DaveRob

Moralo Eval and IG88-B

I have been toying around with a list that I previously would have mostly considered casual, but after what I came up against repeatedly at a recent tournament, might be effective:

Moralo Eval - 51

Heavy Laser Cannon

IG-88D

Hotshot Co-pilot

Dengar

Anti-Pursuit Lasers

IG88-B - 48

Trick Shot

Fire-Control System

Tractor beam

Heavy Laser Cannon

IG-2000

Autothrusters

You should theoretically get a lot of damage through on your heavy laser cannon attacks (provided you can keep your target in arc), and more specifically you can target PS3 Scurrg missile carriers either with hot shot co-pilot for deadeye, or if they have TL you can tractor beam them onto a rock or out of arc (less likely but hey, sounds fun!). Thweek will have to just shadow your pilot skill. So that leads to the question... The list is 99 points, which means I could spend the remaining point on Inertial dampeners for IG88B, Rigged Cargo Chute on Moralo, a 1 point EPT on IG88B, or a 1 point initiative bid. What would you include or change out?

I reckon I would drop the HLC from IG-B for a Mangler and use the points for PtL instead of Trick Shot.  Then I would use Advanced Sensors instead of FCS. IG's love that PtL/AdvSen interaction, and using a HotCopped HLC makes the Mangler crit a sure thing.  If you can set up the shots. Personally, I won't fly the YV-666 without Burnout SLAM in the Illicit slot, which I think nets you two points for an Ion Bomb on the Aggressor.  If my early morning math is correct.

Seems fine.  I'm mostly just tweaking for preference.  First, I'd see if I couldn't fit Gunner onto Moralo, too.  Miss with an attack, IG-88 the Cannon shot, then do a primary.  Fully legal per FAQ 4.4.0.  As is, your list has the room if you swap Hotshot Copilot and the spare point.  HoCo is great against high-agility ships which rely on their focus tokens (and the lower-agility Poe), but my guess is you might get more damage with an extra primary weapon shot.  In today's meta, I think burst damage would be stronger than the ability to punch through against high-agility targets.

I feel like Anti-pursuit Lasers is probably something which could be cut.  Crack Shot on IG, and Burnout SLAM on Moralo?  That's kind of a personal preference thing, however.  If APL is working for you against the folks you play, it's all good.

Lastly, if you do stick with a 0-point Elite on IG, perhaps A Score to Settle would work well.  That'd make it easier for IG to evade, or keep a focus for defense, while still having huge offensive dice mods.  There's a risk, but it seems worth thinking about.

I really like Moralo, I love to see him get some love, so I'm a fan of this list. I think it is very potent, though I don't know if Anti-Pursuit Lasers are the strongest option. Maybe EU or Maneuvering Fins to help ensure arc?

I really can't fault the Agressor build. I agree that ASTS would probably be a stronger EPT.

Honestly, I think you have a VERY strong list on paper. The challenge will be ensuring you can get arc with 2 comparatively low PS ships.

definitely a lost I can get behind, I've been experimenting with Moralo/Bossk and IG-88B/Bossk so you've just taken half of each list and brought them together :)

I'd like to second the Ptl/Advanced Sensors combo on IG, its pretty brutal. I also like to run burnout SLAM on both IG and Moralo - Moralo for getting out of dodge when someone eventually gets in your blind spot, and IG for the fun of SLAMing into an s-loop to get behind someone (my extreme version of this also uses engine upgrade for even more crazy movement)

having just run double YV666 (slavers) in an epic game last night i would keep the Anti-pursuit lasers on Moralo if you can, i managed to strip Ryad's shield and stop her killing one of the slavers just through repeated bumping (admittedly she was boxed in by other ships but still....)

either way, looks like a fun list, so get  it on a table and let us know how it goes :) 

Personally I'd dump the APL and Dengar to get a Gunner on that YV-666. You want a Gunner on that YV-666.

A Score to Settle is a premium 0 point EPT. Lets you hit hard AND messes with your opponont's target priority. Radical.

I thought about using Gunner, but why not just have a primary attack that you want to miss and remove a focus token, and then an HLC attack with Dengar reroll and focus hopefully against a target that can't attack. I'm not sure what the real benefit would be?

Edit - Dengar has 2 benefits in mind - say I roll blank, hit, hit on my primary attack then I would be inclined to reroll 1 or both of those hits to reduce the chance of damage going through. Then when I want to get damage through obviously Dengar can do the opposite.

Edited by DaveRob

OK so maybe I have been looking at the interaction wrong and Gunner is better than Hotshot co-pilot:

If you have IG-88D, Gunner and Dengar onboard and your wingman is IG-88B, you attack with your primary and miss, then you can choose to use IG-88B ability and attack with HLC. With luck you get a decent hit with HLC, but Gunner would effectively still be available to use from your first, missed attack so you attack again with 3 dice and hopefully get another hit or 2 through? Or would your hit you scored with HLC cancel out the Gunner opportunity?

18 minutes ago, DaveRob said:

Or would your hit you scored with HLC cancel out the Gunner opportunity?

they covered this in the most recent FAQ - you get both gunner and IG88B from your miss :) 

Hmmm, in that case:

Moralo Eval - 51

Heavy Laser Cannon

IG-88D

Gunner

Dengar

Burnout Slam

IG88-B - 49

Crack Shot

Fire-Control System

Tractor beam

Heavy Laser Cannon

IG-2000

Autothrusters

I might still swap Crack Shot for A Score to Settle and put Inertial dampeners on IG88B. I'll give it a run and see if I can keep the enemy in arc!