hulldown

High-Res English Profundity and Chimaera Previews

6 minutes ago, xero989 said:

If it effects squadrons it will be interesting, but at most it will delay when squdrons get to bomb your ship, and will protect vunruble areas of your ship most squadrons will be able to repossession and take the shots they want, but it will still be very good against squdrons.

Well, it says "ship or squ", so whatever it does, it affects both.

One of the greatest values of squadrons is their ability to easily pivot attacks to your weakest hull zone. If you can deny or very dramatically weaken attacks against that hull zone, you've taken that advantage away. Add to that the tactical possibilities for large ships like the ISD with that big huge front arc that might be able to position to physically block shots to anything but that arc, and you've got a potentially very interesting upgrade that's powerful enough to meaningfully defend against squadrons but has enough drawback to keep the price within reach.

1 hour ago, Drasnighta said:

That's got the potential to be a game changer, if that's the case.

No doubt, mind is turning around thinking of all the possibilities, there.

That would...really improve the game as an option.  It can't be only that, though, given the wording.

How it is looking, with some obvious 'best guesses' included in green...

At the start of the
Phase, you--------------
your hull zone--------
with a cha--------------
end of the------------
ship or squadron-----
that hull zone-------
obstructed----------
Phase------
ch-----

that wave looks soooo promising, really cant wait for it. regrettable that it wont be here for regionals, I guess (speaking of regionals, another week of waiting starts to get word for International).

also, the Profundity asks for the same color scheme as my Home One. 

2 hours ago, xanderf said:

No doubt, mind is turning around thinking of all the possibilities, there.

That would...really improve the game as an option.  It can't be only that, though, given the wording.

How it is looking, with some obvious 'best guesses' included in green...

At the start of the
Phase, you--------------
your hull zone--------
with a cha--------------
end of the------------
ship or squadron-----
that hull zone-------
obstructed----------
Phase------
ch-----

I'm not great with this whole guessing wording thing, but it could look like:

At the start of the Ship
Phase, you make choose one of
your hull zones and mark it
with a cha---- token. Until the
end of the round, while a
ship or squadron is attacking
that hull zone, treat the attack as
obstructed. At the end of the Ship
Phase, remove the
ch---- token.

Man, if this is the case, I finally have a go-to defensive retrofit for my MC30's. Landmonition would be even more unstoppable with something like this. Even an XI7 ISD2 would be unlikely to get the one-shot through that without a CF... And for squadron defense... Hoo man, I'm hopeful here.

Edited by Ardaedhel

1 hour ago, Ardaedhel said:

At the start of the Ship
Phase, remove the
ch---- token.

Man, if this is the case, I finally have a go-to defensive retrofit for my MC30's. Landmonition would be even more unstoppable with something like this. Even an XI7 ISD2 would be unlikely to get the one-shot through that without a CF... And for squadron defense... Hoo man, I'm hopeful here.

Tua-Instigator with Early Warning:

Lock down those squadrons and laugh as they shoot into you protected arc. Then blast them with fletchettes for lols.

Ok, so maybe not the most cost-effective gambit, but you know you want to :D

Edited by Green Knight

14 minutes ago, Green Knight said:

Tua-Instigator with Early Warning:

Lock down those squadrons and laugh as they shoot into you protected arc. Then blast them with fletchettes for lols.

Ok, so maybe not the most cost-effective gambit, but you know you want to :D

.... I never knew how beautiful life was until this moment.

1 hour ago, Ardaedhel said:

At the start of the Ship
Phase, remove the
ch---- token.

Also, it will have some serious implications for any Sloane-based fleet.

5 hours ago, Ardaedhel said:

That would actually be an admirably-designed soft counter to Yavaris, come to think of it. Also something of a force multiplier for light squadron screens.

The more I think about such an upgrade, the more I really really like it and hope that's what it does.

Yeah, big nerf to Yavaris FCT / B-Wings. They don't have the speed to jump hullzones on large ships easily. Especially the MC80, moving perpendicular to the swarm and with its big side arcs.

19 minutes ago, svelok said:

Yeah, big nerf to Yavaris FCT / B-Wings. They don't have the speed to jump hullzones on large ships easily. Especially the MC80, moving perpendicular to the swarm and with its big side arcs.

Yavaris Bees would still hit with 1 black BCC x2.

Not bad, but not as silly as 1 black + 1 blue BCC + Toryn x2.

31 minutes ago, svelok said:

You only have one FCT with Bwings! 

The two unique officer cards "Taskmaster Grint" and "Bail Organa" seem to be of a similar kind. They begin with:

"After deploy(ing fleets)..." then "choose ... command" (Grint) or "place ... on that card" (Bail) and then follows something with "command" and/or "matching command token".

I could imagine, they are lower power versions of "Grand Admiral Thrawn". You place Command Tokens at the cards and can use them for your ship when time comes.

"Instructor Goran" and "General Draven" both have squadron keywords at their cards. I think Draven will give +1 die against a certain type of squadrons (Intel and maybe Rogue?), while Goran seems to give Counter +1 for heavy squadrons in a certain distance. The latter seems to be useful to protect your TIE Bombers. But the former would be a gamble, because you never know which squadrons you will face...)

You guys notice the text on Early Warning System in both pictures is inconsistent? And the shift in the ISD front and rear armaments?

Looks like Captain Faro let's you discard her during the Spend Defense token step when you're at distance X of an obstacle. 

Thanks for posting this, at least its something.

For the Profundity, same tokens as an Interdictor, likely speed 2 with no indication yet on if it can equip Engine Techs (No Support Team in the spread).  Powerful dice though.  I think it will fill a role for sure, better than the interdictor but still hard to say without knowing upgrade slots for sure.  Possible Generic Title is interesting.  It would be cool if say any Large Base Mon-Cal ship can take the generic title, so a multi ship type title.  For imperials 3 ISD make perfect sense but for Rebels more than one of any of the large ships doesn't feel thematic.

23 minutes ago, Undeadguy said:

You guys notice the text on Early Warning System in both pictures is inconsistent? And the shift in the ISD front and rear armaments?

Looks like Captain Faro let's you discard her during the Spend Defense token step when you're at distance X of an obstacle. 

Why Captain "Faro"? Who is that?

Why discard? There is nothing in the image that confirms this? Might as well say exhaust? Or tear up the card?

Edited by Green Knight

1 minute ago, Green Knight said:

Why Captain "Faro"? Who is that?

Why discard? There is nothing in the image that confirms this? Might as well say exhaust? Or tear up the card?

Captain Faro is the Captain of the Chimaera.

Whereas Grand Admiral Thrawn is Commander of the 7th Fleet, with the Chimaera as his Flagship.

- Source, "Thrawn"

17 minutes ago, Thrindal said:

Thanks for posting this, at least its something.

For the Profundity, same tokens as an Interdictor, likely speed 2 with no indication yet on if it can equip Engine Techs (No Support Team in the spread).  Powerful dice though.  I think it will fill a role for sure, better than the interdictor but still hard to say without knowing upgrade slots for sure.  Possible Generic Title is interesting.  It would be cool if say any Large Base Mon-Cal ship can take the generic title, so a multi ship type title.  For imperials 3 ISD make perfect sense but for Rebels more than one of any of the large ships doesn't feel thematic.

Why is speed 2 "likely"?

Speed 2 w/o support team = a dud ship, no?