Sign in to follow this  
CerseisAdvocate

SW Battlefront 2 whats in it for X-Wing *SPOILERS*

20 hours ago, Zeoinx said:

If they take anything from EA, it will be microtransactions.... "Loot Box" Pay x amount of money, and get a possible item that can give you a extreme advantage over the other players. Or just end up wasting your money.

Right . . . You cannot purchase, with real money:

Characters / Weapons / Ships / Weapon Mods

What you can POTENTIALLY get with real money:

Emotes / Cards that offer a minute difference EARLIER than the other players, i.e your thermal grenade gains an additional 2 feet in blast radius or maybe your health regenerates 10% faster than someone else at the time. (Assuming you have it equipped). The kicker? Even if you have that card, if your level is too low, you can't even equip it. 

At the end of the day, you still need to kill 250 people with a certain weapon before you unlock the perks for it. Paid for or not, if you suck at the game, your credit limit won't save you. 

Back on topic:

The game has loads of upgrades that could be cards in X wing:

Afterburner
Tuned Lasers
Mag pulse Missiles
Advanced Concussion Missiles
Multi-Lock
Advanced Seismic Charges
System Jammer
System Tracker (?) (Ramps up the auto aim for Boba!)
Advanced Ion Cannon
Reinforced Hull
"Dual" versions of Proton and Concussions
Quad Laser configuration for X wings (Discard to double your attack value then receive a weapons disabled token maybe?)
Ferro-something plating (Poe's X wing has it, delays target locks and disrupts auto aim)

Then you have Inferno Squadron TIE Fighter. Phoenix / Roark / Stone Squadrons are mentioned. 

Pilots:
Snap in a T65
Shiv
Iden
Hask
Del
"Jedi" Luke

Also, I couldn't help but notice that some ship cards on large ships are strikingly familiar . . . 

Engine Upgrade
Tactical Jammer

Could maybe get some Inferno Squad pilots and a Corvus title for the raider.

Of course, obvious spoilers for obvious game ahead, that it's a spoiler button REALLY SHOULD BE ENOUGH.

A Rebel-Refit Corvus is NOT 100% unlikely, neither is a mod that allows a Raider to carry TIEs- that could just be the Corvus though. Iden, Del and Hask could easily be pilots (PS8 Iden, PS7 Hask, PS5-6 Del) but you'd definitely have to have TIE Fighter AND X-Wing cards. Here's the thing too, Iden's TIE was modified to carry torpedoes, so that'd be a title for herself. If we do get a Corvus pack, one should expect a Rebel Corvus with Iden's TIE. Nothing else.

Past that? Nobody. Maybe leia as a pilot I guess. By the way, if you don't want this, you're lying.

These are very large spoilers for Star Wars Battlefront II 2's campaign and the characters within, viewer discretion is advised and you are not likely to benefit from viewing this spoiler if you want your content unspoiled in any way shape or form, please do not open this without accepting that it was you yourself who opened this.

estos son spoilers muy grandes para la campaña de Star Wars Battlefront II 2 y los personajes, la discreción del espectador es aconsejable y no es probable que se beneficie de ver este spoiler si quiere que su contenido no se vea afectado de ninguna forma, no lo abra. sin aceptar que fuiste tú quien abrió esto.

ce sont de très gros spoilers pour la campagne de Star Wars Battlefront II 2 et les personnages à l'intérieur, la discrétion du spectateur est conseillée et vous ne bénéficierez pas de voir ce spoiler si vous voulez que votre contenu soit préservé de quelque manière que ce soit. sans accepter que c'est toi qui a ouvert ça.

There. Three languages. Hopefully that makes it very clear that spoilers are ahead.

dSkDqka.png0rkk0L7.png

Edited by Captain Lackwit

12 minutes ago, Hannes Solo said:

Does that thing have an alliance refit Paintjob or the yellow one that triggers my spinning-is-a-good-trick trauma?

12144275_946123932147840_36680092_n.jpg

They are rusty, but they are still yellow.

shattered_2.png

Edited by Odanan

31 minutes ago, Captain Lackwit said:

Could maybe get some Inferno Squad pilots and a Corvus title for the raider.

Of course, obvious spoilers for obvious game ahead, that it's a spoiler button REALLY SHOULD BE ENOUGH.

