player3005633

[UPDATED 11/18] L5R Fiction Ebooks/PDF (including dynasty packs!)

So I took the time to add and type out (where applicable) all the fiction, in perceivable story order, and convert into PDF, EPUB and MOBI formats - mainly for myself to use on my ebook device, but also to share to put back into the great community.

I can also attach the PDF version, if requested.

Any formatting or text errors please let me know, I will keep these up to date/will update as new fiction additions come out.

Newest updates
Nov 18th - Added PDF version
Nov 17th - For Honor and Glory fiction update.

L5R_Fiction.epub

L5R_Fiction.mobi

L5R_Fiction.pdf (Sendspace due to filesize)

Edited by player3005633
11/18 Added PDF version

Hmm. I know how to do bookmarks for PDFs, never formatted the ebook formats. You don't happen to have Acrobat Pro (or free equivalent) do you? Editing the PDF directly is probably the easiest method to add the artwork while keeping the formatting. 

Little update here:-

Apologies for the slow updates, have had several things in real life that have come up - suffice to say, aiming to catch up with this project over the holiday season.

ichaos1985 and myself are starting work on getting the remainder of the fiction typed up, also we will be looking into creating chapter markers with the PDF/ebooks for easier browsing (now that the fiction library is quite HUGE).

I also want to get in the illustrations to the various digital versions we are looking at putting together - may even redraw each image in a vector format to ensure quality (especially coming from the scanned documents from the dynasty packs)

player3005633 here, have created a new account as this is the account name that I frequent Jigoku and community sites with, so would be nice to ideally keep all my L5R related musings together under the one identity.

Ichaos and myself are hard at work transcribing, pulling, pushing and tweaking everything from the latest dynasty pack fictions into a new document - including MUCH better formatting, spacing and typographic layout - we are also looking at inserting goto chapter features and *GASP* imagery within the PDF AND ebook versions of the collated stories.

Watch this space in the early new year - if not something possibly trickling out just before - although we want to ensure everything is right before putting things up.

Have a great holiday season guys.

Great work. If the artwork is implemented it will be a treasure!!! I look forward to reading some chapters and I ll try the epub version. Thanks!

Well, yes, we did upgrade the book quite a lot (up to the beginning of the last cycle). However, FFG prohibited us to use any of the official material (images, stories, quotes) and turn that into an ebook. That is why we eventually stopped working on it and never published it.

In addition, FFG started to publish their stories as an ebook themselves, so I do not really see any point in our work if they continue to do so with both their online and printed stories.  

Edited by ichaos1985

Well that is a real shame, having the stories available in epub format was really handy. I don't know why FFG shoot themselves in the foot like this. It would be fine if they kept the fiction anthology up to date, but that hasn't changed in over half a year. When players step in to help out they get a slap on the wrist. Very disappointing.

We wanted to go the official road, that's why we asked them in the first place if we are allowed to do it. We both did (and still do) not want to be hit with charges of copyright infringement. We would never have charged for our work and of course always given proper credit. But Asmodee Licensing said "no sirs, we cannot give permission". :(  That was a year ago, we could try again. :) 

Edited by ichaos1985