Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
werdnaegni

Tabletop admiral overhaul, requesting input

20 posts in this topic

Hey there, I just overhauled (and am still overhauling) the Imperial Assault portion of Tabletop Admiral, my list builder.

Next up is Runewars, and then I'm going to get to work on Legion to be ready for its release.

I've got things to finish up for IA, but I figured I'd go ahead and start collecting community thoughts. If you want to check out the new version of the IA one, go HERE, and you can get an idea of the general plan for Runewars.

The games work a little differently, but I'm going to shoot for the same thing. A streamlined builder that only shows you what is relevant, and just has one page for all factions instead of separation. Gone will be the days of seeing EVERY possible card for your faction. You'll only see alternate faction cards if you add the relevant cards.

Aside from that, things like editing your saved lists, improved aesthetic,  and whatever you all request.

So please give me your wish list. I'll do everything I can.

And as always, if you appreciate the tool, please consider giving $1 or so per month on my PATREON

Thanks!

maxam, OzKillswitch, Jukey and 2 others like this

1.: good work, thank you

2.: please add obcasium gauntlet to the artifacts

3.: please remove all the non waiqar Units from the waiqar List until maru is chosen

DekoPuma, Zetan and Jukey like this

Great work and thanks for updating the list builder!

I'll echo hiding other army non-unique units until Maro is selected. It will only get more unwieldy over time if not. 

I'd love a save list feature. 

Also, when you bring in units from other armies, they cannot take army-unique upgrades from either side (found that out recently). 

Otherwise, the site is top-notch! Thanks again! 

Edited by JGrand
Zetan likes this

There are enough differences between Imperial Assault and Runewars that it's hard for me to imagine the layout for the latter. But I'm really liking the look of the Imperial Assault builder. I'm looking forward to the Runewars builder revamp!

I have an issue with mobile, I can't use the drop-down menu to go back to army selection screen.

Love the site, use it all the time, only minor Quality of Life fixes would make me super happy.

Inventory: 1. You add what expansions you have, it keeps track of what cards you have and won't let you use    what cards you don't have.

Keep up the good work!

maxam likes this

24 minutes ago, rebellightworks said:

I have an issue with mobile, I can't use the drop-down menu to go back to army selection screen

Can you elaborate on this? I'm not sure what you mean. Thanks!

Regarding not being able to go back, once I choose Imperial, the only way I can choose a different faction is to go to the top menu and hit "Imperial Assault List Builder". I don't think that's a problem, personally, but I think that's what rebellightworks was referring to.

Yours is hands down my favourite builder for RW (and for IA).

As for changes

- Love the white background, much cleaner than before.

- Same thing Malagrun mentioned - under Waiqar it would be better if the non-waiqar units did not appear until you pick Maro. Then there is a bug where if I select Maro, a non-waiqar unit and a waiqar unit, and I change my mind and want to remove the Waiqar unit and replace it with another one, it also deletes the non-waiqar unit taken via Maro. 

Parakitor likes this

Best builder for runewars by far!

I'd really like a copy/paste unit system if I were building a list with several identical units in it, though not too important. 

A hide button for the other factions on waiqar would be nice.

please please add obcasiums gauntlet!

keep up the great work!

On 12/1/2017 at 3:57 PM, dukncuver said:

I would love to get the Uthuk stuff updated.  Also donated on patreon!

I'll have to dig and find the images. I have an easier time with IA because people post those pretty regularly, but I'm sure I can find it.

Thanks for donating!

On 12/2/2017 at 8:02 AM, Jukey said:

Best builder for runewars by far!

I'd really like a copy/paste unit system if I were building a list with several identical units in it, though not too important. 

A hide button for the other factions on waiqar would be nice.

please please add obcasiums gauntlet!

Obcasiums Gauntlet is fixed now.

I will be making it so you don't see cards that aren't relevant to your list (unless you turn the feature off), so that should solve the issue of card overload when making a Waiqar list.

When you say copy paste, do you mean like a "duplicate unit" button?

Aetheriac and Jukey like this

28 minutes ago, werdnaegni said:

When you say copy paste, do you mean like a "duplicate unit" button?

Yeh that'd be really great, not a necessity but would be nice.

thanks again!

werdnaegni likes this

On 11/18/2017 at 9:59 AM, JGrand said:

Also, when you bring in units from other armies, they cannot take army-unique upgrades from either side (found that out recently). 

I just got back to looking through this thread to see what I'm missing in the new version.

I thought you weren't allowed to take faction specific upgrades from other factions, even if you have a unit from another faction?

Am I wrong?

7 minutes ago, werdnaegni said:

I just got back to looking through this thread to see what I'm missing in the new version.

I thought you weren't allowed to take faction specific upgrades from other factions, even if you have a unit from another faction?

Am I wrong?

You are correct (and I might have worded what I meant here in a confusing way). An example of what I mean: 

I take Maro and bring in a Aymhelin Scion. Under the current tabletop admiral, I cannot take something like Vicious Roots (which is correct--they cannot). However, tabletop admiral lets me put Deathmist Banner on that Scion, which is incorrect, because they cannot take those upgrades either. 

Basically--"allied" units cannot take faction-specific upgrades from either side. 

Thanks!