Jump to content
Jekzer

FAQ 1.9 Released

Recommended Posts

Alternative erratas:

Caldara: Remove Fortune or Fate after being used. No need to errata Caldara

Háma: Remove a card instead of discard a card to return a tactics event to your hand, and/or remove the tactics event you returned to your hand after you use it.

 

With the Errata on Caldara, some people might think twice before buying further core sets to get extra copies of Fortune or Fate since that card is now dead. FFG is firing against their own products here.

 

BTW will we ever see positive erratas? Spirit Pippin, Lore Bilbo, plenty of never-used cards from the first cycles, etc ¿?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Seastan said:

 

23 minutes ago, NathanH said:

Something unusual about the Boromir and Caldara changes is that they don't seem aimed at any particular OP combo, but rather they specifically designed to reduce the general power of the card. This seems to be an entirely new approach.

Yes. This is one of my critiques of the errata. If part of the intention was to nerf the power decks, then it seems pointless to only target half of them. Erestor/LeDenethor and Elrond/Vilya decks were right up there with those two.

 

Yeah see I feel like this is the biggest issue with this errata. Why were only certain heroes and power decks targeted? What is the point of only nerfing a few power decks but leaving all the rest intact? Are we going to see every single other hero that is at a similar power level receive errata in the near future? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, PocketWraith said:

 

 if Caleb or anyone else at FFG reads this: Ignore the haters, you're doing fine.

Wich they will ! Don't worry !

And No, they are never listening to what people might have to say to them or suggest to them even when it's asked and doing politely ! They just make whatever they want ! coz it's their game, their choice, period .

And to be a nice and gentle sheep, as you are, i edited my post 10hours ago before i posted it ! So don't worry ! i'm such a cool guy now !

I listened to my old friend Billy Zane ! He's a cool dude !

See ? i can change and make myself a better person !

So hey ! Maybe some day, ffg will make decent coresets with some decent design process during the evolving of the game (wich dont lead to heroes heads flying into the air and or FN/Phasma in some tournaments...)

You know, stuff like REAL PLAYTEST (a serious lack that is occuring in every of their cards games)

Cheers Buddy !

PS : 

And by they way, as yoda said, dark side is not stronger, blablabla... how about making positive reworks on forgotten cards, nor heroes that actually might be happy to get out of the dusty cage ?

It might make a huge difference aswell, and people might like that better than those "nerfs" wich are just reducing the pleasure especially here for the big nightmares players...

Where boosting some of our useless heroes, might just open some new windows that might be a really good breathe for the game ! But no... Apparently, it's too much work to make a bilbo to cost 6...

As FFG would say that those new heroes and cards are apparently once again, already made for that... Even when half of those are just going straight into the Dusty Cage once the pack is opened...

Edited by Aorakis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, PsychoRocka said:

Yeah see I feel like this is the biggest issue with this errata. Why were only certain heroes and power decks targeted? What is the point of only nerfing a few power decks but leaving all the rest intact? Are we going to see every single other hero that is at a similar power level receive errata in the near future? 

Good questions and no answer.

Even if new card will come like new powerfull spirit allies for a Caldara deck, these new allies will fit also in an Elrond deck like Glofindel ally.

So i really don't understand the errata on heroes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Authraw said:

I was thinking something along those lines too. Did you have any particular thoughts in mind when you said this, out of curiosity? 

I just defeated Blood of Gondor with a Boromir deck, for instance, and I think it just got a lot harder. 

Yep, some quest like Blood of Gondor or Escape from Dol Goldur, your usual super tough quests.

Maybe Imrahil tactics with his allies ability could be a good replacement.

And maybe the erratas should not affect nightmare play? I'm thinking about that house rule.

Edited by Lecitadin
add comment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like some erratas here like the ones on wingfoot and Boromir.

Acording to Caleb's reasoning, I find the errata on Hama unnecessary. Errate Thicket instead!!! "...add to the victory display", or "...remove from the game". I find Hama one of the most enjoyable heroes if the tactics sphere, you can make decks full of interesting decissions round to round.

Also, I ask the developers to rethink some cards.

Horn of Gondor: When an enemy is revealed, exhaust horn of gondor to add a resource"

Brok Ironfist!! Radagast cunning, Dori, Bilbo... and so on

Make usless cards great again!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And yeah : i surely over reacted ! And i'm going to say that i'm half sorry for it ! (and that "half part" made me to edit my original post few hours ago)

but let's say it :  and i'm not the only one i can assure you that :  I'm slowly, but surely tired about FFG management these past months.

