arMedBeta

Non-Jedi, Droids, and Force Vergences

I am currently running an EotE game and I have two force sensitive characters, two, soon to be three, non Force sensitive characters, and a droid. My players are currently on Yavin 4 (salvaging from the remains of the Death Star) and I know Yavin 4 is the site of a dark side vergence. This led to an interesting question: how do each of the characters interact with force vergences (like the more vision-like ones)? Can droids even see their effects? What about non-jedi? Any understanding you can bring would really help me plan for our next couple sessions. 

This would probably be a matter of scaling. The Force-sensitive folk get the complete effect, the non-FS ones only catch a few glimpses (perhaps more frequent or more vivid if they get closer to the vergence), and the droid sees nothing at all.

this actually opens up a lot of opportunities as the players will percieve certain situations completely differently. for example, non-sensitives and droids can come to aid to the other PCs relying on their stronger traits when they are completely overwhelmed with the pressure of the force at the vergence.

I was going my team through a long-lost jedi temple once and they've stucked with a puzzle door for a while. before that they've passed a few tests and solved some puzzles which all more or less required them to tap on the force. so once again they've been trying to figure out all sorts of ways to open it using the force or relying on their knowledge of the histroy of the jedi order, etc. when everyone practicaly lost their hope to get through thinking they are just not good enough to "pass the test" of the temple,  until our droid PC has not simply opened the door pushing a simple hidden platform:)