Jump to content
Plymouthdean86

Seriously ffg, what exactly are you doing!!

Recommended Posts

Greedo has 7 health and therefore is unplayable? Have you been playing this game? Stormtroopers, Ezra, Padawan, Nightsister. All of those see alot of competitive play, in fact most of the 7 health characters in this game see at least some real competitive play. 

Can't say the same for the 12 health characters though, especially after the recent RRG. So if health is your only point of comparison you need to reverse your "complaint".

I mean K2SO is a 12 health legendary, is he broken too? What about IG88 or Chewbacca? Thrawn not looking too hot right now. Mace has some proponents, but Luke really doesn't with this new set. Haven't seen much Grand Inquisitor either. Krennic never really got off the ground, and Poe just got smacked into it. I'll give you Cad Bane, he's just missing a dance partner. But really 12 health and legendary is not a good omen if you actually bother to go look. Which you clearly didn't.

You responded to another poster with "well that's alot of what ifs", but your whole position is what if. You've seen health and 2 die sides for each character and you're declaring them unplayable and broken? I could show you everything but health on a character and you still wouldn't be able to make that statement, and yet you'll do it using only health. That's nuts. 

This is one of those threads that I desperately hope is a troll post, for humanity's sake.

Edited by ScottieATF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ScottieATF said:

Greedo has 7 health and therefore is unplayable? Have you been playing this game? Stormtroopers, Ezra, Padawan, Nightsister. All of those see alot of competitive play, in fact most of the 7 health characters in this game see at least some real competitive play. 

Can't say the same for the 12 health characters though, especially after the recent RRG. So if health is your only point of comparison you need to reverse your "complaint".

I mean K2SO is a 12 health legendary, is he broken too? What about IG88 or Chewbacca? Thrawn not looking too hot right now. Mace has some proponents, but Luke really doesn't with this new set. Haven't seen much Grand Inquisitor either. Krennic never really got off the ground, and Poe just got smacked into it. I'll give you Cad Bane, he's just missing a dance partner. But really 12 health and legendary is not a good omen if you actually bother to go look. Which you clearly didn't.

You responded to another poster with "well that's alot of what ifs", but your whole position is what if. You've seen health and 2 die sides for each character and you're declaring them unplayable and broken? I could show you everything but health on a character and you still wouldn't be able to make that statement, and yet you'll do it using only health. That's nuts. 

This is one of those threads that I desperately hope is a troll post, for humanity's sake.

Think we know more about secura and Yoda than just 2 dice sides

Never said anyone is unplayable

Think most people can see how these 2 will be abused, especially secura with force focus

Clearly didn't read correctly 

FFG go and hit the 17/13 elite villian pairings with a nerf bat (which 80% i agree needed) to stop these overpowered combos, but then go and make 2 more characters that fit in that mould

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why are you bringing up Greedo and Zen then? If you're point is actually Yoda and Secura then what does bringing up those two barely spoiled cards suppose to add to your argument.

You made the thread, you are the one linking the spoiled images that show, you are the one on the basis of health and two die sides making judgements about those two cards.

How is Greedo having 7 health at all indicative of whether he's balanced or not?

How in all **** is Zen unbalanced on the high end on the basis of having 12 health, a shield side, and a resource side?

It's impossible to take you seriously because your bias is so absurdly clear. Complaining about Zeb being not balanced based on nothing shows you aren't capable of approaching the subject reasonably.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Plymouthdean86 said:

7 health can be one shotted turn 1 easily, not so great losing 11pts in 1 turn 

Seeing that you don’t realize the difference between “turns” and “rounds” I’d say your opinion doesn’t go for much. Got a chuckle for the troll attempt though!

Edited by DarthBlade

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Plymouthdean86 said:

To say I don't know the game mechanics made me laugh

Read again. Knowing game mechanics and having deep understanding of the game are 2 different things. First you can learn in 30 minutes, second can elude you after months of play. And with theories you craft up in this topic i dare to say you lack a bit in this department.

 

14 hours ago, Plymouthdean86 said:

really wouldn't surprise me if secura,Yoda and Kanan all get a pt increase quickly after legacies

Why? Yoda is pure support char, on 1 dice he is somehow meh, as the special may elude you , on 2 dice he may shine - and lets face it heroes needed cheap pure support. At 10 pts he may be even played with Obi, at 13 he gets a bit of Kanan syndrome described below. But i can imagine eQuigon/eYoda to be a solid thing.

Kanan? For the love of god why? 1 dice he is a bummer - just a filler cause there is really no competition at that point range. Elite he has no partners aside from Quigonn (pretty good but for sure not game breaking - he serves similar role to old Rey there - speed up and some additional dmg, and Qui/Rey was not broken for sure) ,Ahsoka (that is really weird as you will struggle with resources to use Ahsoka or if you do not use her why just no Quigonn?) and Padawans (where AoE damage shreds this deck)

Aayla i may agree - she is 1 point too cheap. 12 points with 3 damage sides...is a bit skewed. But i still would hold my horses with nerf bat (come on you wanna nerf a card before we even got whole set?? Thats what im talking about above) until we see Villain counterparts.

