Jdonlan

How many items can an Investigator carry?

5 posts in this topic

Newbie here :wacko:

After playing months of Arkham Horror LCG, I finally bought MOM2.   Totally enjoying it.

But.... in the LCG you are limited to what you can carry and it presents choices that you have to make.    In MOM2 are there any limits to how much an investigator can carry?   I can't see anything suggesting that there is, but just want to make sure.

Thanks in advance :) 

The game doesn't apply a general rule, but  it does sometimes present special conditions for carrying items via scripted events or on the ruling of certain cards. For example, the newest expansion comes with a certain item that limits your ability to move. Likewise, some damage cards may limit how many items you can carry, or instruct you to drop an item.

Edited by Aelitafrommars

Thanks Aelitafrommers.  Confirms what I thought.  I am realizing  the games have similar play but different machanic.  Enjoying them both. 

np :)

I haven't played the card game yet, but MoM 2ed lends itself quite easily to light-hearted roleplay; especially the scenarios that are a bit on the easier side. So beyond the card/mythos specifics, one could for example -going into the role of your investigator - decide not to pick up the fire extinguisher because you just recently took the meat cleaver in hand from the kitchen. 

I've played both, but I WILL tell you that if you pick EVERYTHING up in each scenario (sometimes investigating every token even), you likely will not succeed at the scenario. Each scenario has a built in timer of sorts, and if you spend too much time not progressing and taking actions picking things up, you will run out of time. 

So be careful! There is a choice, it's just not obvious. It's sort of a 'how greedy can you be without consequences' choice.