hulldown

High-Res English Profundity and Chimaera Previews

1 hour ago, Ginkapo said:

Heavy ion emplacements has a very promising picture...

Bail Organa looks like he counters the activation padding game/encourages high activations with at least 1 medium or large ship. 

Agreed. Being unique, I am completely confident that the Imps will get a comparable counterpart. Probably one side will get a guaranteed first activator and the other side a guaranteed last, once per game, or something along those lines. FFG knows that activation padding is a broadly-criticized component of the game and I am very confident that they wouldn't address it for only one side or the other.

If that conjecture is correct, I would expect the Imps to get the guaranteed last (so as not to break Demo or BTvenger) and Rebels to get the guaranteed first (so as not to break Defiance and Ackbar reds in general).

There will almost surely be some kind of drawback associated: only one attack, forced to declare it well ahead of time, forego your command dial, something like that.

3 hours ago, GrandAdmiralCrunch said:

Very nice! Where did you find them?

A store's website had them tucked away (not sure how early they let this slip so I don't want to mention which!).  Makes me curious if the stores might have a better clue when things are releasing...

1 hour ago, Ardaedhel said:

Agreed. Being unique, I am completely confident that the Imps will get a comparable counterpart. Probably one side will get a guaranteed first activator and the other side a guaranteed last, once per game, or something along those lines. FFG knows that activation padding is a broadly-criticized component of the game and I am very confident that they wouldn't address it for only one side or the other.

If that conjecture is correct, I would expect the Imps to get the guaranteed last (so as not to break Demo or BTvenger) and Rebels to get the guaranteed first (so as not to break Defiance and Ackbar reds in general).

There will almost surely be some kind of drawback associated: only one attack, forced to declare it well ahead of time, forego your command dial, something like that.

I think Pryce is probably the imp equivalent since she has the same medium and up restriction.  Probably has a slightly different faction flavor but accomplish the same goal. 

45 minutes ago, NeonKnight said:

Could be:

HAR

HAP

HAB

Doubtful

HAD

My guess is

HARD

or

HARRAS

No good HAP word or HAB

My hope is on "Hardened" something or another.  Maybe "Hardened Shields"?

Edited by hulldown

1 hour ago, Ardaedhel said:

It could be that the Empire won't get a specific card to do this, but new ships like the Cymoon ISD might end up influencing more double and even triple ISD lists, so maybe rebels are forced to do it and Imperials are encouraged to do it. 

1 hour ago, NeonKnight said:

Could be:

HAR

HAP

HAB

Doubtful

HAD

My guess is

HARD

or

HARRAS

No good HAP word or HAB

Is it possible for it to be Hyper Mater Reactor. The picture looks a bit like it could be a power generator of some kind

On 08/09/2017 at 1:27 AM, Kalic89 said:

If the Thrawn Novel is anything to go by the female captain will be Captain Faro, then Governor Pryce, Taskmaster Grint and Instructor Goran, mostly from Rebels and tied to Thrawn in someway (Faro is Captain of the Chimera, Pryce and Thrawn helped eachother to their respective positions, Grint im not sure about and Goran went to skystrike academy, a place Thrawn sent his adversaries in the imperial academy to). If there is another character itl be Eli Vanto who helped Thrawn become Grand Admiral, itl doubtfully be Krenic. 

I for one dont think we will get 2 commanders, I think its just a mistake but we certainly aint seen all the cards on offer in the pack

I posted this on a different page a while back. Basically everything I the Chimera ISD pack seems related to Thrawn so I am certain that the captain is captain Faro. What she does is as good a guess as anyone’s right now 

26 minutes ago, Kalic89 said:

I posted this on a different page a while back. Basically everything I the Chimera ISD pack seems related to Thrawn so I am certain that the captain is captain Faro. What she does is as good a guess as anyone’s right now 

It could possibly be Captain Brunson from Rebels. As the faces are quite similar.

Ghosts-of-Geonosis-Captain-Brunson-aka-N

Edit. Especially the eyebrows.

Edited by TallGiraffe

16 minutes ago, TallGiraffe said:

It could possibly be Captain Brunson from Rebels. As the faces are quite similar.

Completely forgot about her, maybe it is 

18 minutes ago, TallGiraffe said:

Given the Rebels theme of everything else in that pack I'm convinced.  Going to add the link for her to the first post as possibility.

Did we know about the mc75 variant names and dice config before?

So the armored cruiser is 3 blue two black front.

The mark II cruiser is three black two blue front. Cant see any other differences yet, might be in the upgrade slots.

13 minutes ago, Ardaedhel said:

Early Warning ... kind of looks like you can choose a hull zone and it's treated as obstructed while defending for that round... against ships and squadrons. Now that is an interesting squadron defense Def Retrofit if that's so.

That's got the potential to be a game changer, if that's the case.

2 minutes ago, Ardaedhel said:

Early Warning ... kind of looks like you can choose a hull zone and it's treated as obstructed while defending for that round... against ships and squadrons. Now that is an interesting squadron defense Def Retrofit if that's so.

I would say so it also by it's mere existance make big ships with large batterys more appealing, CR-90s become crapshoots at long range along with pretty much all other small ships.  If it effects squadrons it will be interesting, but at most it will delay when squdrons get to bomb your ship, and will protect vunruble areas of your ship most squadrons will be able to repossession and take the shots they want, but it will still be very good against squdrons.