it’s the easiest and clearest to understand.

Can you spell that out? When would TLT trigger Harpooned? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/18/2017 at 6:48 AM, Sunitsa said:

It turned out Empire was actually good and balanced, and that’s why people just didn't play it

Fixed it for you @Sunitsa ?

On 12/18/2017 at 7:00 PM, SEApocalypse said:

So it has nothing to do with all the balance changes after which the imperials turned up in large numbers and the complete changed meta based on that AND the new ships? :P

This.

The Empire wasn’t bad before the latest FAQ and Waves, it was good, but the other faction’s were good plus some OP. Now that most of the offensive OP has been issued errata, and some new hitters that are solid have been added to the Imperial roster, they are a solid good faction.

Throw in GFH and the rock that Wookie are, and it’s an open meta, least from my vantage.

I cannot fathom I’d say it just months ago, but FFG might have actually just balanced the game, as much as a game this complex can possibly be...?

Can't wait to see the results of the Pastimes Regional as it will be huge and will definitely assist in gaining focus on the meta.

Edited by clanofwolves

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Koing907 said:

Bump.

We have 4 Regionals coming up this weekend.
January 6, 2018, Imperial Outpost Games, Glendale AZ, 100
January 6-7, 2018, "Pastimes - Cards, Comics, and Games", Niles IL, 200
January 6, 2018, Face to Face Games, Toronto ON, 150
January 6, 2018, Dice and Legends, Amersfoort Netherlands

Anyone know if they're going to be streaming? Twitch sites? 

Jan 6-7 - QLD Regionals, Australia.

Live stream on Saturday (no commentary), Top Cut Sunday with commentary.

Link toTwitch Stream:
https://www.twitch.tv/fearlessgundarks

*Credit to Isaac Englart and the Fearless Gundarks for setting up the stream - Thank you!

Edited by MorganR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/18/2017 at 1:17 PM, Tbetts94 said:

Q. When a ship which has the Harpooned condition assigned to it is attacked by a Twin Laser Turret and one of the attacks hits with at least one [crit] result showing, is the Harpooned condition checked before or after the “Each time this attack hits, the defender suffers 1 damage. Then cancel all dice results” portion of the Twin Laser Turret card text? 

 

A. Both have the same timing window (when the defending ship is hit, in step 6 of the attack timing chart). Since Harpooned is a condition “assigned” to a ship, the player controlling that ship would be the one to resolve triggering its effect, whereas the attacker would resolve the Twin Laser Turret effects (including the canceling of dice). Per page 23 of the FAQ (version 4.4.0), “The player with initiative resolves all abilities he would like to resolve, then the other player resolves all abilities he would like to resolve.” Therefore, initiative would determine the order in which these triggers are resolved.

 

I just stole Ian Hamp’s ruling since it’s the easiest and clearest to understand.

I assume that this line of reasoning can apply to other attacks that cancel results after they hit such as ion cannon?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

edit: Sorry this was copy paste from their website and for some reason the format isn't uniform. 


Top 8 from Australia

https://tabletop.to/xwing-qld-regionals-2017

First in Swiss - Ben Doyle

Ky-Rho's

IMPERIAL (99)

Kylo Ren TIE Silencer (47)
Push the Limit + Advanced Sensors + Advanced Optics + Autothrusters + First Order Vanguard
Rho Squadron Veteran Alpha-class Star Wing (26)
Deadeye + Harpoon Missiles + Guidance Chips
Rho Squadron Veteran Alpha-class Star Wing (26)
Deadeye + Harpoon Missiles + Guidance Chips

Second in Swiss 
DAMIAN CELINDANO
Kanan Lowh

VCX-100: •Kanan Jarrus (51) •Ghost (0) Fire-Control System (2) Twin Laser Turret (6) Recon Specialist (3) •Rey (2)
Auzituck Gunship: •Lowhhrick (31) Draw Their Fire (1) •Jan Ors (2)
Attack Shuttle: •"Zeb" Orrelios (18) •Phantom (0) •"Chopper" (0)
Total:  100/100

Third - Morgan Reid

MPERIAL (99)

Kylo Ren TIE Silencer (47)
Push the Limit + Advanced Sensors + Advanced Optics + Autothrusters + First Order Vanguard
Rho Squadron Veteran Alpha-class Star Wing (26)
Deadeye + Harpoon Missiles + Guidance Chips
Rho Squadron Veteran Alpha-class Star Wing (26)
Deadeye + Harpoon Missiles + Guidance Chips

Fourth 
CHRIS HOBMAN
 

REBEL (98)

Fenn Rau Sheathipede-class Shuttle (26)
Adaptability + Weapons Engineer + M9-G8
Poe Dameron T-70 X-Wing (41)
Veteran Instincts + R2-D2 + Advanced Optics + Autothrusters + Black One
Wes Janson X-Wing (31)
Veteran Instincts + Flight-Assist Astromech + Integrated Astromech

 

5th - Adam Sherman
Dengar Assaj

 

6th - Julian Hood
Captain Nym(40) [Captain Nym(30), Veteran Instincts(1), Autoblaster Turret(2), Extra Munitions(2), Guidance Chips(0), Boba Fett(1), Harpoon Missiles(4)]
Torani Kulda(32) [Torani Kulda(27), Veteran Instincts(1), Guidance Chips(0), Harpoon Missiles(4)]
Contracted Scout(28) [Contracted Scout(25), Ion Projector(2), Adaptability(0), Rigged Cargo Chute(1), Courier Droid(0)]

7th - LACHLAN MOORE

SCUM (99)

Ketsu Onyo Lancer-class Pursuit Craft (52)
Veteran Instincts + Dengar + Contraband Cybernetics + Glitterstim + Engine Upgrade + Shadow Caster
Bossk YV-666 (47)
Veteran Instincts + Harpoon Missiles + Zuckuss + Boba Fett + K4 Security Droid + Feedback Array + Guidance Chips

8th - Akhher Kahn

Bossk Assaj

 

Edited by Danath
comment about format

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trajectory simulator Nym dominated the Toronto regional. 4 of the top 5 lists included him (2 rebel, 2 scum). Rebel lists were all Miranda and Nym. The scum lists were Nym, Thweek, Sunny (with ion) whilst the other was Nym, Fenn and Captain Jostero.

Edited by Vargas79

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, hawk32 said:

Anybody have lists for the top 32 at the Chicago Regional?

Lists in total will likely be on list juggler. Although they posted the top 32 board for today's bracket.

FB_IMG_1515332305172.jpg

Edited by RStan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RStan said:

Lists in total will likely be on list juggler. Although they posted the top 32 board for today's bracket.

FB_IMG_1515332305172.jpg

Do you know what time they will start streaming today?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×