Astech

FFG Is Being Nice!

I've just realised that the resistance bomber has three copies of Trajectory simulators in it, which happens to be the maximum that any squad can effectively use at the moment. It's nice that they didn't limit it to one in the pack, thus forcing everyone looking to have bombing fun at a system open to buy 3 big-box packs.

It also contains two copies of Advanced Optics, which is super nice.

1 hour ago, FTS Gecko said:

Now hopefully we'll get a pre-holidays reveal of the Scarif Veterans Expansion Pack, with multiple copies of FLight Assist Astromech...

I'm not greedy I'm enthusiastic

And Integrated Astromech. So it's mathematically possible to ever equip your whole force with them, you know?

Just now, Reiver said:

And Integrated Astromech. So it's mathematically possible to ever equip your whole force with them, you know?

To be fair there were multiple copies of Integrated in Heroes of the Resistance, but yeah, another source for them wouldn't go amiss.

Just now, FTS Gecko said:

To be fair there were multiple copies of Integrated in Heroes of the Resistance, but yeah, another source for them wouldn't go amiss.

While I accept this as a technicality, a Perfectly Normal Player(tm) who buys even one of everything can be expected at this point to have no less than six X-wing variants, and ... three Integrated Astromechs? And two Falcons.

Having to buy extra Falcons in order to equip the X-wings feels a little bit incongruous at that point. ;)

1 hour ago, Celestial Lizards said:

TWO AUTOTHRUSTERS!!!
I mean, who doesn't already have 2?

I know, right? I mean, the Autothruster Expansion Pack came with two.  That ExPac was a steal, considering that they threw in a whole ship model for free with the two cards!

9 minutes ago, Hawkstrike said:

I know, right? I mean, the Autothruster Expansion Pack came with two.  That ExPac was a steal, considering that they threw in a whole ship model for free with the two cards!

Guess I was doing it wrong, because I was flying Guri instead of looking at only the autothrusters.

2 hours ago, Celestial Lizards said:

TWO AUTOTHRUSTERS!!!
I mean, who doesn't already have 2?

Me.  But feeding a family and paying a mortgage is more important than tiny space ships. I'm funny like that.   What I need is for my family to live in a spaceship.

Edited by That Blasted Samophlange

29 minutes ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

Me.  But feeding a family and paying a mortgage is more important than tiny space ships. I'm funny like that.   What I need is for my family to live in a spaceship.

Pff, just have them live with you in a box fort made from X-Wing packaging to have more money for the really important things in life, like tiny space ships :P

2 hours ago, Hawkstrike said:

Hey, anybody wants to mail me their "extra" 'Vipers, I have a wide range of paint jobs I want to try out.  I'll give them a good home, I promise!

Edited by Kleeg005

Interesting, but I am trying to think of cases where you would want 3 or even 6 trajectory simulators. FFG could have just given us 2 and we would be good. The Resistance Bomber doesn't have that high of a squadron point cost where you could put 2 in a decent list.

Honestly it isn't when FFG only puts a copy of said popular upgrade (such as autothrusters) in a ship that people call it stingy. It is when they only put 1 upgrade such as comes relay especially when it is likely there would already be multiple ships that would use the upgrade.