Sign in to follow this  
CerseisAdvocate

SW Battlefront 2 whats in it for X-Wing *SPOILERS*

3 minutes ago, Celestial Lizards said:

I'll try spinning! That's a good trick!

SAY IT RIGHT OR DONT SAY IT AT ALL

You’ll have to forgive me as I’ve largely erased the memory of that movie from my mind as best as humanly possible.

Except that lightsaber battle. That can stay.

....and maybe pod racing.

9 hours ago, FTS Gecko said:

Dammit @Captain Lackwit, spoilers much???!!

I know you're being sarcastic but it's getting to the point that I almost, almost want to spoil things out of sheer spite.

9 hours ago, Odanan said:

The Corvus and Iden were Imperials first. I hope FFG doesn't release a repainted Raider, but I wish Inferno Squad pilots (and TIE Fighter title?) show up in the game.

I mean. It's a little more than a paintjob.

Edited by Captain Lackwit

On 11/16/2017 at 7:44 AM, Hannes Solo said:

**** it! Its not like I actually want an imperial X-Wing, I only want revenge for what Sabine did to our TIE.

The difference is that the TIE Fighter is actually...you know...good.

Imperials getting an X-Wing in return?  Who comes out the loser in that trade?  Imperials, that's who!

11 hours ago, Captain Lackwit said:

These are very large spoilers for Star Wars Battlefront II 2's campaign and the characters within, viewer discretion is advised and you are not likely to benefit from viewing this spoiler if you want your content unspoiled in any way shape or form, please do not open this without accepting that it was you yourself who opened this.

estos son spoilers muy grandes para la campaña de Star Wars Battlefront II 2 y los personajes, la discreción del espectador es aconsejable y no es probable que se beneficie de ver este spoiler si quiere que su contenido no se vea afectado de ninguna forma, no lo abra. sin aceptar que fuiste tú quien abrió esto.

ce sont de très gros spoilers pour la campagne de Star Wars Battlefront II 2 et les personnages à l'intérieur, la discrétion du spectateur est conseillée et vous ne bénéficierez pas de voir ce spoiler si vous voulez que votre contenu soit préservé de quelque manière que ce soit. sans accepter que c'est toi qui a ouvert ça.

There. Three languages. Hopefully that makes it very clear that spoilers are ahead.

You know if you spent half the energy marking your actual spoilers that you do being an *** about marking spoilers, you wouldn't have this problem.

I know **** well you know the difference between spoiling Battlefront in a Battlefront thread and spoiling Battlefront in a thread that had nothing to do with Battlefront without telling people it was a Battlefront spoiler.  But you're being difficult JUST to be difficult at this point.  Battlefront.

1 hour ago, Captain Lackwit said:

I know you're being sarcastic but it's getting to the point that I almost, almost want to spoil things out of sheer spite.

Go for it.  That problem will solve itself real quick.

Edited by DarthEnderX

21 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

The difference is that the TIE Fighter is actually...you know...good.

Imperials getting an X-Wing in return?  Who comes out the loser in that trade?  Imperials, that's who!

You know if you spent half the energy marking your actual spoilers that you do being an *** about marking spoilers, you wouldn't have this problem.

I know **** well you know the difference between spoiling Battlefront in a Battlefront thread and spoiling Battlefront in a thread that had nothing to do with Battlefront without telling people it was a Battlefront spoiler.  But you're being difficult JUST to be difficult at this point.  Battlefront.

Go for it.  That problem will solve itself real quick.

I said almost want to. Not will or promise to. You know the weird part, I actually quite like and respect you but you seem to have a beef with me beyond this spoiler thing and I dunno man I don't 100% get it.

3 minutes ago, Captain Lackwit said:

You know the weird part, I actually quite like and respect you but you seem to have a beef with me beyond this spoiler thing and I dunno man I don't 100% get it.

I'm actually less annoyed that you did it and more annoyed that when entire forum was like "WTF man!" your response wasn't "Sorry, my bad" it was to dig in your heels and go "NO!  What I did was fine!  Everyone ELSE is wrong!"

Just now, DarthEnderX said:

I'm actually less annoyed that you did it and more annoyed that when entire forum was like "WTF man!" your response wasn't "Sorry, my bad" it was to dig in your heels and go "NO!  What I did was fine!  Everyone ELSE is wrong!"

I suppose that's a pretty fair reaction, but I stand by the concept that if I'd said outright that it was a Battlefront II 2 spoiler, people would immediately know. There was just barely any kind of right move to make here.

Just now, Captain Lackwit said:

I suppose that's a pretty fair reaction, but I stand by the concept that if I'd said outright that it was a Battlefront II 2 spoiler, people would immediately know. There was just barely any kind of right move to make here.

Sure, but now instead of letting it go, you're making huge long posts being a **** about it in other threads.

Girls, Girls, you're both prettybeing annoying about something unrelated to plastic spaceships.

Maybe instead of doing your nails, we can all just try and move on and go back to our regularly scheduled being annoying about the plastic space ships?

Shouldn't Imperial players complain about how all their stuff gets stolen some more?

6 minutes ago, UnitOmega said:

Girls, Girls, you're both prettybeing annoying about something unrelated to plastic spaceships.

Maybe instead of doing your nails, we can all just try and move on and go back to our regularly scheduled being annoying about the plastic space ships?

Shouldn't Imperial players complain about how all their stuff gets stolen some more?

We COULD complain about your derogatory and mysogonistic post?

8 hours ago, UnitOmega said:

Thanks for reminding me Punisher is out today.

