Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Clutterbuck

Strange Question about Junk Droid store championship prize

7 posts in this topic

So, I keep noticing these for sale on eBay where is it just the card that was given away as a prize, and not the token.  How come?  There is probably something obvious I am missing, but I don't know what it is.

No idea, I got the token, I don't remember there being a card though. Isn't the actual card one of the smaller item cards? Possible people are using the wrong image on ebay? Either way, if you want the token, I wouldn't buy it from someone too lazy to take a real picture of what they are selling.

Just now, Mep said:

No idea, I got the token, I don't remember there being a card though. Isn't the actual card one of the smaller item cards? Possible people are using the wrong image on ebay? Either way, if you want the token, I wouldn't buy it from someone too lazy to take a real picture of what they are selling.

There should be a Junk Droid card that comes with the token. It's a companion card but blown up to the same size as a standard deployment card.

ManateeX likes this

At one of the two store champs I went to the TO said they got an extra pack of card prizes in the kit. So all the cards had an entire extra set, but there wasn't extra tokens. There was a spare junk Droid card that didn't have a token to go with it. I am going to guess that happened in other places too. Or maybe someone just doesn't want the bigger card to go with the token. 

Masterchiefspiff likes this

There's a chance it has to do with shipping? You can ship paper (the card) in the mail as a letter. I believe for plastic, it is supposed to be a package. This could affect price, but also how much work the seller has to do. Also, the person may just want to keep the token and could care less about alt art. My opinion is that I would ONLY buy them together. I think the value is diminished having them separately. 

7 hours ago, Matsu Robun said:

At one of the two store champs I went to the TO said they got an extra pack of card prizes in the kit. So all the cards had an entire extra set, but there wasn't extra tokens. There was a spare junk Droid card that didn't have a token to go with it. I am going to guess that happened in other places too. Or maybe someone just doesn't want the bigger card to go with the token. 

Same in the shop where I was the TO. In the first kit some copys (Unshakable) were missing. Then we got a replacement kit with a new set of cards (Unshakable, Droid and Inquisitor). Therefore we had a few more copys of the Junk Droid cards.

Thanks for the insights, guys.  The oversupply on cards really helps to clarify why there are cards without tokens up for sale.