Stay On The Leader

Resistance Bomber & Sheathipede Unboxed (Spoilers)

Poe Dameron (PS9) — T-70 X-Wing 33
Veteran Instincts 1
R2-D2 4

Advanced Optics 2
Autothrusters 2
Black One 1
Ship Total: 43

Lowhhrick — Auzituck Gunship 28
Draw Their Fire 1
Wookiee Commandos 1
Ship Total: 30

Jess Pava — T-70 X-Wing 25
R2-D6 1
Selflessness 1
Integrated Astromech 0
Ship Total: 27

[Total: 100]

this is about all I got from the unboxing video :P

Edited by ficklegreendice

9 minutes ago, Stay On The Leader said:

I think the bomber is cool, but I'm not sure it's good.

this ^ 

definitely getting one as i like my large base ships, but i think they are really going to shine in epic and HotAC rather than 100/6.

for epic I'm thinking a pair with trajectory simulator, one with bomblet and one with a silo of something, aim them at an opposing epic and unleash mayhem. For added silly, get two cheap EPT carriers with wingman next to them to convert the B/SF's into turrets :) 

14 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

Poe Dameron (PS9) — T-70 X-Wing 33
Veteran Instincts 1
R2-D2 4

Advanced Optics 2
Autothrusters 2
Black One 1
Ship Total: 43

Lowhhrick — Auzituck Gunship 28
Draw Their Fire 1
Wookiee Commandos 1
Ship Total: 30

Jess Pava — T-70 X-Wing 25
R2-D6 1
Selflessness 1
Integrated Astromech 0
Ship Total: 27

[Total: 100]

this is about all I got from the unboxing video :P

I think PS 8 Poe with Advanced Optics and VI will be even better if PS wars won't be common.
2 pts is a lot of room for list building.

Edited by Embir82

2 minutes ago, Embir82 said:

From what I remember it always was.

It was ok on a Wired Zeta Leader.

Just now, Biophysical said:

For 2 points, does anybody like Advanced Optics just on SFs?  I'm thinking Pattern Analyzer is better for the points, but it does allow a more heavily modified missile shot from PS11 Quickdraw.  

Yeah, I'm debating that in my head right now. I run PA on both in a 2 /sf list currently. If you are running a missile alpha, it would be better, like you said. I like PA for more effect over long term considering it may be hard to run into a situation where you "reload" AdvOptics after the approach. I do multiple sloops and red 1 hards with PA. I think PA gives more benefit over the course of a match, AdvOptics on the initial joust.

Crossing formation specifies "resistance ship" does it apply to rebel ships as well? I assume it does but why complicate things by not using the name of the faction on the card? I hope well get a similar post with the Tie Silencer soon!

1 hour ago, ficklegreendice said:

imo, Cobalt is trash. You know I love -agility, but drop on reveal bombs disappear before attacks are declared so you're only getting utility out of failed ACTION bomb drops. Not worth it at all

UNLESS you have Rebel Nym, who could choose that bomb to not go off. It's pretty janky, but if Rebel Nym did some "Genius" shenanigans, and Cobalt was nearby shooting, he'd get the agility drop. That's about the only time I could think it would do anything. Yeah, pretty bad.

and don't you know the guy/gal responsible for writing the preview articles are running around like crazy to finalize it and drop it since everything has been spoiled already.

You can bet there will be some mistakes in this article.

3 minutes ago, Thormind said:

Crossing formation specifies "resistance ship" does it apply to rebel ships as well? I assume it does but why complicate things by not using the name of the faction on the card? I hope well get a similar post with the Tie Silencer soon!

No. Resistance and Rebel Alliance are distinct subsections. Resistance is currently t70, tfa falcons and now the bomber .

3 minutes ago, SirCormac said:

UNLESS you have Rebel Nym, who could choose that bomb to not go off. It's pretty janky, but if Rebel Nym did some "Genius" shenanigans, and Cobalt was nearby shooting, he'd get the agility drop. That's about the only time I could think it would do anything. Yeah, pretty bad.

If someone was within range 1 of an on-reveal bomb in order for Cobalt's effect to trigger during the Combat phase, why didn't you just let it detonate at the end of the Activation phase and do damage to the target, when it likely will not be within range at the end of the next Activation phase?

Except for some weird tractor beam shenanigans during the Combat phase to roll someone within range 1 of a held on-reveal bomb, I don't see this occuring.

Edited by kris40k

Just now, kris40k said:

If someone was within range 1 of a reveal bomb in order for Cobalt's effect to trigger during the Combat phase, why didn't you just let it detonate at the end of the Activation phase and do damage to the target, when it likely will not be within range at the end of the next Activation phase?

Except for some weird tractor beam shenanigans during the Combat phase to roll someone within range 1 of a held on-reveal bomb, I don't see this occuring.

Because if Nym did "Genius", he's at Range 1 of the bomb himself, and doesn't want to get hurt by it.

Just now, SirCormac said:

Because if Nym did "Genius", he's at Range 1 of the bomb himself, and doesn't want to get hurt by it.

Doesn't typically Nym just boost away? I mean, sure some corner case there.

1 minute ago, thespaceinvader said:

Because your ships are also at r1 of it....

That I could see.

1 hour ago, Boba Rick said:

Okay, so Advanced Optics or Comm Relay on Intensity Poe?

Optics VI Poe:

PS9 Poe w/VI, BB8 or R2D2, Black One, Advanced Optics, Autothrusters (or maybe Vectored Thrusters if no BB8)

Comm Relay is almost certainly better for Poetensity, because Optics wants you to not spend the focus and reposition or TL instead, while Intensity makes you spend the token.

1 minute ago, kris40k said:

Doesn't typically Nym just boost away? I mean, sure some corner case there.

Exactly my point. I'm not saying it would be good, just saying it could happen, which is why it is pretty janky.

1 hour ago, RStan said:

Previously answered. 

I appreciate the consensus and agree based on the word choice but...
Rule lawyers will beg to differ. Action bombs are also dropped after a maneuver is revealed. A FAQ will have to specify the ability applies to bomb upgrades without the Action: header.