Edited by Vitalis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Vitalis said:

Kanan? For the love of god why? 1 dice he is a bummer - just a filler cause there is really no competition at that point range. Elite he has no partners aside from Quigonn (pretty good but for sure not game breaking - he serves similar role to old Rey there - speed up and some additional dmg, and Qui/Rey was not broken for sure) ,Ahsoka (that is really weird as you will struggle with resources to use Ahsoka or if you do not use her why just no Quigonn?) and Padawans (where AoE damage shreds this deck)

Agree with the gist of the post, but just want to add that Kanan has a sterling pairing in Leia imo. You get a very fast deck with 4 dice, Defensive Position, Dug In, Force Misdirection and the great red guns. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Scactha said:

Agree with the gist of the post, but just want to add that Kanan has a sterling pairing in Leia imo. You get a very fast deck with 4 dice, Defensive Position, Dug In, Force Misdirection and the great red guns. 

True, but its nowhere ever remotely close to the current levels of OP that are required to hit with a nerf bat (Poe and FN were ultra dominant , same as Phasma and Unkar but those 2 a lot shorter). Kanan is just solid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2017‎-‎11‎-‎24 at 2:26 PM, Vitalis said:

True, but its nowhere ever remotely close to the current levels of OP that are required to hit with a nerf bat (Poe and FN were ultra dominant , same as Phasma and Unkar but those 2 a lot shorter). Kanan is just solid.

Agree. It jus does what Heros are supposed to do when Villains damage storm has receded. Meta is so much better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Scactha said:

Meta is so much better.

Currently Meta is in such a good state that in our local community it still havent settled yet lol! Ofc Sabines and Rieekan mills were dominant force, but such a powerhouse decks are 1-2 guys out of 10 weekly participants. Remaining 8 are always trying out new stuff. Last tourney we had 2 Grand Inquisitor decks, lol :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this isnt an MMO where legendaries are the best regardless.

Its rarity. Strictly rarity nothing more.

Greedo being legendary has no impact on his performance. I wouldnt doubt it if they seemingly randomly decide whats a legendary and what isnt. And villains need more cheap guys because most of them were way too strong for 13pts (which got nerfed) and the cheaper than 13 are mostly garbage or extremely niche. I use Ciena Ree alot PURELY because shes the only one in that point range doubledie i feel actually has a good freakin' die and hp, i dont think ive ever used her ability. Tried, but every time i actually get a vehicle out i want to do it on i either get disrupted or she goes splat before i can.

Heck, look at old Phasma. Shes legendary. And a total joke of a character that is completely worthless lol.

Edited by Vineheart01

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vineheart01 said:

this isnt an MMO where legendaries are the best regardless.

Its rarity. Strictly rarity nothing more.

Greedo being legendary has no impact on his performance. I wouldnt doubt it if they seemingly randomly decide whats a legendary and what isnt. And villains need more cheap guys because most of them were way too strong for 13pts (which got nerfed) and the cheaper than 13 are mostly garbage or extremely niche. I use Ciena Ree alot PURELY because shes the only one in that point range doubledie i feel actually has a good freakin' die and hp, i dont think ive ever used her ability. Tried, but every time i actually get a vehicle out i want to do it on i either get disrupted or she goes splat before i can.

Heck, look at old Phasma. Shes legendary. And a total joke of a character that is completely worthless lol.

Hummm, legendary was meta for a while, 6 months ago.

Chak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FFG has a thing for Greedo for some reason. He is awesome in Imperial Assault as well and they kept his theme here as well.

Did anyone notice you can roll any number of his character dice into the pool and then resolve them. Meaning you can leave his dice in the pool alone and then resolve them. The amount of damage he does is so much for his cost you kinda have to nuke him, but with a redeploy weapon on him and if he rolls out first, he may not be a great target. The key will be to claim the battlefield first with him so you can roll him out first.

Edited by Mep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mep said:

FFG has a thing for Greedo for some reason. He is awesome in Imperial Assault as well and they kept his theme here as well.

To be fair, he's not that great in X-Wing (although I keep trying to make him work!). Just wait until Dengar comes to this game...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kieransi said:

To be fair, he's not that great in X-Wing (although I keep trying to make him work!). Just wait until Dengar comes to this game...

Yeah, for some reason Dengar was made awesome in x wing, including firing back. I guess it is because Greedo never had a ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mep said:

Yeah, for some reason Dengar was made awesome in x wing, including firing back. I guess it is because Greedo never had a ship.

Has actual theme stopped X-Wing before, like, ever? Don't be surprised if Greedo's TIE Defender shows up in Wave XIV. :P

I am very proud of X-Wing for inventing the Imperial Raider and whining to LFL to make it canon and that's why Battlefront II happened. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...