It start with lotr, with the basic lack of news... nor interresting news i would say.

Then it continues with Star Wars Destiny, wich was nice, then quite fast turn out to be messing up by such a terrible managing process that turn the game to TONS of reworked cards, so you basically buy a game with SOOOOO MANY cards that turns out to get an incorrect text (coz nerfed) that you just feel to be just a bank account number for FFG...

They're just taking your money every 3 months while in the same time, they are just not making any good work for the good sanity of the game you're purchasing...

And i have to say that that SWD game is the worst exemple of what a CCG or DiceCCG could be ! I never, EVER, have seen such a poor PLAYTEST work in any card game i've played... NEVER !

(Wich is a shame as the game is initially quite fun !) (wich makes those lack of managing even more frustrating)


So surely, when today i read those reworks here... on my probably favorite solo-co-op game, and when i saw their reasons for nerfing a hero like Hama or destroying an entire archetype like Caldara (wich i don't even like and that's something to be said) coz they think it's too much broken for some foggy reasons or just for 1 card... well it surely get my patience to be combusted a bit quicker...

And that during all of that, you're still waiting for some news about the Pack 4 for the last Cycle... that seems to be the phantom of the ghost opera... YEAH... it might slowly turn a cool dude, into a Fireball !

Then i also realize that we are paying for games where the basic quality (and here 'im speaking about the paper quality and even worst, those plastic Box for adventure packs and EVEN WORST that Arkham horror Dunwich Box in wich you can't even stock your cards into coz it's such a poor and low cost quality of packaging that i just feel like ffg is just laughing at me while counting my money in their bed at night...)

So yeah... all in all... I have to get FFG Director on the line, to gently explaim him, what could be great for him to change and please his players so they actually would feel to be part of the game, and not just part of their wallet !


SO, all of that to Say, sorry if some of you found my style to be Furious and Furious ! A movie with like 3 vin Diesel into it ! and that i'm actually a very cool guy.

But someday, someone will have to say to them that we're also paying for their games AND LIVING, and we might want to be heared from time to time.

If i have only Three things or advices to say to them, those would be : 

1) Listen to your community, They're making your living you know ? Especially those who know your games better coz they're playing those way more than you are. So they can gave you precious returns ! Those people are the blood of your games, and might help you to improve them so they could be a waaay much better experiences for everyone !

2) PLAYTEST ! PLAYTEST !!! PLAAAAYTESTTTTT !!! seriouly ! And get return from those players and pro players that are knowing the game better than you, they might say to you "hey, careful with this card, it might turn out to be a problem with this card..." nor "hey, that quest you made, it's a bit messy on these regards... what about making those this way ?" and then, PLAYTEST EVEN MORE !

3) Make Less ! But Better ! I always found your way of producing (especially with those versus games) to be much too faster to be healthy for your own games. The more cards you make, the more dusty and Broken ones you're making... If you reduce your speed even to 2/3 from the actual speed of releasing, you might just put more effort into the Point 1 and 2, and therefore you got a much better overall quality...

If i ever had to make a company, those 3 points would be my honor and blood identity !

But hey... who am i apart that raging guy right... ?

Edited by Aorakis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Aorakis said:

And yeah : i surely over reacted ! And i'm going to say that i'm half sorry for it ! (and that "half part" made me to edit my original post few hours ago)

but let's say it :  and i'm not the only one i can assure you that :  I'm slowly, but surely tired about FFG management these past months.

It start with lotr, with the basic lack of news... nor interresting news i would say.

Then it continues with Star Wars Destiny, wich was nice, then quite fast turn out to be messing up by such a terrible managing process that turn the game to TONS of reworked cards, so you basically buy a game with SOOOOO MANY cards that turns out to get an incorrect text (coz nerfed) that you just feel to be just a bank account number for FFG...

They're just taking your money every 3 months while in the same time, they are just not making any good work for the good sanity of the game you're purchasing...

And i have to say that that SWD game is the worst exemple of what a CCG or DiceCCG could be ! I never, EVER, have seen such a poor PLAYTEST work in any card game i've played... NEVER !

