hulldown

High-Res English Profundity and Chimaera Previews

Just now, Green Knight said:

Why is speed 2 "likely"?

Speed 2 w/o support team = a dud ship, no?

Only because the dial is set to 2.  That is no guarentee based on past spreads but it is all we have to go on.  Plus all we saw of it in Rogue One was it Hyperspace in and essentially sit still.

Possibly a dud yeah but with Raddus or some other upgrade it could counter that poor manuverabilty somehow.

1 minute ago, Thrindal said:

Only because the dial is set to 2.  That is no guarentee based on past spreads but it is all we have to go on.  Plus all we saw of it in Rogue One was it Hyperspace in and essentially sit still.

Possibly a dud yeah but with Raddus or some other upgrade it could counter that poor manuverabilty somehow.

I guess it could be so.

But it looks very much like a ship that wants to get in some good positioning to use those nice double arcs (because its very weak in individual arcs). So if it's speed 2 that's gonna be tough.

10 minutes ago, Green Knight said:

WHAT!???

Back in the day Gilad Pellaeon was boss on the Chimaera!?

Yep.  Looks like he's been replaced in the changeover from Legends to Canon.

Of course, the first Thrawn book in this new "series" is mostly a prequel, and only has information up to Thrawn becoming a Grand Admiral.  (Almost immediately before his showing up on Star Wars: Rebels) -    There is still room for Pellaeon to take over, but I honestly think now, that he's been replaced with a Female Counterpart...  Since, most of his "Legends" side of things has been timeline-invalidated somewhat...  Not completely, but somewhat...  

Which honestly, is to be expected...  Just because Thrawn himself was re-canonised, does not mean everything to do with him was...   

Captain Faro may indeed be our surrogate Pellaeon, and we will have to get used to it, or continue hating it, as we see fit.   (I'm in the used to it camp, because I prefer the concept of considered stories rather than haphazard legends... :) )

Edited by Drasnighta

35 minutes ago, Undeadguy said:

You guys notice the text on Early Warning System in both pictures is inconsistent? And the shift in the ISD front and rear armaments?

And the MC-75's side shield dial is set above its max.

6 hours ago, xanderf said:

At the start of the
Phase, you--------------
your hull zone--------
with a cha--------------
end of the------------
ship or squadron-----
that hull zone-------
obstructed----------
Phase------
ch-----

Following this template, wherein green is educated guessing and blue is full blown conjecture, the Chimera version reads:

At the start of the Ship
Phase, you may select
1 of your hull zones
mark it with-------
Until the end of the round,
while a ship or squadron is
attacking that hull zone, the
attack is obstructed. During
the Status Phase, sacrifice
that chagrin token to summon Exodia.

Edited by svelok

I also noticed nothing to indicate Turbolasers on the MC-75.  Based on included upgrade cards best guess is...

• Officer
  • Weapons Team
  • Offensive Retrofit
  • Ion-Cannons (Heavy Ion Emplacements)

Now the card "Wide-Area......" Could be Turbolaser and the spread doesn't have to include any cards to have the upgrade slot available.  Ordnance is also possible with that front arc.  Maybe one version has Turbolaser and the other Ordanance?

3 minutes ago, svelok said:

And the MC-75's side shield dial is set above its max.

Following this template, wherein green is educated guessing and blue is full blown conjecture, the Chimera version reads:

At the start of the Ship
Phase, you may select
1 of your hull zones
mark it with-------
Until the end of the round,
while a ship or squadron is
attacking that hull zone, the
attack is obstructed. During
the Status Phase, sacrifice
that chagrin token to summon Exodia.

Ahh, the "Heart of the Cards" maneuver... Well played sir!

10 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

Yep.  Looks like he's been replaced in the changeover from Legends to Canon.

Of course, the first Thrawn book in this new "series" is mostly a prequel, and only has information up to Thrawn becoming a Grand Admiral.  (Almost immediately before his showing up on Star Wars: Rebels) -    There is still room for Pellaeon to take over, but I honestly think now, that he's been replaced with a Female Counterpart...  Since, most of his "Legends" side of things has been timeline-invalidated somewhat...  Not completely, but somewhat...  

Which honestly, is to be expected...  Just because Thrawn himself was re-canonised, does not mean everything to do with him was...   

Captain Faro may indeed be our surrogate Pellaeon, and we will have to get used to it, or continue hating it, as we see fit.   (I'm in the used to it camp, because I prefer the concept of considered stories rather than haphazard legends... :) )

@GiledPallaeon You don't exist anymore. So sad.

13 minutes ago, Green Knight said:

I guess it could be so.

But it looks very much like a ship that wants to get in some good positioning to use those nice double arcs (because its very weak in individual arcs). So if it's speed 2 that's gonna be tough.

True but assume an Ordanance slot you could use Expanded Launchers and Akbar and the ship becomes almost unapproachable with ships, with the Weapons Team slot, add in Gunnery team and you have a pretty potent ship.  If you can play Leading Shots too...

4 minutes ago, Thrindal said:

True but assume an Ordanance slot you could use Expanded Launchers and Akbar and the ship becomes almost unapproachable with ships, with the Weapons Team slot, add in Gunnery team and you have a pretty potent ship.  If you can play Leading Shots too...

