hulldown

High-Res English Profundity and Chimaera Previews

7 minutes ago, hulldown said:

The more I look at this art the more I'm convinced it's got to be Captain Brunson. 

• Everything else in the pack has appeared in Rebels.
  • Art appears to match her representation in the show.
  • Background of the art has they exact same white/purple control panel as from the screenshot.
  • Her rule has something to do with obstacles and Captain Brunson attempted to kill the Rebel crew by "trapping the rebels in an underground cavern in an attempt to bury them alive."

brunson.png.56c2a35a0bf9f50116f396a375894e86.png

That's some worthy sleuthing.

I can get on board with that.

7 hours ago, Green Knight said:

Also, it will have some serious implications for any Sloane-based fleet.

Thinking about this, and while I agree that there will be implications, I don't think it's a huge nerfening to Sloane.

This will be hard for slower squadrons to deal with, especially those with single-die battery armaments, but Sloane's squadrons are generally fast enough to reposition in response to the obstruction-shield.  Certainly it will have positioning implications when used well--I'm specifically thinking about how I can force Sloane squadrons into overlapping flak if they want to pile on those tasty shots on my AF2 or Arquitens.  That will actually give post-nerf Rhymer a new lease on life:  he already helps quite a lot with loosening this kind of positioning constraint, and if these become a commonplace issue that squadrons have to deal with, I could definitely see Rhymer coming back with a vengeance to try and combat it.

How intriguing.

Of course, this is all predicated on a guess, so... no need to get too far down the rabbit hole before real spoilers hit. :)

She LOOKS like Rae Sloane as well, and Rae Sloane was a captain for awhile.   But it would feel weird for them to use that particular rank, since I think she's better known for her time as a Grand Admiral. 

Sloane has brown eyes.  Brunson's are purple, which would fit the card.

Also, Jyn's card mentions "raid tokens."  Anyone else think the Gauntlet (with it's boarding-like icon) could also use "raid tokens?"

Edited by The Jabbawookie
Had a new thought, didn't want to clog up the thread with too many of my rambling posts in a row.

3 hours ago, The Jabbawookie said:

Sloane has brown eyes.  Brunson's are purple, which would fit the card.

Also, Jyn's card mentions "raid tokens."  Anyone else think the Gauntlet (with it's boarding-like icon) could also use "raid tokens?"

Would make sense, since now we also definitely know it’s a new keyword

1 hour ago, Visovics said:

Would make sense, since now we also definitely know it’s a new keyword

Which is interesting, especially as Bail also mentions something like a token, because the pictures do not include any new tokens. Then again, they don't show the objective or victory tokens either. . .

:ph34r:

A friend sent me an article from a French Miniatures magazine about the wave 7... with confusing information:

- Kuat and Cymoon 1 base cost: 112pts

- Grand Amiral Thrawn (32pts): will increase command values of enemy ships

- Gar Saxon (23pts): when an enemy squadron with Intel or Strategic activates at distance 1, he got 1 dmg. Speed 4, Hull 7, Rogue, "Assault"

- Vador (boarding): remove an upgrade card from enemy ship

- Chimaera: title allowing to use Fleet Commands

- Fleet Commands will be shared with the existing ones, so all accessible for both Rebels and Imperials

- Intensifies forward fire: change the face of a die to a hit.

- MC75 Armored 104 pts, Artillery 100 pts. Hull 9, balance firepower from all arcs, faster and more agile than MC80

- Raddus (26pts): deploy 1 ship in reserve at distance 1 from an allied ship

- Profundity: "jettison" a ship from another (and from reserve) and possibility to transfer an Officer and an Admiral on it

- Strategical advisor: exhaust to pass your turn

- Caitken/Shollan: reroll all or part of your die (of one color)

I don't know if this source is reliable or not, but this is what is written (no cards pictures, only text in French) in the magazine. My surprise is Thrawn effect.

Let's see :D 

1 hour ago, Ritalbringer said:

I don't know if this source is reliable or not, but this is what is written (no cards pictures, only text in French) in the magazine. My surprise is Thrawn effect.

Let's see :D 

That's a lot of very interesting info, if correct.

I assume that the Thrawn card was just lost in translation or missing understood, though, since we have the card designer here on the forums.

3 hours ago, ManInTheBox said:

That's a lot of very interesting info, if correct.

I assume that the Thrawn card was just lost in translation or missing understood, though, since we have the card designer here on the forums.

If you needed another evidence Thrawn card being wrong: Who would provide those extra dials? Your opponent? You? What if you dont have that many extra dials?

On 20/11/2017 at 7:22 AM, Ardaedhel said:

Early Warning ... kind of looks like you can choose a hull zone and it's treated as obstructed while defending for that round... against ships and squadrons. Now that is an interesting squadron defense Def Retrofit if that's so.

Go my firesprays! Don't care about their red lights and warning noises. 

On 20/11/2017 at 11:08 AM, Green Knight said:

Tua-Instigator with Early Warning:

Lock down those squadrons and laugh as they shoot into you protected arc. Then blast them with fletchettes for lols.

Ok, so maybe not the most cost-effective gambit, but you know you want to :D

Lol. If I did this I wouldn't shoot with the raider. I would let Rudor do that bwahahaha!!