(Wich is a shame as the game is initially quite fun !) (wich makes those lack of managing even more frustrating)


So surely, when today i read those reworks here... on my probably favorite solo-co-op game, and when i saw their reasons for nerfing a hero like Hama or destroying an entire archetype like Caldara (wich i don't even like and that's something to be said) coz they think it's too much broken for some foggy reasons or just for 1 card... well it surely get my patience to be combusted a bit quicker...

And that during all of that, you're still waiting for some news about the Pack 4 for the last Cycle... that seems to be the phantom of the ghost opera... YEAH... it might slowly turn a cool dude, into a Fireball !

Then i also realize that we are paying for games where the basic quality (and here 'im speaking about the paper quality and even worst, those plastic Box for adventure packs and EVEN WORST that Arkham horror Dunwich Box in wich you can't even stock your cards into coz it's such a poor and low cost quality of packaging that i just feel like ffg is just laughing at me while counting my money in their bed at night...)

So yeah... all in all... I have to get FFG Director on the line, to gently explaim him, what could be great for him to change and please his players so they actually would feel to be part of the game, and not just part of their wallet !


SO, all of that to Say, sorry if some of you found my style to be Furious and Furious ! A movie with like 3 vin Diesel into it ! and that i'm actually a very cool guy.

But someday, someone will have to say to them that we're also paying for their games AND LIVING, and we might want to be heared from time to time.

If i have only Three things or advices to say to them, those would be : 

1) Listen to your community, They're making your living you know ? Especially those who know your games better coz they're playing those way more than you are. So they can gave you precious returns ! Those people are the blood of your games, and might help you to improve them so they could be a waaay much better experiences for everyone !

2) PLAYTEST ! PLAYTEST !!! PLAAAAYTESTTTTT !!! seriouly ! And get return from those players and pro players that are knowing the game better than you, they might say to you "hey, careful with this card, it might turn out to be a problem with this card..." nor "hey, that quest you made, it's a bit messy on these regards... what about making those this way ?" and then, PLAYTEST EVEN MORE !

3) Make Less ! But Better ! I always found your way of producing (especially with those versus games) to be much too faster to be healthy for your own games. The more cards you make, the more dusty and Broken ones you're making... If you reduce your speed even to 2/3 from the actual speed of releasing, you might just put more effort into the Point 1 and 2, and therefore you got a much better overall quality...

If i ever had to make a company, those 3 points would be my honor and blood identity !

But hey... who am i apart that raging guy right... ?

I think you think Caleb and Lukas are the same person, and work for Asmodee Marketing instead of designing games for FFG...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Network57 said:

I think you think Caleb and Lukas are the same person, and work for Asmodee Marketing instead of designing games for FFG...


And they probably are yeah !

And i can't say that i won't be happy to see caleb leaving ffg and join Lukas in the Magic The gathering team ! They might both make marvelous stuff for that company !

Edited by Aorakis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the errata on Háma is really rough and poorly thought. What about something like this?

"You can play any event card attached to Háma as if it were in your hand. When you play an event card attached it to Háma, remove it from game.

Response: After Háma is declared as an attacker, discard a card from your hand to attach a tactics event card from your discard pile to him."

With that, I think Háma would have been nerfed, without being deadly wounded as he is now, allowing you to recycle each event you play, but just once.

Edited by wehehe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Hama was really nerfed to "open up design space" rather than to get rid of a specific interaction with Thicket of Spears, then it means FFG expects this game to be going for a good long while yet.  After all, the next cycle is surely already designed by now.  What New And Totally Awesome Tactics Events will be coming our way without the terror of Hama looming over them?

It'd be easier to take nerfing of popular heroes if it had come with positive errata to unpopular heroes.  I'd mourn the loss of Caldara and Eomer less if Bilbo had his threat reduced or SpPippin had his all-hobbit restriction removed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, PsychoRocka said:

Snipped below

It was me that wrote the original comment that you replied to regarding ignoring rule changes. I thought in response I would just make these comments:

PsychoRocka said: To do this to three separate, quite popular heroes is quite a big deal and seems like one of the biggest changes to the game we have ever received.. doing this during such a quiet period and such a lull in news or new content seems like awful timing as well.. rubbing salt in the wound if you will.

It may also mean though that the forthcoming announcement isn't some big rule change - it could be argued that this is a positive sign at least to players who want to keep things pretty much the same.

