Celestial Lizards

Test Pilot "Blackout"

So I've heard that the ability reads: "When defending, if the attack is obstructed, roll 2 additional defense dice." 

Probably around 32-33 points.

PS7 with EPT

It'll make obstacle placement much more strategic to try to set up obstructed shots.

That EPT slot could be very good. Trick Shot and the new Debris-something could be very powerful on a 3 attack, 3 defense ship with this ability. 

What do you think? Is it another DoA pilot, or something that could be very interesting?

Assuming it is what I think it is, which is what's in your post, it's pretty situational and difficult to set up.  And needs Advanced Sensors to really work; this whole ship feels built around that upgrade.

I suspect the only one that will see high level competitive play is Kylo, and that Debris whatever will probably not be all that good, though it'll combine nicely with Advanced Optics at 2 points.

22 minutes ago, Celestial Lizards said:

So I've heard that the ability reads: "When defending, if the attack is obstructed, roll 2 additional defense dice." 

Probably around 32-33 points.

PS7 with EPT

It'll make obstacle placement much more strategic to try to set up obstructed shots.

That EPT slot could be very good. Trick Shot and the new Debris-something could be very powerful on a 3 attack, 3 defense ship with this ability. 

What do you think? Is it another DoA pilot, or something that could be very interesting?

Wait wait, no that's wrong.

Its 2 more dice when attacking, I believe.

15 minutes ago, HolySorcerer said:

If Blackout's ability is the extra defense as described then the Silencer is shaping up to be a pretty useless expansion.  It's dial had better be jumpmaster levels of broken, or this thing is looking DOA.

Ptl advsen Pattern? Ptl actions before or after you move, no stress. Its bonkers

12 minutes ago, MegaSilver said:

Ptl advsen Pattern? Ptl actions before or after you move, no stress. Its bonkers

On a delicate frame, with low offense, no evade, no ordnance, no turrets, an unknown dial, for a ton of points, with bad pilot abilities, at an awkward price range. 

The dial had better be insane.

Edited by HolySorcerer

15 minutes ago, Celestial Lizards said:

Ok, then if it is attack dice, Trick Shot is ridiculous with it. 

I still have hope for the Debris EPT. I like cards that are really odd, like S Salvo and Flight Instructor.

If its a defense, then that's an unhittable ship. With proper setup and flying you can achieve 6 dice defense with AT. With 6 health. And can once re-roll defense dice. Plus it has that Debris EPT..., and presumably the most maneuverable dial in the game WITH advanced sensors. The only way to take that out is with Bombs. You can routinely evade 3 hit results without breaking a sweat.

If its offense then you are throwing 6 dice with trick shot... against what? agi 1 heavy bombers? Still pretty good.