Sign in to follow this  
Zrob314

App Play and character special missions

Well, of course no one here knows the complete answer for IA but I'm wondering if you guys know of a precedent in the Descent App.

Does Descent have a system where the characters have a special reward they can earn (like Shen Yu's lightsaber for Diala).

Was that somehow incorporated into the app or is that just not a thing those characters can ever get?

1 hour ago, Zrob314 said:

Well, of course no one here knows the complete answer for IA but I'm wondering if you guys know of a precedent in the Descent App.

Does Descent have a system where the characters have a special reward they can earn (like Shen Yu's lightsaber for Diala).

Was that somehow incorporated into the app or is that just not a thing those characters can ever get?

There isn't something similar in Descent, so no there's nothin like that in the Descent app. It could be that this sort of thing could be incorporated into a side quest (a non-story arc quest) for the IA app, but at this point we don't know. 

-ryanjamal 

This is the beauty of the app based campaign. They can change the campaign missions depending on which heroes are chosen, choices made during the campaign etc. The physical game resorts to side missions and branching story missions for all of that. But the app can include Diala's lightsaber as a reward in the main campaign mission. Or even things like choose larger map tiles the more ranged heroes/weapons are chosen.

Doesn't really answer the op. But still exciting

I did have a random encounter in descent where a character was given a bonus xp pont for a certain choice. so no reason why the lightsaber or other bonus couldnt be given in this way.

Also it looked like allies would have a certain number of uses, meaning having more than one might not be bad. you would have to pick who comes on what mission, maybe of course all exciting!

Just because you can't play the original mission doesn't mean you won't be able to get the item. The app tracks which heroes you're using, for all we know these rewards could pop out of a crate or show up in the armory or be rewards for the random encounters that happen between missions. 

15 minutes ago, Tvboy said:

Just because you can't play the original mission doesn't mean you won't be able to get the item. The app tracks which heroes you're using, for all we know these rewards could pop out of a crate or show up in the armory or be rewards for the random encounters that happen between missions. 

Actually the descent app kind of does this, my group got some statue in a random encounter that does 2 automatic damage at the end of any dragons activation, the app remembers we have this and tells us to apply the damage any time we let it know a dragon's activation is finished.

We also got another artifact at one point that gave us a bonus I cannot remember and at some point in the campaign it just burnt up on us and we lost it. The app does great at adding in little random events and items.

2 hours ago, Swusn said:

Actually the descent app kind of does this, my group got some statue in a random encounter that does 2 automatic damage at the end of any dragons activation, the app remembers we have this and tells us to apply the damage any time we let it know a dragon's activation is finished.

We also got another artifact at one point that gave us a bonus I cannot remember and at some point in the campaign it just burnt up on us and we lost it. The app does great at adding in little random events and items.

My favorite was the magical coin bag we found that would periodically just generate gold for our heroes.