Jekzer

FAQ 1.9 Released

158 posts in this topic

I had a thought about a better way to handle Caldara...

Errata Fortune or Fate to:  "Limit one per deck.  Action:  Choose a hero in your discard pile.  Put that card into play under your control.  Remove Fortune or Fate from the Game."

That way she can be used twice.  In spite of Seastan's deck, I just feel like we lost too much of an archetype with the current errata.

13nrv likes this

On 22/11/2017 at 0:28 PM, dalestephenson said:

On the other hand, the thematic connection between having characters destroyed and getting rewarded can also be argued.  "Loud and clear it sounds in the valleys of the hills, and then let all the foes of Gondor flee!"

Exactly!

I cannot agree that the errated (this is not correct English right?) Horn of Gondor is more thematic. The problem is that the original Horn of Gondor was not thematic already. According to the lore, a thematic Horn of Gondor would give you resources when an enemy is revealed /added to the staging area. Limit it once per phase /round and there you are! A thematic Horn of Gondor you cannot abuse.

Edited by Yepesnopes
farealh likes this

Besides Hama+thicket, which other combos of Hama do you think that break the game?

Because I don't buy the Hama+Feint one. Sentinel + Burning Brand or Gloin + Elrond trivialize combat much better than Hama + Feint

I think that Hama + ticket is a combo who are really powerful only on a small number of scenario when you have 4+ enemies, or in suboptimal build who can't handle enemies of the previous turn.

Since a many months my Hama work by cycling wait no longer and (with a ready) alternatively proud hunter and foe-hammer. It prove to be most efficient since you help the group avoiding a lot of harsh treachery, and the renfort/when revealed of the enemy. And (most important) you still can develop your board because you have enough resources left.

I still play not only 3 thicket but also 1 oath of Eorl (basically the same but can be payed differently when we don't play mono tactics, or need to handle resource differently because of Amarthuil or Mablung but you need to kill the enemies in the turn), so 4 thicket because it is a card who help. But having a deck who only play each turn a thicket, discarding his newly-drawed card and spend all his resources into not even care about 1/3 or the cards since he don't put willpower in quest egal to this enemies, and can't engage them all if there is too many.

13nrv likes this

Cold day in **** will be when i disgrace my game with those horrible erratas.

I guess it was good choice to stop applying them after Will of the West atrocity.

What card says is what i do, no more, no less.

ppsantos, Rajam, 13nrv and 2 others like this

Not knowing if this aspect has been raised through this topic (having not read all messages as some here are just re-writing what they already wrote thinking it might be more convincing if they write it numerous times), I wanted to add one point :

One thing that I would not mind having errata for, is having the power of the cards related to the importance of the characters in the books. I do not mind having Gandalf, Elrond or Galadriel powerful in the game. Some cards that are secondary characters for me like Erestor, Hama or Hirgon should not be a complete design archetype material. I like the game but I'd rather have most powerful line-up of heroes with either main characters of the books (Frodo, Aragorn, Boromir, ...) either most iconic/powerful being of the Tolkien's world (Galadriel, Elrond, Beorn, Treebeard, Gandalf, ...). I have fun playing Caldara archetype, however I would have more fun if Caldara card was named Pippin for instance. May be it is just personal, but I guessed that this might be taken into account when decisions about nerfing is made.

In addition, I think that the main issue is to not errating the cards that are never used as mentionned by some other fellow players.

farealh likes this