Sign in to follow this  
Kdubb

Deathrain and Trajectory Simulator Doesn't work.

So this doesn't work. But I didn't look at the card closely enough as, you know, you would think it SHOULD work. Here is the useless work I did.

Deathrain ability with Trajectory Simulator.

Sorry the images are so small...

forward 15a1a23dfc8c66_fwd1.PNG.8b675cbe34f02d6dd755d3e7fc4dcf87.PNG

forward 25a1a23e23077e_fwd2.PNG.23df18aa185ffeb1f1489697b692a827.PNG

forward 35a1a23e3f3bc1_fwd3.PNG.704ca65795c052b13633a10a88340e70.PNG

1 bank      5a1a23d62f6ce_bnkL1.PNG.52751053c3ccf06e163e05ed3abcccc9.PNG

2 bank      5a1a23d861db4_bnkL2.PNG.bafcaa0439d3039aef45fa7031f3454e.PNG

3 bank      5a1a23db7a6c1_bnkL3.PNG.af24857786321d20098713061e510f4f.PNG

Turn 2      5a1a23ed42e90_turnL2.PNG.324c10091602f0fdba69790e37d460c9.PNG

Turn 3      5a1a23efc7ace_turnL3.PNG.b837f04959251b493b67b6175e4253cc.PNG

4 K-turn   4K.PNG.5973d5bf426c8c9744b1e8ded1069a2d.PNG

Now please laugh at me for wasting my time.

Edited by Kdubb

41 minutes ago, HolySorcerer said:

Sorry.  I try and point it out as soon as it's brought up, I'd hate for people to be under the mistaken impression that there is a use for the Punisher.

Face it, there is no way to make that piece of scrap any good. Scum has the dubious honor of holding the most OP ship. Imperials have the dishonor of holding the most useless ship. 

TIE Punisher will never work. FFG devs didn't know how to design ships in Wave 7 (and some may argue wave 9 and 10 too).

Just now, Marinealver said:

Face it, there is no way to make that piece of scrap any good. Scum has the dubious honor of holding the most OP ship. Imperials have the dishonor of holding the most useless ship. 

TIE Punisher will never work. FFG devs didn't know how to design ships in Wave 7 (and some may argue wave 9 and 10 too).

It might be usable if it got a title that made all of its upgrades free.

1 minute ago, HolySorcerer said:

It might be usable if it got a title that made all of its upgrades free.

no because then you go with the disproven theory that it is the cost of 1 use secondary weapons which keeps missile and torpedoes from being useful. I already said the problem is Arc Dodgers ruin any chance and they don't do enough damage when compared to a cannon or primary weapons with a target lock.

The only way it would work is if the title allows them to perform a free target lock action of a ship inside their firing arc at the start of the combat phase. Then TIE Punishers just maybe, be good as in TIE Defender 2.0 levels of good which then they would get nerfed because all the Meta Nerf Herders of the game will start crying over on how the most worthless ship in the game became OP overnight and they can't set up their interceptors in the right position.

4 minutes ago, Marinealver said:

no because then you go with the disproven theory that it is the cost of 1 use secondary weapons which keeps missile and torpedoes from being useful. I already said the problem is Arc Dodgers ruin any chance and they don't do enough damage when compared to a cannon or primary weapons with a target lock.

The only way it would work is if the title allows them to perform a free target lock action of a ship inside their firing arc at the start of the combat phase. Then TIE Punishers just maybe, be good as in TIE Defender 2.0 levels of good which then they would get nerfed because all the Meta Nerf Herders of the game will start crying over on how the most worthless ship in the game became OP overnight and they can't set up their interceptors in the right position.

I didn't say it would be great, just that it might be usable.  They're useless without munitions, but they're too expensive once they have them.  If you could fully load them for free you might see one pop into a list once in a while.

1 hour ago, HolySorcerer said:

Deathrain's ability does not work with Trajectory Simulator.

