clanofwolves

The meta, when’s it gonna give?!?

The meta is stale and hard as a month old baguette...when’s the madness gona give?

So here’s the current meta-wing “balance” haha:

1. Lowhhrick 
2. Miranda
3. Asajj
4. Kanan
5. Zeb
6. Dengar
7. QuickDraw
8. Lok 
9. Kashyyyk
10. Scout

There are fewer top ten lists that look less Star-Warsy I’ll wager; when is the train wreck gonna end? Will the new releases break this up? Can balance ever actually occur? And which traditional Thanksgiving leftover is best? Inquiring minds need to know.

Cheers!

Edited by clanofwolves

I think we can pretty much give up in having a properly balanced game, especially after listening to the recent S&V interview with the design team. Although I’ve seen a wider variety of lists at events recently; it’s still the same ships/pilots bubbling to the top. The newer ships are just better although I think the recent FAQ closed the gap a little. 

Honestly, I think it's in a pretty solid place right now, and doubly so once the new wave comes out.

There's a good variety of stuff at the top, and that top 10 by no means includes everything that CAN currently win, just what few HAVE since the nerfs.  It also doesn't factor in upgrades, which are probably more important right now than they have been for a long time, especially Harpoons.

Patience, the meta will shake out soon.

Sigh.. I just want the classic star wars ships to come back and be useful as I know an awful lot of people who just don't play it anymore due to this reason. They don't want to be forced to fly funny looking ships or scum to have a chance of winning.

Personally I want to fly some tie interceptors and tie fighters but people I fly against are all about the current broken meta. 

Can X-wing come back to star wars?

THing is, to an awful lot of people, the Gunboat IS classic Star Wars.  And Poe is still great, and flying an x-wing, Rey and Han are both still eminently decent, and a wide range of TIE Fighters are among the Empire's top pilots right now, not least Vader himself.

It's impossible to please everyone.

31 minutes ago, Smutpedler said:

I think we can pretty much give up in having a properly balanced game, especially after listening to the recent S&V interview with the design team. Although I’ve seen a wider variety of lists at events recently; it’s still the same ships/pilots bubbling to the top. The newer ships are just better although I think the recent FAQ closed the gap a little. 

I agree with that.  I've been playing since the start of 2016 and not sure it's ever been balanced in that period.

3 hours ago, clanofwolves said:

The meta is stale and hard as a month old baguette...when’s the madness gona give?

I feel completely the opposite - people have been constantly changing their lists since wave 11 dropped, especially now that G4H is really in play.

While you‘re right that the same lists are dominating at the top s-tier level, there is much movement right below them and a much larger amount of lists and ships can win against the topdogs than in a long, long time

Edited by GreenDragoon
Spelling

2 hours ago, william1134 said:

Can X-wing come back to star wars?

Personally, I could care less about the meta, and it doesn't affect me. . .but I want releases that bring more narrative to the game, not just a new mechanic.

2 hours ago, clanofwolves said:

And which traditional Thanksgiving leftover is best? Inquiring minds need to know.

A baguette is only good for a day, let alone a month.

The turkey itself.  Cold, right out of the ziplock, and perhaps not coincidentally, with a sprinkle of salt.

4 hours ago, FTS Gecko said:

Be the change you want to see.  Don't like the meta?  Fly something else.

While I do believe this is a worthwhile endeavor, if the game isn’t as well balanced as it needs to be, this can be an unending nightmare as you bang your head against a wall over and over trying to beat overpowered items with those items that are not.

Having said that, if you like a list and think it can compete but simply isn’t getting love for whatever reason, don’t toss it in the trash after one loss and claim the game isn’t fair. Put in the necessary amount of reps with the list, and even if it STILL feels that way, you need to consider that your list was poorly constructed despite your assertions, or you aren’t up to snuff with the competition. 

For those others who are like me and have trouble a) making time for the game b) always want to fly something new when you do get a chance to play, and c) enjoy the competitive element of the game, you probably need to accept you will never be a top level player (or a content player in the last case) unless one of those 3 things changes.

Edited by Kdubb

4 hours ago, FTS Gecko said:

Be the change you want to see.  Don't like the meta?  Fly something else.

Tried that... I flew a list that was utterly crushed by scum ships.  Those things were just throwing 5 red fully modifed dice. It is just too much and crushed my the child inside of me.

12 minutes ago, william1134 said:

Tried that... I flew a list that was utterly crushed by scum ships.  Those things were just throwing 5 red fully modifed dice. It is just too much and crushed my the child inside of me.

So two questions...

1. What are you trying to fly?

2. What Scum list was throwing that much fully modified dice? Cruise Missiles or Fenn?

If its Interceptors you want to use....proxy palp if you dont own him and go out and wreck some stuff. With a bit of practice this should be able to handle 99% of the lists people use these days especially if you win the initative choice. Baffle in case your not used to shuttles. Everything has a few bad matchups. 

"Quickdraw" — TIE/sf Fighter 29
Veteran Instincts 1
Fire-Control System 2
Primed Thrusters 1
Lightweight Frame 2
Special Ops Training 0
Ship Total: 35

Omicron Group Pilot — Lambda-Class Shuttle 21
Electronic Baffle 1
Emperor Palpatine 8
Ship Total: 30

Soontir Fel — TIE Interceptor 27