Sign in to follow this  
NeverBetTheFett

A "Ko-Tun" of Fun!

I tried her the other day and she was pretty good. For 7 pts, she packs a decent attack (with a re-roll) and can weather a few good attacks against her. That and she gives out a power token every round and her allies can make use of her effect against white die dodge mofos. You can use her with call the Vanguard since she's a trooper and her leader ability lets her use some good new cards. I also used Fenn, because why not, and he wasn't half bad when he was focussed and had some power tokens. Using call the Vanguard and then going first next round with "assault", I melted Han. I fully agree Fenn is questionable at 9 points, but still fun in this trooper list. I included some elite rebel troopers. 

Anyone else have any Ko-Tun Fun lately? I'm curious about any synergy. 

I've played a bit with and against her. She can actually shoot quite hard and long! And yes, my opponent also used Call with her. Very annoying. Could see her pair well with Fenn to give her Assault as well. Probably a bit to janky to be really competitive, but I think she is good enough.

I really like Ko-Tun! I'm not for sure if you can get her into an TOP META OMG WTF L33T list, but I think it's possible. 

My first list w/ HotE was the following:

• Elite Alliance Rangers
  • Ko-Tun w/ Motivation
  • Elite Echo Base Troopers x2
  • Hera Syndulla

I wasn't playing on any of the rotation maps. Having Ko-Tun move an eAllianceRanger into a better position for attacking and constantly dropping power tokens with either her card, Prepared for Battle or her ability felt good. Having a DMG TOKEN for an eAllianceRanger when it is forced to attack figures at close-range was very handy. eEchoBaseTroopers with a BLOCK TOKEN felt a bit stronger.

I've been trying to work Ko-Tun into a proper Heroic Effort list, but I feel she really needs additional Troopers to properly maximize her potential. (Fenn still needs a reduction of cost and a rework before I'd feel comfortable putting him in a competitive list. He definitely needs a natural +1 DMG so that him having a DMG TOKEN feels like a boon instead of a necessary fix. Blah blah blah cnemmick wants to fix everything.)

I'd like to run one of these lists next time I play her:

• Ko-Tun
  • Elite Alliance Rangers x2
  • Hera Syndulla
  • Gideon
  • Threepio

• Ko-Tun w/ Motivation
  • Elite Alliance Rangers
  • Elite Echo Base Troopers
  • Hera Syndulla
  • Chopper
  • Gideon
  • Threepio

• Han Rogue-lo
  • Ko-Tun
  • Elite Alliance Rangers
  • Elite Echo Base Troopers
  • Threepio
  • Balance of the Force (so I can afford Han's Card + Grenader & other Trooper cards)
Edited by cnemmick

I ran this one:

• Ko-Tun
  • Elite Alliance Rangers x2
  • Hera Syndulla
  • Gideon
  • Threepio

a couple of weeks ago. It's solid, but I wasn't in love with it. It felt like there was a lot of support, not enough heavy hitting. It also makes round 2 more of a chess match because you only have so many activations that can roll well. My opponent pulled back and that list isn't really built to be aggressive, even with Rangers x2.