There's an argument to be made that it potentially might: I'm sure that launching instead of dropping a bomb will not allow you to bypass the "you can only drop one bomb per round" rule (although currently it does), there might be some forthcoming verbiage that equates the two as far as language for game effects goes.

Just now, Blail Blerg said:

what exactly are you showing in the images? 

barrel roll positions if you could have used Deathrains ability to perform a free barrel roll action after you used trajectory simulator to throw a bomb forward.

He is showing that you still get hit.

3 hours ago, Marinealver said:

The Punisher title needs to be native 2 actions like Vader. Even then it probably needs a point decrease or at least a descrease for upgrades (even if it’s just a Bomb, Torp or Missile). 

As waves go though wave 7 is probably the worst designed. 1 super pilot, 1 super Turret that should never have been made. 2 completely dud ships and the YV which causes problems because of Scum crew costs in later waves. 

Homourable mention to wave 8 and the Jumpmaster. The still broken ship. 

Edited by DodgingArcs

1 hour ago, Marinealver said:

barrel roll positions if you could have used Deathrains ability to perform a free barrel roll action after you used trajectory simulator to throw a bomb forward.

He is showing that you still get hit.

Not exactly. He did a bunch of work to see the various positions you could end up if you could get Deathrain's free barrel roll with the Trajectory Simulator, then realised that it doesn't trigger off of "launched" bombs, but "dropped" bombs, and these are two different things now. 

4 minutes ago, kris40k said:

Not exactly. He did a bunch of work to see the various positions you could end up if you could get Deathrain's free barrel roll with the Trajectory Simulator, then realised that it doesn't trigger off of "launched" bombs, but "dropped" bombs, and these are two different things now. 

Yeah but looking at it I am starting to wonder how you launch a bomb without hitting yourself aka pre-nym Genius (especially since that is a large base and going to be moving the same as a punisher speed 2. I guess the upgrade deflective plating that makes you immune from your own bombs is the way to go.

swx67-deflective-plating.png

3 hours ago, Marinealver said:

Yeah but looking at it I am starting to wonder how you launch a bomb without hitting yourself aka pre-nym Genius (especially since that is a large base and going to be moving the same as a punisher speed 2. I guess the upgrade deflective plating that makes you immune from your own bombs is the way to go.

swx67-deflective-plating.png

i haven't measured it out but apparently you need that unless you have a 1 turn on a large base ( which is red on the RB)

Edit: fun fact, even without his barrel roll deathrain has more options to dodge the blast that the RB

Edited by Ralgon

23 minutes ago, Celestial Lizards said:

Cutlass Sqd Pilot with AC and LWF isn't terrible for what you're paying for. 

It's better with unguided rockets, but a Bomber is better still for the same purpose.

And efficient 3 die jousters aren't exactly lighting the meta up right now.

8 hours ago, Marinealver said:

I cannot believe that they don't design new cards like this and Bomblet Generator and all others, accounting for the TIE Punisher. Of course they do. We all can see that this fits a Punisher upgrade bar with bombs, torpedoes (for extra munitions) and systems. It's like a match made in heaven.

However there is someone in the testing team that consistently tells them these cards would make the Punisher overpowered or something. There is no other explanation.
Look at Saturation Salvo, R3 Astromech, Jamming Beam... All of them are interesting designs that clearly look overnerfed during testing to the point that it makes them useless. The devs have said in some occasions that they always start with an overpowered design and nerf it during testing because it's easier to see what's too powerful than what's too weak.

5 hours ago, RufusDaMan said:

Technically however you can drop and launch a bomb in the same turn. 

Ehh... that would take a great deal of weaseling to try to get to work. The rules state that you can only drop one bomb per turn (rules ref pg 7) and the Trajectory Simulator states that you can "launch bombs ... instead of dropping them." While someone might try to argue somehow that "launching" a bomb does not count as "dropping" a bomb, I would argue back that since you can launch "instead of dropping" and not in addition to, it uses the once per turn opportunity to drop a bomb to instead launch.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone tries it enough that it gets added into the next FAQ though.