-----

On the subject of "Disney forced EA to sort themselves out", I've actually been hearing a lot of stories from video game industry people that Developers (DICE in this case) are the ones with a vast majority of control over how monetization is implemented. They decide what the pricing schemes are, what you get for that money, how it relates to the rest of the game, etc. They're the ones who set the in-game costs for things, how the loot boxes can function and so on which made the game seem like "pay to win" or at least "pay to not be bored for hours". Publishers (EA) are often most resistant to the really dodgy monetization practices because they get all the public backlash. It's entirely possible facing a serious boycott or major public backlash before a game officially dropped made EA turn to DICE and say "we'll skip the extra money-making goals here, the game actually needs to sell first" and put the halt in while they figure out a better way to do the system (because you can do microtransactions without being **** - it just takes some work and experience. Overwatch is a great example. Never bought a single loot box, still super fun). 

On the other hand, Disney is also a company known for fast lockdowns of anything remotely resembling bad PR. They could easily have called EA and told them to resolve the situation sooner, rather than later, so as to not make a Star Wars IP product look bad. 

This really couldn't be further from the case with EA.  EA has mandated these kinds of boundary-pushing industry taboos for a decade (three decades off and on, really).  They forced games like Sim City and Need for Speed (2015) to be always online, and in the case of Sim City, lied about needing to do so for cloud computing assistance when there was none.  They have forged the 'games as a service' mantra trying to take away and sell back as much freedom from their customers as possible while still peddling as many licensed games as possible, closed countless studios after their products underperformed when placed under unreasonable expectations for the genre, forged exclusivity contracts with big licenses like the NFL, Porche, and now Star Wars, and now they're trying to turn gambling in games into a cash cow. 

Jason Schreier just wrote an incredibly detailed article about the closing of EA's Visceral Studios, and in it, they describe how EA wants Star Wars lootbox microtransactions to be the next FIFA Ultimate Team.  It's mandatory reading for anyone interested in Star Wars videogames.

Full Disclosure, I bought SWBF2 and I really enjoy the gameplay.  I won't be buying any lootboxes unless they remove the randomized element or make it aesthetics.  They haven't even released their aesthetic customization options, so that might just be what they're waiting for.

Edited by Arttemis

3 hours ago, Taylawlz said:

How about you don’t ruin things for other people man, you been posting for a while and all your stuff devolves into garbage.

this community was so good when it started with flying casual , but you just fly like an *******.

...I've been here since before Wave 3. Sounds like you've got some opinions on me with a grand total of nine posts to show.

20 hours ago, UnitOmega said:

Thanks for reminding me Punisher is out today.

-----

On the subject of "Disney forced EA to sort themselves out", I've actually been hearing a lot of stories from video game industry people that Developers (DICE in this case) are the ones with a vast majority of control over how monetization is implemented. They decide what the pricing schemes are, what you get for that money, how it relates to the rest of the game, etc. They're the ones who set the in-game costs for things, how the loot boxes can function and so on which made the game seem like "pay to win" or at least "pay to not be bored for hours". Publishers (EA) are often most resistant to the really dodgy monetization practices because they get all the public backlash. It's entirely possible facing a serious boycott or major public backlash before a game officially dropped made EA turn to DICE and say "we'll skip the extra money-making goals here, the game actually needs to sell first" and put the halt in while they figure out a better way to do the system (because you can do microtransactions without being **** - it just takes some work and experience. Overwatch is a great example. Never bought a single loot box, still super fun). 

On the other hand, Disney is also a company known for fast lockdowns of anything remotely resembling bad PR. They could easily have called EA and told them to resolve the situation sooner, rather than later, so as to not make a Star Wars IP product look bad. 

I'd say that's possible in a standard developer-publisher relationship, that's why for example Titanfall 2, only published by EA, has a microtransaction system that is much more fair, with "just cosmetics" and no random element.

But Battlefront is not only published by EA, it's made by EA's internal studio. You'd blame Ubisoft for monetization in one of the Ubisoft Montreal titles, no reason to have a different standard for EA/EA Stockholm.

6 hours ago, weisguy119 said:

What exactly is the problem here?  Is someone complaining about reading Battlefront 2 spoilers in a thread about Battlefront 2?

The whinging is about battlefront 2 spoilers in the Rebels thread ^_^

21 hours ago, Taylawlz said:

this community was so good when it started with flying casual , but you just fly like an *******.

I like how they actually make a * for each letter. 

I would like to buy an A. 
I take an S, L and H. 
Hmmm. I would like to solve … 

I just got done reading the inferno squad book, and now I'm starting to play battlefront.

with the book alone there's enough content for FFG to release partisan ships the Corvus and iden versio tie fighter.

im not sue I understand FFG's marketing structure. The Marketing/business owner in me just wants to shake FFG and be like dude get your act together. You should be tieing in You product when there's all this promotion and marketing going on.

Heck, if I ran the world I would have been calling EA and working with them to cross promote. There should be a coupon in the battle front box for a custom x wing card or ship or some other. Additional idens tie shoul be on sale now with some sort of game unlock code.

if EA won't play ball then reach out to GameStop I'm sure they would cross promote.

1 hour ago, Stew00m said:

I just got done reading the inferno squad book, and now I'm starting to play battlefront.

with the book alone there's enough content for FFG to release partisan ships the Corvus and iden versio tie fighter.

im not sue I understand FFG's marketing structure. The Marketing/business owner in me just wants to shake FFG and be like dude get your act together. You should be tieing in You product when there's all this promotion and marketing going on.

Heck, if I ran the world I would have been calling EA and working with them to cross promote. There should be a coupon in the battle front box for a custom x wing card or ship or some other. Additional idens tie shoul be on sale now with some sort of game unlock code.

if EA won't play ball then reach out to GameStop I'm sure they would cross promote.

Yes. Absolutly! They are just lazy or ignorant as **** at FFG when it comes to such things....