PsychoRocka said: Also the main problem with the whole "don't like the new changes? don't play with them!" outlook is that many players of the game, myself included, will look at this as cheating and/or playing the game incorrectly. Regardless of the fact that the game is co-op or single player most players still want to play the game as intended without breaking or ignoring any rules. 

I think these are perfectly legitimate arguments. Obviously though if it's a choice between ignoring what you don't like or dropping out of the game, then I'm all for ignoring (or at least twisting) the rules!

 

Edited by JonG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since the FAQs seem to come less than once a year, I think the fears of many heroes being errata'd are a little over-stated. It took them *many* years to actually get around to doing something to Boromir or Caldara: by all means I think it's fair to criticise how they errata'd them, but I really doubt that another tranche of erratas are coming down the pipe that soon (rightly or wrongly). I feel like I should add that since I don't tend to use these heroes at all, I am much less affected by the errata, and I concede quite happily the points made by others about Caldara and Hama in particular - they seem a little clumsy. Boromir, on the other hand, seems much less bad, at least in relation to the source material. He wasn't *that* epic in the books...and perhaps it's about time Faramir started to look better in comparison :D 

On the quality of the boxes etc., doesn't this have something to do with Asmodee buying FFG? There was definitely a price hike after Asmodee came along, and since Asmodee owns *many* board game companies they are getting close to a monopoly they seem to be acting with a bit more disregard for overall quality etc. I wouldn't really put the designers of LOTR in the firing line for those kinds of decisions, although I was disappointed more generally to see FFG get absorbed by Asmodee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Aorakis said:

If i have only Three things or advices to say to them, those would be : 

1) Listen to your community, They're making your living you know ? Especially those who know your games better coz they're playing those way more than you are. So they can gave you precious returns ! Those people are the blood of your games, and might help you to improve them so they could be a waaay much better experiences for everyone !

2) PLAYTEST ! PLAYTEST !!! PLAAAAYTESTTTTT !!! seriouly ! And get return from those players and pro players that are knowing the game better than you, they might say to you "hey, careful with this card, it might turn out to be a problem with this card..." nor "hey, that quest you made, it's a bit messy on these regards... what about making those this way ?" and then, PLAYTEST EVEN MORE !

3) Make Less ! But Better ! I always found your way of producing (especially with those versus games) to be much too faster to be healthy for your own games. The more cards you make, the more dusty and Broken ones you're making... If you reduce your speed even to 2/3 from the actual speed of releasing, you might just put more effort into the Point 1 and 2, and therefore you got a much better overall quality...

I know your rant mixes in Star Wars: Destiny which I'm not familiar with except to know it's a competitive game, and so will have very different issues.  But just from the standpoint of LOTR I'd say:

On Point 1 -- Consider the *entire* community since it's a co-op game.  There's no shortage of people in the community who would like nerfs for power cards, and as we've seen some are both fine with the errata and wishing that more had been done.  But the changes impact *hundreds* of published decks, and ramping down specific overpowered combos only has major benefit for non-coordinated multiplayer players -- a situation which *many* players of the game never encounter.  The first rule of errata should be "First, do no harm."

On Point 3 -- Forget the "Make Less! But Better" slogan.  My chief complaint against LOTR right now is the long delay in new content.  I'm quite happy with the new content we get.  Make More! More! More!  This is a slow-growing game and each AP only typically gives two cards to each sphere.

On Point 2 -- I have no reason to expect that "lack of playtesting" had *anything* to do with these errata.  Not one of the cards changed was released in the last two cycles, and only one of the changes was justified by referring to a card released in the last two cycles (Doughty Ranger).  Frankly, if Imrahil ally dramatically enhances Caldara or We Are Not Idle dramatically powers up dwarven swarm, they are doing *what they were designed to do*.  It's not remotely plausible that Imrahil wasn't designed specifically for use with Caldara, or that We Are Not Idle wasn't designed specifically for dwarven swarms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm far from a "competitive" LOTR LCG player, but there is just so much misunderstanding of card game design here that I felt like I had to say something.

1) The designers are idiots, they don't care about the game or the players, they just want to destroy the game.
Seriously? Why would they want to do that? It's their job and their passion to design the game. They spend more time on it than anyone else and they want to do what's best for the game - to keep it fresh, interesting and viable. If you don't understand this, you need a reality check.

2) Designers should listen to the most experienced players, they know what's best for the game.
No, they know what's best for the way they play the game. Someone who has all the cards and has played all the quests numerous times is already invested in the game. Designers need to appeal to a much larger audience.

