Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Togashi Bey

High Kick - Works with Monk Attached Units?

Recommended Posts

even as an attachment I would still say it is a character card.

for ex, tattooed monk reads:

"you may play this character as an attachment with the text "attached character gains covert

to me this means it maintains being a character even though it is treated as an attachment. aka bow the attachment and make highkick awesome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When a card is played as a different card type it loses all previous card types as per the rules reference. 

So a monk character played as an attachment is no longer a character, thus, no high kick.

Edit: On a side note, this is also the reason that a character played as an attachment does not add its skill to the count during conflicts. 

Edited by Toxium

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, CenterPoint said:

even as an attachment I would still say it is a character card.

for ex, tattooed monk reads:

"you may play this character as an attachment with the text "attached character gains covert

to me this means it maintains being a character even though it is treated as an attachment. aka bow the attachment and make highkick awesome.

Edit: Shinobi'd.

(I was quoting to disagree but Toxium beat me to it).

Edited by TheSpitfired
Shinobi'd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Toxium said:

Edit: On a side note, this is also the reason that a character played as an attachment does not add its skill to the count during conflicts.

Actually, it's not. Attachments add to the character they are attached to by virtue of having stat bonuses: +1, +2, -1 etc. Tattooed Wanderer still has 2 military skill, but because it does not have a military skill bonus, it has nothing to add to the character to which it is attached.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, InquisitorM said:

Actually, it's not. Attachments add to the character they are attached to by virtue of having stat bonuses: +1, +2, -1 etc. Tattooed Wanderer still has 2 military skill, but because it does not have a military skill bonus, it has nothing to add to the character to which it is attached.

Did not read my post.

 

If characters played as attachments still counted as chatacters, they would add their skill to the count. Conflict skill count is taken from all ready characters in that conflict. This is why attachments must (from a design perspective) add skill bonuses to thier attached chatacters as they cannot add to the count directly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, InquisitorM said:

I did. My point stands and you said nothing to refute it.

Might want to take a second before you push those glasses up and go all "Um, actually..."

This thread is about characters as attachments, not about attchment bonuses. The first reply to the OP made the incorrect statement that when played as an attachment, characters were still considered characters.

The additional point I made was that IF that were true, attachment characters would add to the skill count regardless of having a + in thier MIL or POL skill, as per the rules reference.

I've said my piece and I no longer care to explain it any more clearly. If you want to always be trollin', which seems to be the case in most of your posts, go ahead without me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Toxium said:

No fight. I wish IM all the best.

Booooo!  Stupid hobbits ruins it.

That's a civilized cop out.  I want a 20 page epic where two people (who essentially agree) argue until the internets weep.

No retreat, no quarter.

This the internets........land of shade and flame.  If thou cannot castith either, then thou is surely doomed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No point. When all someone wants is to point and say 'troll' it's usually projection. Not worth discussing things with those who do nothing but throw names and baseless accusations. These days it's a bit like Godwin's Law: you call troll, you lose by default.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ishi Tonu said:

Booooo!  Stupid hobbits ruins it.

That's a civilized cop out.  I want a 20 page epic where two people (who essentially agree) argue until the internets weep.

No retreat, no quarter.

This the internets........land of shade and flame.  If thou cannot castith either, then thou is surely doomed!

I believe that your desire to see people argue is fundamentally flawed and we shall now spend 20 pages arguing if conflict on the internet can ever truly be won or if it is in fact just a futile effort to prove your own relevance in a world that cares little about your own self imposed belief in your self worth.

 

Also we shall duel with swords that are curved. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Klawtu said:

I believe that your desire to see people argue is fundamentally flawed and we shall now spend 20 pages arguing if conflict on the internet can ever truly be won or if it is in fact just a futile effort to prove your own relevance in a world that cares little about your own self imposed belief in your self worth.

 

Also we shall duel with swords that are curved. :)

ooo, now we can argue about curved swords vs straight swords.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Waywardpaladin said:

ooo, now we can argue about curved swords vs straight swords.

See, I don't especially care about the whole curved vs straight thing, a curved blade has merits, as does a straight blade. The one thing that I've always wanted to see, however, and that history has seen fit to deny me, is a curved, double-edged blade. As far as I am aware, there are no instances of a curved blade being double-edged, as curved blades are curved for one of two reasons, and depending on which reason you are designing for you either have the edge on the inside of the curve (like the khopesh, kukri, and kopis designs that focus on choping, grabbing, trapping, and pushing) or you have the edge on the outside of the curve (like the scimitar and the curved katana designs that focus on slashing, slicing, and cutting), but you don't see any instances of a curved blade that has two edges, one on the inside and one on the outside (like the [example not found] that gets the best of both worlds!) and I find that highly disappointing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...