dietz057

Twin Troopers Podcast: Greedo

Great job guys, that was a fun listen!

A command card I don't think I heard mentioned was In the Shadows. It's one point and you have to play it at the start of the round (a benefit and a drawback) , but you can't be seen if you're 4 or more spaces away. So with Greedo you can shoot anyone with impunity for the whole round. And if you're on an objective they have to get close enough that you'll probably be able to parting shot someone. If you have Jabba to order hit and/or another unit to change of plans with you can get off 3 attacks with Greedo free of his drawback. It is smuggler/hunter so you can play it with many scum figures and it even comes in Greedo's pack. I don't see it much and it's a "fun" surprise for your opponent so I wanted to give it a highlight here. 

One other thought is that slow on the draw can be an asset in some cases. You can force or trick a powered up figure to shoot at a wounded Greedo and waste their focus/hidden shooting at a suboptimal target. Not always the best play, but it's worth keeping in mind. 

Thanks and keep up the excellent content! 

GIA 

Edited by Matsu Robun

I love your initial reaction to his card. When Jabba's Realm and the corresponding packs wave came out, I totally thought Greedo was crap. I then constantly was proven wrong time and time again when a focused Greedo would wreak havoc. I would constantly be fighting with whether it was worth attacking a focused Greedo (or just Greedo in general) on the off chance I'd kill him haha. "I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO MAKE THAT DECISION, I'M THE ONE ON THE OFFENSIVE HERE" is what I'd be screaming in my head.

My respect for the Rodian has obviously increased since then. I am always disappointed when I can't fit him in my merc lists (or Imp lists for that matter haha), but with Hunter and Smuggler cards as you mentioned, he can hit sooooo hard!

Solid review guys, always enjoy listening!

6 hours ago, wannabepudge said:

I love your initial reaction to his card. When Jabba's Realm and the corresponding packs wave came out, I totally thought Greedo was crap.

Lol, I did too. Slow on the Draw really put me off, and I couldn't quite place where he fit (because the answer is everywhere). Boy were we wrong ?

-ryanjamal 

You guys are talking about using him to hold the terminal, but usually I have a different unit more suited to holding terminals. My favorite use for him is to send him out to an objective and dare the opponent to kill him off of it. Since the objectives are worth 2-4 points, you will either get your points worth of him out of objectives or force the opponent to waste valuable attacks on a 4-point figure who will still get to shoot back.

Also, I really miss using him on the ISB headquarters cameras mission

3 hours ago, ThatJakeGuy said:

You guys are talking about using him to hold the terminal, but usually I have a different unit more suited to holding terminals. My favorite use for him is to send him out to an objective and dare the opponent to kill him off of it. Since the objectives are worth 2-4 points, you will either get your points worth of him out of objectives or force the opponent to waste valuable attacks on a 4-point figure who will still get to shoot back.

Also, I really miss using him on the ISB headquarters cameras mission

Agreed. He's way deeper than that. I also use him as my guy to take out annoying units (like companions) or melee attackers that can't shoot you. However, you can also position him around a corner real nice and have the "slow on the draw" shot not be in line of sight. So, they can't shoot you, but you can shoot them. I really feel that he's absolutely the best 4pt figure in the game. 

I'd vote for him for President, but somehow I think he would not win the electoral college. That and I'm Canadian. :D

57 minutes ago, Fightwookies said:

Objectives are where he shines, imo. When the situation allows, it’s fun to send him deep in to enemy territory and contest the opponent’s terminal. You can prevent the card draw for the opponent and/or parting shot a key support figure. 

Another great use confirming GIA. 

1 hour ago, Fightwookies said:

Objectives are where he shines, imo. When the situation allows, it’s fun to send him deep in to enemy territory and contest the opponent’s terminal. You can prevent the card draw for the opponent and/or parting shot a key support figure. 

On anchorhead cantina I loved running him from the bottom deployment up to the far terminal near the end of the round to secure that one or contest it and then wreak havoc :)

1 hour ago, Masterchiefspiff said:

On anchorhead cantina I loved running him from the bottom deployment up to the far terminal near the end of the round to secure that one or contest it and then wreak havoc :)

Especially when he's foccused. I also found that trick worked in Nal Hutta Swamps  "Shielded". I send him right up the middle to contest (or score 4 pts). If he scores 4 pts, he's basically paid for himself. :P