Larky Bobble

Are there cards in shorter supply than good generic astromechs?

Hi people,

I don´ t know about you but I love to fly four generic Red Squadron X wings in my 100/6 squad. I proxy cards, although as I own at least one of every ship up to wave 9 I usually am good for everything and have enough duplicates to give new players some fundamentals, like PTL and good missles and torps.

The one thing I am very low on numbers of though is generic Astromechs. The two good ones only come in the Y-wing expansion (R2) and the new Stealhipede thing (Flight Assist Astro?). I do want to get another Y-wing, but there´  s no way I would ever get a second shuttle...

Why are the good generic Astromechs the least reprinted card in the game? The good scum ones are overflowing in my collection! Please FFG, chuck both of the above, in multiple copies, in whatever future astromech carrier you release next. Please....

49 minutes ago, Innese said:

As someone considering buying 3 shuttles to get 3 Flight Assist Astros, I feel your pain.

Do you really think you will need 3? It is a good upgrade but I am not sure it is that good! Maybe it will bring Wedge back but I can't see it being all that useful on anything else. Maybe the odd generic filler...

8 minutes ago, John Rainbow said:

Do you really think you will need 3? It is a good upgrade but I am not sure it is that good! Maybe it will bring Wedge back but I can't see it being all that useful on anything else. Maybe the odd generic filler...

Its less about it being good, and me wanting to be the sort of crazy person that runs this:

Gold Squadron Pilot — Y-Wing 18
Bomb Loadout 0
Extra Munitions 2
Flight-Assist Astromech 1
Proximity Mines 3
Ship Total: 24

Bomb Loadout 0
Extra Munitions 2
Proximity Mines 3

Bomb Loadout 0
Extra Munitions 2
Proximity Mines 3

Ahsoka Tano — TIE Fighter 17
Veteran Instincts 1
Sabine Wren 2
Scavenger Crane 2
Proximity Mines 3
Captured TIE 1
Sabine's Masterpiece 1
Ship Total: 27

31 minutes ago, Innese said:

Its less about it being good, and me wanting to be the sort of crazy person that runs this:

Bomb Loadout 0
Extra Munitions 2
Proximity Mines 3

Bomb Loadout 0
Extra Munitions 2
Proximity Mines 3

Bomb Loadout 0
Extra Munitions 2
Proximity Mines 3

Ahsoka Tano — TIE Fighter 17
Veteran Instincts 1
Sabine Wren 2
Scavenger Crane 2
Proximity Mines 3
Captured TIE 1
Sabine's Masterpiece 1
Ship Total: 27

I didn’t think about making “deathfire” y wings.  That barrelroll drop is fantastic, especially with Conner nets.  With a ion turret it would be fun also

I rather wait for a "Repaint Pack" that brings some extra copies of useful stuff, as they did with Integrated Astromech, and proxy or borrow the extras meanwhile.
The game becomes more rational that way, by having a group of friends to buy stuff with and share upgrade cards.

EDIT: Meanwhile, they give multiples of useless astromechs like R3 Astromech. I still wonder today why did the devs think that we would want to have multiples of those. What did they see during testing that made them think that it was an upgrade people would like to get multiples of.

Edited by Azrapse

4 hours ago, John Rainbow said:

As a great fan of the Baby Blues, I can see people using four.

Targeting Astromech is also good but only available in the T70 expansion.

Other cards in short supply: Juke and Comm Relay (Tie/FO expansion), Autothrusters, Guidance Chips, Expertise, Fire Control System, Primed Thrusters and Pattern Analyser, Scavenger Crane, and most cards from the huge ships.

13 minutes ago, Gilarius said:

Targeting Astromech is also good but only available in the T70 expansion.

Targeting Astromech is in a weird spot: it's good, but not on a T-65. It would be great on an ordnance Y-Wing, but TLT Y-Wing is just better. It's not bad on a T-70 (especially combined with Primed Thrusters), but on basically any T-70 you want to run you're going to want a regen droid.

And it's not great on an E-Wing, either.

I really want it to be great, but it seems like it just doesn't have a good home. :(

I have stopped buying expansions, just for the cards, so no centipede for me as I don't like it. I would like to have a couple of inflight astromechs though, but so far  I have only made fun lists containing them, not tournament lists, so I will just proxy them. 

3 hours ago, Punning Pundit said:

Targeting Astromech is in a weird spot: it's good, but not on a T-65. It would be great on an ordnance Y-Wing, but TLT Y-Wing is just better. It's not bad on a T-70 (especially combined with Primed Thrusters), but on basically any T-70 you want to run you're going to want a regen droid.

And it's not great on an E-Wing, either.

I really want it to be great, but it seems like it just doesn't have a good home. :(

Hobbie Klivian begs to disagree. Targeting Astromech plus IA turns him into a Defender.

9 hours ago, Innese said:

As someone considering buying 3 shuttles to get 3 Flight Assist Astros, I feel your pain.

Mine are at the printer right now. :P

17 minutes ago, Hawkstrike said:

Hobbie Klivian begs to disagree. Targeting Astromech plus IA turns him into a Defender.

You leave out the fun part. A defender without title and thus a overcost and worthless one. :P
The defender, not Hobbie, we all like Hobbie! ;-)

Though I now actually see the X-Wing Title. "When you receive a stress token, assign a evade token to you as well." -2 points. Now we have defenders. And you actually can give them to T-70 as well. ;-)

Edited by SEApocalypse
Switched from doing red move to get stress.