Sign in to follow this  
docForsaken

No Pax Unplugged representation?

Just got back from Pax Unplugged a few days ago and, woohoo, what a show.  One huge complaint...  There were hundreds to thousands of people playing miniature war games and there was literally ZERO Runewars going on there.  Nada.  Null.  None.  To be fair, FFG had a very weak showing compared to most medium->major gaming studios (they didn't even show off Legion there which is unfathomable to me).  Shame on FFG tbh.

I feel like we need to try to get some momentum going into next years show and get a tournament there.  If I'm paying for a trip, it's going to be to Pax (any one of them, but unplugged especially) and not the FFG Worlds in Minnesota.  With all due respect, Minnesota is a pretty rotten destination for a get-away weekend.

Agreed with this call for more FFG promotion. Runewars is a great game, but FFG needs to step up with announcing RW at big events. I didn't even know RW is going to be at Adepticon until a few days ago. 

2 hours ago, flightmaster101 said:

If I were in charge of marketing, I would really be pushing to have this a PAX unplugged.  Like with banners and posters and multiple tables for demos.

See that's the thing, I'm not convinced FFG has a clue to what is required for marketing games that don't sell themselves.  They have had so many big IPs that already have established fanbases, do they know enough to cultivate one from scratch?

So far we've seen runewars effectively get the same treatment as any star wars products, thing is star wars is printing money for a rabid fanbase.  Much like the community builders here, FFG needs to push if they want it to succeed.

Edited by Darthain

Just now, Hidatom said:

at least one distributor is putting this on clearance. I suspect FFG feels the game is "complete"...or at a place where it can fade away. 

Please don't spread these kinds of lies. FFG has TONS of content planned for Runewars. We just need to spread the good word!

5 hours ago, Hidatom said:

at least one distributor is putting this on clearance. I suspect FFG feels the game is "complete"...or at a place where it can fade away. 

FFG has only one distributor in the states. So it’s either left over stock from a cut off distributor, not in the USA or false. Either way it’s not important.

5 hours ago, Hidatom said:

have your LGS check with ACD. 
I am not lying. 
$10 

ACD is blowing out stock because they are no longer able to carry it; Asmodee and Alliance signed an exclusive deal. So they're trying to clear stock to make room for product they can continue to carry.

As far as distributors prices are concerned, Alliance is the only one that matters.

16 hours ago, docForsaken said:

Does FFG ever reply here?  Would love to know whats going on there.  Both with ACD and with the representation.

Multiple people have answered this. FFG is now exclusively distributed by Alliance. This started back in June/July. If ACD still has FFG product, they are just blowing it out to get rid of it.

2 hours ago, rowdyoctopus said:

Multiple people have answered this. FFG is now exclusively distributed by Alliance. This started back in June/July. If ACD still has FFG product, they are just blowing it out to get rid of it.

Asked my flgs about this, same guess since alliance still has everything listed at full price.