3) They should have nerfed the tools (ie. Thicket of Spears), not the engines (ie. Hama).
This is almost always the wrong approach to fixing problematic combos. One of the cards has a unique effect that turned out to be too powerful without a limit (per turn, phase, game etc.). The other just happened to be strong when combined with it. If you nerf the tool, there's always the danger that another tool will be found. Maybe it will be a bit less powerful, maybe another will be printed, maybe it will stop them from printing another one. If you nerf the engine, you actually work on solving the problem.

4) Why did they only nerf some cards and not all the others?
They nerfed a few heroes and a few cards and people here are already losing their minds. They point of errata is not to make all cards/options have the same power level or viability. It's to provide a fresh perspective, new challenges, and make the game better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that we will be surprised to see how good Boromir still is.

For Caldara, I think they basically killed her : to put a max a 4 allies after a few turns, don't know about that... But Caldara decks always bugged me because they always lack attack power (in nightmare mode).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, burek277 said:

3) They should have nerfed the tools (ie. Thicket of Spears), not the engines (ie. Hama).
This is almost always the wrong approach to fixing problematic combos. One of the cards has a unique effect that turned out to be too powerful without a limit (per turn, phase, game etc.). The other just happened to be strong when combined with it. If you nerf the tool, there's always the danger that another tool will be found. Maybe it will be a bit less powerful, maybe another will be printed, maybe it will stop them from printing another one. If you nerf the engine, you actually work on solving the problem.

4) Why did they only nerf some cards and not all the others?
They nerfed a few heroes and a few cards and people here are already losing their minds. They point of errata is not to make all cards/options have the same power level or viability. It's to provide a fresh perspective, new challenges, and make the game better.

While *certainly* errata is intended to make the game better, errata has a substantial practical cost:

It makes the written text on all copies of the cards incorrect, and it potentially affects the play of every deck/quest using the affected cards.

So I don't agree -- at all -- that "providing a fresh perspective, new challenges, and make the game better" is *sufficient* reason for an errata.  I think a fair argument could be made that nerfing Steward of Gondor would do all three of those things, from the perspective of a new player who walks down to the store and buys the entire fully-errataed card pool.  But it would be a disaster, because it would affect vast numbers of existing decks and dramatically weaken the Leadership sphere for new players buying the core set.  Prior to the Horn of Gondor nerf, there's really no examples at all of errata targeting a popular card based on general power level with the full card pool, errata was targeted to recently released cards that didn't work as intended (Thror's Map, Ravens of the Mountain, Blue Mountain Trader) or cards that were part of a "problematic combo".

What is a "problematic combo" in the sense of this game?  Since the game is not competitive, IMO the *only* "problematic combo" worth considering is one that harms *other players* in uncoordinated multi-player games (by "harm" I mean makes the game less interesting for them -- a griefer running a doomed deck in uncoordinated multi-players isn't a problem the designers can or should solve).  Hama and the original Feint was such a combo against Shadow and Flame -- Feint received an errata, and the problem was solved.  Rouxorr's amazing first turn win deck would be a great example:

https://hallofbeorn.wordpress.com/2017/07/04/deck-solo-first-turn-win/

As a solo or coordinated-multiplayer deck, the deck *isn't* a problem.  No one who doesn't want to play it will play it, and aside from its novelty value it would not be interesting to play.  But it *would* be a problem if someone brought the deck to a meetup so the other players had the joy of watching the deck blow the quest away while they did nothing at all, so that it would produce errata was inevitable.

At the heart of every problematic LOTR engine is either events that can be recurred by drawing the whole deck, or attachments that don't exhaust.  There's a lot of cards that could be nerfed to prevent the combo -- I think the obvious one would be to hit Rod of the Steward so that it is "Action: exhaust Rod of the Steward and spend 2X resources to draw X cards".  But the nerf to We Are Not Idle certainly also does the job.  (Note that We Are Not Idle/Lure of Moria is still a net resource gain if you can get to 4+ dwarf heroes, but the infinite resource loop required *two* plays of We Are Not Idle with 14 dwarves.) . I prefer attachment exhaustion as a fix whenever possible for a simple reason: it always preserves the common case.

