Sign in to follow this  
NoShieldsAllGuts

yes, Harpooned! does that

1 minute ago, ScummyRebel said:

It doesn't say hit with a crit on harpooned. It says if there is an uncanceled crit. Happens at the same time as the "did.the attack hit" 

But with TLT you cancel the Crit do you not?

1 hour ago, Hooba Jooba said:

Can you explain? The dice are cancelled after the roll so you're not hit with a Crit

If the defending player has initiative, the uncanceled crit occurs first, triggering the condition. Then the attacker cancels TLT and deals 1 damage.

It only comes down to initiative if the player whose ship has the Harpooned! condition is the "owner" of its effects, which I think is right. However, if the player whose attack applied the condition owns the effects, then it's not initiative, it's that player's choice regarding the order in which to resolve the effects of the condition and the text on TLT. 

2 hours ago, Innese said:

I keep having to explain to people how TLT can trigger the condition...

This is TRUE no matter who has initiative.  Harpooned! says that if an attack hits with an uncanceled <crit> result (which occurs during the 'compare results' step) then it triggers.  TLT has to determine if the attack hits first before it cancels all results.

Basically, TLT does trigger it because it does no cancel the critical result until AFTER the compare results step (which is when Harpooned! looks for its trigger condition)

They're both in the same window, I think @KommanderKeldoth. Both Twin Laser Turret and the Harpooned! condition have similar "if this attack hits..." text. That's why the order in which the effects are resolved matters. The order of resolution is determined by initiative if the effects are owned by different players, and by player choice if owned by the same player.

Edited by Incard

Other weapons besides Twin Laser Turret will also have a chance to trigger the Harpooned! condition: Ion Cannon, Ion Cannon Turret, Ion Pulse Missiles, Flechette Cannon, Jamming Beam, Tractor Beam, XX-23 S-Thread Tracers.

Edited by Incard

Condition cards belong to whoever assigned them. From the condition card reference card: “If one of your unique Conditions is already in play and one of your effects calls for it to be assigned again, remove the Condition card from the original ship and assign it to the new ship.”

If it belonged to the player whose ship it was on you’d be able to assign multiple ISYTDS conditions to your opponent. 

10 minutes ago, GrogEgrog said:

Condition cards belong to whoever assigned them. From the condition card reference card: “If one of your unique Conditions is already in play and one of your effects calls for it to be assigned again, remove the Condition card from the original ship and assign it to the new ship.”

You might own the condition, but it's controlled by your opponent. Each of them is worded as though they're talking to the defender (ie. "When you are hit by an attack") and the Action on Harpooned! is only usable by the player who owns the ship it is assigned to.

7 hours ago, kingofpain97 said:

I have been playing harpooned missiles wrong then in regards to tlt.  Is there a place in the rules that points to it being this way before the results are cancelled?

I don't believe we have a specific rule in writing, but the higher up floor judges at the bigger events have determined this for now. They are simultaneous effects (at the "did the attack hit" step) and the precedent has been in event of simultaneous effects the initiative one goes first. 

49 minutes ago, BlodVargarna said:

When you are explaining the harpoon missile rules to your opponent, do you also tell them how you are not a good person for bringing a list with harpoon missiles, or is that just fairly obvious?

No, I explain to them how they are not good persons to be unprepared to the current meta. :P