Browncoat50

What are your favorite 32 point builds???

My friends and I recently had a small 32 point tournament. I ran Carnor Jax with PTL, title, AT and Twin Ion Engine MKII (32). It was a blast b-rolling and arc dogging all the while denying actions.

One of the nasty builds I went up against was Torkul Mux with TLT, recon spec, PRS and Ion Discharger. Made it to where he nearly always moved and shot first. If you got into his range 1 bubble and he survived he tried passing ion tokens to you after regenerating a shield.

Another fun one was Cool Hand Luke Skywalker. Cool Hand, r3 and integrated astromech.  Yeah we all thought r3 was rough,  but he did help his already tight defense in a 1 on 1 dogfight. 

What have you all tried out or played with? I think this brings more creativity back to x wing

1 on 1 its going to be hard to pass on Omega Leader, but otherwise I would try

• Lt. Kestal, VI, UR, ICT, LWF @ 32

PS 9, 2.5 Agility with 5HP, UR gives punch for killing, while ICT puts the brakes on anyone that gets out of your arc. Kestal's ability to shut down defensive mods is very nice vs Autothrusters, Poe, Luke, PtL/Focus users like Soontir, Jake, etc.

17 minutes ago, Browncoat50 said:

Another fun one was Cool Hand Luke Skywalker. Cool Hand, r3 and integrated astromech.  Yeah we all thought r3 was rough,  but he did help his already tight defense in a 1 on 1 dogfight. 

Interesting choice. Given that you could have gotten R2-D2 for the points, it was a brave choice. 

I'm not sure what I'd do with 32 points. Making a TIE fighter cost over 30 points is hard! :D

(As @kris40k suggests, my default is Shield Upgrade Omega Leader)

I've seen a 30 point game won by:

• Darth Vader
    • TIE/x1
    • Adaptability
    • Advanced Targeting Computer

So with 32 points:

• Darth Vader
    • TIE/x1
    • Veteran Instincts
    • Advanced Targeting Computer
    • Twin Ion Engines MkII

Edited by Magnus Grendel

Jake Farrell (24)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Cruise Missiles (3)
Intensity (2)
Autothrusters (2)
A-Wing Test Pilot (0)

Total: 32

Would be Fun I guess,

--------------------------------------------------

Or I would try to bring more than 1 Ship

"Wampa" (14)

"Mauler Mithel" (17)
Crack Shot (1)

Total: 32

Edited by Hannes Solo

If Lone Wolf is not banned in a 1-1 setting, it's probably the most powerful upgrade one could buy for 2 points. 

So @Magnus Grendel's Darth Vader build becomes even more lethal:

• Darth Vader: Lone Wolf, TIE/x1, Advanced Targeting Computer (32 points)

I'd be really tempted to put LW on @Hannes Solo's Jake Farrell instead of Intensity, since Jake still has a "free re-position" with his ability, but in that case Proton Rockets might be a better fit instead of Cruise Missiles (since they need focus to be fired). My proposal for Jake:

• Jake Farrell: VI, Lone Wolf, Proton Rockets, Autothrusters, A-wing Test Pilot (32 points)

Constable Zuvio — Quadjumper     19
Lone Wolf     2
Cad Bane     2
Bomblet Generator     3
Pattern Analyzer     2
Cloaking Device     2
Spacetug Tractor Array     2
Ship Total: 32

Cloak, drop bombs and tractor beam people into the bombs :D Not sure how good it is, but seems fun...

33 minutes ago, Whippoorwills said:

Constable Zuvio — Quadjumper     19
Lone Wolf     2
Cad Bane     2
Bomblet Generator     3
Pattern Analyzer     2
Cloaking Device     2
Spacetug Tractor Array     2

Cloak, drop bombs and tractor beam people into the bombs :D Not sure how good it is, but seems fun...

Might want to do VI instead of LW so that you move and tractor at 9 instead of 7 in a 1v1 ace match. Otherwise, if you move and tractor first, they activate later and move away from your bomb.

Just now, Boba Rick said:

Have you tried Intensity on her yet?  It sounds really fun.

I have not, primary due to the limitations of Intensity itself. Unless I've got a sure fire way to recharge it consistently (Poe or getting free tokens like Guri), I am very hesitant to use it. Plus, some times I need to boost and barrel roll before moving with her.

Not sure it is the best, but it will be hard to find something more fun.  Forget about K turns.  You will probably be adding 3 stress per round without clearing much, so bring at least 30 stress tokens :P

Tycho Celchu — A-Wing 26
Rage 1
Push the Limit 3
Autothrusters 2
A-Wing Test Pilot 0

Edited by Joe Censored

I dig me some Vader...

• Darth Vader (29) [32]
    • x1 (0)
    • ATC (1)
    • Juke (2)

Juke Vader has a lot of firepower and survivability, especially since he shoots towards the top of the order. If you need to reposition, take an Evade. When you need to take a Target Lock, take an Evade. Helps mitigate bad green dice.