Sign in to follow this  
Villan

Rebel build advice t-70

Hi all,

playing a casual game tonight and wanted to play with my 2 T-70's. I've put this together as the manoeuvrability looks quite fun even if it isn't too robust.  Has anyone got any other ideas?  I am using ships that I own and pilots that I own otherwise we use any card available as we print from Squadron Builder.  Many thanks!

Poe Dameron (PS8 Version) (41) T-70 X-Wing (31), Black One (1), BB-8 (2), Weapons Guidance (2), Push the Limit (3), Autothrusters (2)

Ello Asty (34) T-70 X-Wing (30), R2 Astromech (1), Weapons Guidance (2), Veteran Instincts (1), Integrated Astromech (0)

Gold Squadron Pilot (25) Y-Wing (18), BTL-A4 Y-Wing (0), R2 Astromech (1), Twin Laser Turret (6)

P.S. I also have 2 A's, 2 B's, a K, an ARC, a TIE, an attack shuttle (Phantom), Ghost, HWK, and YT 2400, if these are a better fit for the T-70's.

Edited by Villan

Looks fun. There are a lot more optimal builds for t-70s out there, particularly if you have access to heroes of the resistance, but get some practice with how they handle first. If you can find the ‘are triple t-70s viable’ thread and replace one cab with your stressbot y-wing it should give you plenty of list ideas!

15 minutes ago, Villan said:

I'm wondering if ion cannon might be better especially as it may mean T-70's can get in close with their movement.

Swings and roundabouts:

• Blind spots:
    • TLT can double-stress a target at range 3.
    • Ion cannon turret can double-stress a target at range 1
    • Range 3 is a much bigger region of the board
  • Secondary effect:
    • Double Stress + Ion is a nightmare for small ships
    • It does require the ion turret to actually hit

The main thing I'll say is weapons guidance is a bit....ho-hum. It's a good ability, but it's only really useful if you roll a blank and don't roll a focus on the same attack, which with 3 dice is actually surprisingly low.

Note that Poe Dameron is an exception here - if he has a shot and isn't being shot at, you can change one focus to a hit then spend the focus to turn a blank to a hit as well. Not the best use of Poe's ability but painful as heck to be on the receiving end of, especially with a target lock to throw in as well.

While with that ship variety I could suggest all sorts of things, here's what I might suggest (supposing you're good with proxying)

Poe (PS8)

Adaptability

Advanced Optics

Flight-Assist Astromech

AT

Ello

VI

Flight-Assist Astromech

AT

Gold Squadron Pilot

TLT

Title

R3-A2 (to stress the $#!+ out of a choice target)

or 

Chopper (w/GC, Bomb Loadout) (for regen)

You could also drop one set of AT to IA and fit Jess Pava w/ M9-G8 and Pattern Analyzer to support.

I'm thinking Poe looks pretty good there, might want pattern analyser for him, but definitely not a requirement.

The y-wing is better off as a stress-bot I think: adding r3-a2 instead of the r2 astromech will allow you to double stress and restrict the maneuverability of anything that threatens to out-fly your x-wings.

That would leave you up to 33 points to spend on your 2nd x-wing. (or 31 if you give Poe the pattern analyzer)

So you could take Ello with the current setup quite happily if you wanted to. You could also use Jess Pava, who would make quite a nice accompaniment to the y-wing..  maybe with m9-g8. (If my math is correct that would put you at about 97 points)