Norsehound

What would you change about just one ship?

15 hours ago, ouzel said:

not just one ship I know but it does bug me the most about the game. "no ship would be as fast as the slowest fighter."

1 hour ago, Democratus said:

Why is this? Han Solo brags that the Falcon can outrun cruisers. 

So they must usually be fast enough to catch small ships.

1 hour ago, OlaphOfTheNorth said:

You got him backward, he's saying fighters are faster than ships, so it's weird that a CR-90 outruns B-Wings every time.

That said, there's no particular reason for this to hold true; fighters will be more agile, with better acceleration, deceleration, and turning, for sure, because of lower mass, but maximum speed in space is bounded only by fuel reserves and thrust.

1 hour ago, Democratus said:

No. Han is bragging that his ship can outrun cruisers.

That means that cruisers can usually outrun small ships.

This would be a great point if the "him" from my post had been meant to indicate Han- but I meant you got ouzel's intended meaning backward, and was wrong about that. :D

On 2017. 11. 26. at 8:24 PM, EagleScoutof007 said:

With another ISD coming in with wave 7, I think it would be cool if FFG might do something similar with the VSD or release new ship cards.

While I pretty much love that they give the ISD refits (which ia thematically the backbone of every decent Imperial Sector fleet) I wouldn't start asking for that. ISDs and MonCal cruisers are the only ones varied in many ways.

You are all very good at removing what makes the ships fun and interesting.

In my opinion we need more Nebulons.

For 51 points is absolutely ridiculously tanky from the front at long range, where it’s supposed to be.

It isn’t really even that weak in the side- APTs are the upgrade that kills this ship, and they are only as bad as they are because there exists an upgrade that lets you greatly increase the chance that they can be used for a tiny price and no real draw back (in comparison to other reroll effects).

So my only change to the Nebulon is increasing the price of Ordinance Experts.

4 minutes ago, Sybreed said:

So basically you want an ISD xD

Or a slightly all around less Tanky pickle. Yes it would be nice but I'd rather see 6 front sheild on the liberty, to make it the come at me bro of Reb ships.

I think if you got Nebs to hit a lot harder/better in the lifespan they have, it could be worth it. The difference between the Neb and a Victory is Nebulons are a lot cheaper, and closer to being considered disposable. Once you start loading them up with upgrades it's going to hurt when it goes down, and investing in them means you need some kind of counter-play to a super flanker like Demolisher coming to the scene with APTs.

But you could also go cheaper/more with Hammerheads, which are even more disposable and offer almost as many dice.

I've toyed with Nebulon gunlines in the distant past, but I think the getting flanked problem always did them in. I wonder if something like an MC30 or a Liberty covering the exposed flank would fix it and make that list type work.

2 hours ago, Sybreed said:

So basically you want an ISD xD

Hey now, the Liberty still has a shittier hull, poorer defensive token suite no ORetro, DRetro - which is fine, since we pick up a Support Team and an upcoming Rebel officer unique will be to add an ORetro to a ship. It's not even a poor mans ISD, it's just a lackluster capital ship platform. 

It is the original for dual Turbolasers though. So there's that? 

Edited by eliteone

30 minutes ago, eliteone said:

an upcoming Rebel officer unique will be to add an ORetro to a ship

... is there anything that would really care about this?  What are you going to bring, and ExHB CR90?  A BT Liberty?

Now, a Weapons Team, on the other hand...

On 11/26/2017 at 3:52 AM, Lord Tareq said:

I'd change the VSD-II to have movement 3 at the same cost. Fits the fluff as these were given upgraded engines over the VSD-I

Maybe give the VSD-I a Defense slot, and give VSD-II 1,1-1,0-1-1 with speed 3.

29 minutes ago, Ardaedhel said:

... is there anything that would really care about this?  What are you going to bring, and ExHB CR90?  A BT Liberty?

Now, a Weapons Team, on the other hand...

Yavaris w/Boosted Comms, or MC80L Liberty w/Boosted Comms, MC80 with ExHB and Boosted Comms is the real dream. Ah the fun I would have with that. Relay 1 or GR-75 spam just doesn't do it for my squadron game. 

9 minutes ago, eliteone said:

Yavaris w/Boosted Comms, or MC80L Liberty w/Boosted Comms, MC80 with ExHB and Boosted Comms is the real dream. Ah the fun I would have with that. Relay 1 or GR-75 spam just doesn't do it for my squadron game. 

Try an EHB flotilla in a Leia list, 4 squadrons from a single GR-75 is rediculously awesome lol. And since no boosted/relay, toss jamming fields on there to roll up and provide cover after launching a solid alpha from a freakin’ flotilla hahaha