Reveal hidden contents

A Rebel-Refit Corvus is NOT 100% unlikely, neither is a mod that allows a Raider to carry TIEs- that could just be the Corvus though. Iden, Del and Hask could easily be pilots (PS8 Iden, PS7 Hask, PS5-6 Del) but you'd definitely have to have TIE Fighter AND X-Wing cards. Here's the thing too, Iden's TIE was modified to carry torpedoes, so that'd be a title for herself. If we do get a Corvus pack, one should expect a Rebel Corvus with Iden's TIE. Nothing else.

Past that? Nobody. Maybe leia as a pilot I guess. By the way, if you don't want this, you're lying.

These are very large spoilers for Star Wars Battlefront II 2's campaign and the characters within, viewer discretion is advised and you are not likely to benefit from viewing this spoiler if you want your content unspoiled in any way shape or form, please do not open this without accepting that it was you yourself who opened this.

estos son spoilers muy grandes para la campaña de Star Wars Battlefront II 2 y los personajes, la discreción del espectador es aconsejable y no es probable que se beneficie de ver este spoiler si quiere que su contenido no se vea afectado de ninguna forma, no lo abra. sin aceptar que fuiste tú quien abrió esto.

ce sont de très gros spoilers pour la campagne de Star Wars Battlefront II 2 et les personnages à l'intérieur, la discrétion du spectateur est conseillée et vous ne bénéficierez pas de voir ce spoiler si vous voulez que votre contenu soit préservé de quelque manière que ce soit. sans accepter que c'est toi qui a ouvert ça.

There. Three languages. Hopefully that makes it very clear that spoilers are ahead.

Reveal hidden contents

dSkDqka.png0rkk0L7.png

The Corvus and Iden were Imperials first. I hope FFG doesn't release a repainted Raider, but I wish Inferno Squad pilots (and TIE Fighter title?) show up in the game.

1 hour ago, FTS Gecko said:

Bleached Bone base, Devlan Mud wash, layer Bleached Bone/Skull White highlights, pick out cockpit and detail with Chaos Black and Gloss Varnish, ad Blood Red/Bad Moon Yellow detailing.

Done.

I can feel Duncan twitching in his GW blog right now . . . you didn't water down ya paints!!

On 11/16/2017 at 7:27 AM, Hannes Solo said:

So I have to buy a second Raider while I never played my first one yet?

Hey, that's on you.  It's a great ship.

On 11/16/2017 at 6:40 AM, Dwing said:

This beauty!

Title: Inferno Squadron Tie fighter. Imperial Tie fighter only. Your action bar gets a missile slot. 0 pts. 

That would be awesome!

Honestly I hope it is so bad that Disney will do to EA what GW did to FFG. Walk over to them and pull all their licenses and IPs. Star Wars would be in much better hands.

As for the good new (hesitant to call it good because the situation had to deteriorate to such awful levels that this more or less a travesty is considered a victory), this video sums up my opinion perfectly. A note first as it is from Jim Sterling. Caution, may contain mature language.

Apparently EA and Disney had a little chat.

Edited by Marinealver

26 minutes ago, SEApocalypse said:

Reveal hidden contents

I am so tempted to leave a Punisher spoiler here, but I know better than that. :P

Thanks for reminding me Punisher is out today.

-----

On the subject of "Disney forced EA to sort themselves out", I've actually been hearing a lot of stories from video game industry people that Developers (DICE in this case) are the ones with a vast majority of control over how monetization is implemented. They decide what the pricing schemes are, what you get for that money, how it relates to the rest of the game, etc. They're the ones who set the in-game costs for things, how the loot boxes can function and so on which made the game seem like "pay to win" or at least "pay to not be bored for hours". Publishers (EA) are often most resistant to the really dodgy monetization practices because they get all the public backlash. It's entirely possible facing a serious boycott or major public backlash before a game officially dropped made EA turn to DICE and say "we'll skip the extra money-making goals here, the game actually needs to sell first" and put the halt in while they figure out a better way to do the system (because you can do microtransactions without being **** - it just takes some work and experience. Overwatch is a great example. Never bought a single loot box, still super fun). 

On the other hand, Disney is also a company known for fast lockdowns of anything remotely resembling bad PR. They could easily have called EA and told them to resolve the situation sooner, rather than later, so as to not make a Star Wars IP product look bad.