Sooooooo you're paying 38 points for Ackbar and 13 points for EL and you can't even use them both in the same round? I don't understand the hype for MC75 with Ackbar. MC80 is still the superior ship for him.

MC75 and Sato are a much better combination because you get all the black dice.

30 minutes ago, Green Knight said:

Why Captain "Faro"? Who is that?

Why discard? There is nothing in the image that confirms this? Might as well say exhaust? Or tear up the card?

Idk. First thing I saw when I read it. Seems a good a guess as any. 

1 minute ago, Undeadguy said:

Sooooooo you're paying 38 points for Ackbar and 13 points for EL and you can't even use them both in the same round? I don't understand the hype for MC75 with Ackbar. MC80 is still the superior ship for him.

I didn't say it would be cheap, or ultimately practical.  But I do think if it can consistently get close EL finally becomes viable dispite its cost.

24 minutes ago, Thrindal said:

I also noticed nothing to indicate Turbolasers on the MC-75.  Based on included upgrade cards best guess is...

• Officer
  • Weapons Team
  • Offensive Retrofit
  • Ion-Cannons (Heavy Ion Emplacements)

Now the card "Wide-Area......" Could be Turbolaser and the spread doesn't have to include any cards to have the upgrade slot available.  Ordnance is also possible with that front arc.  Maybe one version has Turbolaser and the other Ordanance?

Officer

Weapons Team 

Offensive Retrofit

Defensive Retrofit

Heavy Ion Emplacements doesn’t have to be an Ion slot. It could reasonably offensive retrofit if it is an anti-squadron card. 

12 minutes ago, Undeadguy said:

It works for Ackbar as the lead in a conga line. Otherwise the MC80a and MC80c are more optimized. 

37 minutes ago, Green Knight said:

I guess it could be so.

If the maneuvers available at least match Home One, it’ll be fine even at speed 2. I would be surprised if it goes Speed 3. It would almost feel too good. 

12 hours ago, Kalic89 said:

Is it possible for it to be Hyper Mater Reactor. The picture looks a bit like it could be a power generator of some kind

Nope...Definitely an H and an A, and the third letter could be any of the following: B P R, and maybe D.

a Y just doesn't have the shape.

2 hours ago, Green Knight said:

@GiledPallaeon You don't exist anymore. So sad.

I'm already replaced as the Imp with sense at Endor. The fact that the Empire no longer allows honorable/sensible human officers I will now headcanon to mean I defected after the end of the Clone Wars, so there. (Hopefully they didn't give me Alliance or Liberty.)

2 minutes ago, GiledPallaeon said:

I'm already replaced as the Imp with sense at Endor. The fact that the Empire no longer allows honorable/sensible human officers I will now headcanon to mean I defected after the end of the Clone Wars, so there. (Hopefully they didn't give me Alliance or Liberty.)

It just means you've achieved Legends status.

Just now, Megatronrex said:

It just means you've achieved Legends status.

Does that rank above or below "pillar of the community"?

Im not going to write off Ackbar 75s just yet, especially if they get Speed 3. The broadside battery we can see is nothing to sneeze at, and that front arc is how you tell blockers sub-VSD size/weight where to shove it, and that's worth a lot. I wouldn't take EL, but maybe ER or APT? God forbid I get both.

1 minute ago, GiledPallaeon said:

Im not going to write off Ackbar 75s just yet, especially if they get Speed 3. The broadside battery we can see is nothing to sneeze at, and that front arc is how you tell blockers sub-VSD size/weight where to shove it, and that's worth a lot. I wouldn't take EL, but maybe ER or APT? God forbid I get both.

Double Ordnance all the way. ER+EL+CF+Sato for 10 black dice in a single attack. 

10 minutes ago, GiledPallaeon said:

Does that rank above or below "pillar of the community"?

7 minutes ago, Undeadguy said:

Double Ordnance all the way. ER+EL+CF+Sato for 10 black dice in a single attack. 

I think Ackbar will like the MC75 but Sato is gonna LOVE that b****.

The more I look at this art the more I'm convinced it's got to be Captain Brunson. 

• Everything else in the pack has appeared in Rebels.
  • Art appears to match her representation in the show.
  • Background of the art has they exact same white/purple control panel as from the screenshot.
  • Her rule has something to do with obstacles and Captain Brunson attempted to kill the Rebel crew by "trapping the rebels in an underground cavern in an attempt to bury them alive."

brunson.png.56c2a35a0bf9f50116f396a375894e86.png

6 minutes ago, hulldown said:

The more I look at this art the more I'm convinced it's got to be Captain Brunson. 

• Everything else in the pack has appeared in Rebels.
  • Art appears to match her representation in the show.
  • Background of the art has they exact same white/purple control panel as from the screenshot.
  • Her rule has something to do with obstacles and Captain Brunson attempted to kill the Rebel crew by "trapping the rebels in an underground cavern in an attempt to bury them alive."

brunson.png.56c2a35a0bf9f50116f396a375894e86.png

I agree based on her badge she has on. It matches her card.