For errata, the slogan to "optimize the common case" should be adhered to.  Nerfing We Are Not Idle prevents the infinite resource combo, but the *way* it did it affects the hundreds of decks using the card for the purpose it was originally designed for.  Having it self-remove preserves the common usage entirely, but eliminates it as a reliable engine component.  Limiting the resource gain (example -- errata to "Exhaust up to three dwarf characters to receive that many resources....") would limit the top-end power of the card while making it exactly as useful as before in the critical first turns.  Having Horn of Gondor *exhaust* when it gives a resource would have preserved its original utility while making it useless for problematic combos.

This brings us to Hama, whose ability, though potentially powerful, is quite costly -- it requires an attack, it requires a discard, it gives you an event at the point where it's not immediately useful, and you have to pay the cost of the event. The potential for Hama/Thicket  was there from Hama's introduction, and Hama's inherent limitations meant that a Hama/Thicket deck circa Dwarrowdelf would use the single card it drew and the three resources it collects to do nothing but play Thicket.  Is this unfair to other players because it does nothing but deal with enemies?  Not really, any dedicated multiplayer combat deck does the same thing.  The only issue is that it doesn't allow those poor engaged enemies to ever get a chance to attack, so like Eleanor/Wingfoot it is "removing a part of the game" entirely.  And *that* issue is created *entirely* by Thicket of Spears, one of only three events that can do that, and the only one Hama can recur.

So you can "fix" Hama, which confines the number of times the event can ordinarily be played to nine times, or you could fix Thicket of Spears and confine the number of times it can be played to three.  The vast majority of Hama decks at ringsdb do *not* have Thicket of Spears in it, so optimizing for the common case suggests nerfing the unpopular card.

But what about other potential (hypothetical) cards that are just too powerful to be played every turn?  A fix that caused the event used to disappear or even bottom decked (like with the Records) would fix that while preserving the common case -- and further, I'm skeptical there is or will be a card that's "just too powerful" to recur every turn that *isn't* a problem if you play it four turns in a row, as the "fixed" Hama can.  Ironically, the broken Hama is probably now most useful exactly to a deck designed to recur expensive tactics events, and with the various recursion/search cards that exist can likely do that reliably.  With the three-use limit, who is going to use Hama to opportunistically pick up The Eagles Are Coming?

Edited by dalestephenson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dalestephenson said:

But what about other potential (hypothetical) cards that are just too powerful to be played every turn?  A fix that caused the event used to disappear or even bottom decked (like with the Records) would fix that while preserving the common case -- and further, I'm skeptical there is or will be a card that's "just too powerful" to recur every turn that *isn't* a problem if you play it four turns in a row, as the "fixed" Hama can.  Ironically, the broken Hama is probably now most useful exactly to a deck designed to recur expensive tactics events, and with the various recursion/search cards that exist can likely do that reliably.  With the three-use limit, who is going to use Hama to opportunistically pick up The Eagles Are Coming?

This is exactly right. The "fix" to Hama now makes a Hama + Thicket combo relatively *more* powerful as a way of using Hama. Shutting down the whole combat phase for 4 turns off one copy off Thicket is still great, and probably covers half the game. It barely solves the problem it was intended to solve. Meanwhile someone who wants to use him in a 'normal' way to recur Feint/Goblin-Cleaver, etc., gets screwed. 

Edited by cfmcdonald

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't read all the reactions.

I find all the erratas to be pretty fair but for two points:

  1. Caldara. Ok, I get it. Caldara was über powerful, and I only played her in a kind of crappy thematic deck to avoid breaking the game. For this kind of decks, Caldara's just a random useless hero
  2. Hama. That errata is really rough. I played only a couple of times the Thicket of Spear combo. It was fun. Then, we took it against Stone of Erech. HEY HELLO Shadow-maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan http://hallofbeorn.com/LotR/Details/Shadow-man-TSoE !!!!!!! So not that strong after all. Never played the combo again. And deadly with that kind of effect (or those that blank text of heroes). I used Hama for his flexibility to recycle lots of nice Tactics events (such as Foe-hammer) without having the feel it breaks the game.

Overall, as it's a cooperative game, I think the designers are just wrong on some of these erratas. I would rather give errata to cards that limits or constrained deckbuilding rather than cards that are part of a weird specific combo breaking the game.

In short, I just can't understand how in the **** Caldara (remember what everybody was saying when she was first out) got errata'ed but no freaking Spirit Glorfindel.

Edited by banania

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...