Sign in to follow this  
Jabby

Painting Tips

I'm a Vallejo fan myself, so for the rebel camo I would go with a list something like this:

Vallajo model color:

Khaki, Luftwaffe camo green, English Uniform.

These are all relatively dark even the khaki but don't be afraid to mix in a few drops of white if you want brighter colors.

1 hour ago, Drasnighta said:

You mean, on the pallet afterwards? Let it dry and then after a month or so pull it all off in a stress reducing exercise.

Yeah. So i guess you don’t put it back in the pot. I was thinking of mixing a large batch of paint i would use e.g. super thinned nuln oil and put it in a spare pot

Posted (edited)

The paint on my pallet is no longer clean.  At the very least, it has had water added to it.  That chances the composition of the paint and makes it unworthy of returning to the pot.

But I am a student of the "Less is more" school and rarely have "wasted, excess" paint.

Edited by Drasnighta

7 hours ago, Jabby said:

Yeah. So i guess you don’t put it back in the pot. I was thinking of mixing a large batch of paint i would use e.g. super thinned nuln oil and put it in a spare pot

Mixing paint into an empty pot is a good idea if you use a lot of watered down paints or inks. Mind you I would add Lahmium Medium not water to the Nuln Oil to thin it.

Like Dras I don't return paints to the pot, in addition to the water and what that may do I also expect that as the paint dries out on the pallet you have some other changes going on like little clumps of pigment forming that aren't ideal to paint with either.