>kkj

A Guide to the "worst" ship in Armada

13 hours ago, Mikael Hasselstein said:

Now that the votes are in (38 constitutes a quorum, right?) someone should do a thread on how to use the legitimately-elected worst ship in Armada (the Interdictor), rather than the pretender to the throne.

The Pelta is right there with it. The Chimaera pack looks to be stealing it’s thunder. 

15 minutes ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

Which is odd, 'cause it's still the only Reb ship with an FC slot.

I think Rebels are looking at the Chimera and then back at the Pelta and thinking:

DLs1EGk.jpg

Edited by GrandAdmiralCrunch

I'll be happy to try the new commands on my Pelta, when I get the Chimera.  

About ships, I think the main problem with some underwhelming ships is that some people want ships to do things they aren't really meant to do.  The Interdictor is not a main battle line Star Destroyer, and the Raider is not meant to fight more powerful ships.  The Pelta, well..yeah the Pelta is slow, lol.

Edited by AegisGrimm

I'm still experimenting with an Interdictor build with Grav Shift Reroute, G7X Grav Well Projector, SW-7s, and Disposable Capacitors. Of course the rest of the fleet is important, but this doesn't seem terrible. It is 102 points to "win" deployment, and then you have very reliable damage with one good round of long-ranged blue dice.

The challenge is to leverage the advantage you gain in deployment.

45 minutes ago, GrandAdmiralCrunch said:

I think Rebels are looking at the Chimera and then back at the Pelta and thinking:

DLs1EGk.jpg

As a Rebel, not really. It's a good title, Bront, but it's also on an ISD. Roughly, with a comms net gozanti, admiral, and the ISD you're probably around 200ish points.  That leaves 200 for ships that want to work with this AND the admiral too AND a fighter presence. Super easy! But a VSD isn't going to want to Entrapment Formation, a Raider doesn't really want IF, and 4-6 TIEs benefit from AFFM once a game, really.

The title is good, but I think everyone seems to be feeling like the Chimaera is going to be firing off all of these every turn of the game. Which, no? It's GOOD, it's very good, but the Peltas focus on one command means it can both do that command and still get to do other things well enough too.

It's also a support ship, not my main battleship. If I lose the Pelta, that sucks, but i probably haven't lost the game. But if I lose the Chimaera? The big super target that my opponent is going to be throwing everything at to end it faster? Well, that's another story, especially if the other ships (Arqs, one Glad at most I bet, Raiders, mmmmmaybe a VSD) were counting on the Chimaera there to help them out and keep them alive. 

2 hours ago, AegisGrimm said:

I'll be happy to try the new commands on my Pelta, when I get the Chimera.  

About ships, I think the main problem with some underwhelming ships is that some people want ships to do things they aren't really meant to do.  The Interdictor is not a main battle line Star Destroyer, and the Raider is not meant to fight more powerful ships.  The Pelta, well..yeah the Pelta is slow, lol.

At least for me with the Interdictor it is the Empire tax that we pay for the ability to use its abilities. It is not a bad ship, just cost so much to use that at least in my area (local meta) it never gets used, as for the points it is generally take it or another ISD (or several smaller ships), and we just go with the other option.

7 hours ago, GrandAdmiralCrunch said:

The Pelta is right there with it. The Chimaera pack looks to be stealing it’s thunder.

Typical Rebel ballot-stuffing tactics.

I declare those votes illegitimate. Why doesn't that poll have stronger voter ID laws??

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

On 11/29/2017 at 11:24 AM, AegisGrimm said:

…the Raider is not meant to fight more powerful ships…

Which leaves Hammerheads and transports.  I played with Raiders yesterday in a tourney to give them another go because I love the model and their maneuverability.  I lost them both every game slow rowing them as suggested earlier usually without them getting off a shot.  They can’t stand against any long range shooters or fighters.  They actually did kill some fighters and interceptors woohoo but were essentially points gifts to my opponents.  Unless it gets fixed in some way, I will NEVER fly Raiders again!!!!  Waste of points.  Looks pretty, goes fast, too expensive, dies quickly.