Darth Meanie

Stealth X

Just curious. . .should it be in the game?  Has stealth been tamed enough that we could see a different X-Wing variant on the table for the Rebels?

Since it requires a Force-user to fly, I suspect it would be like the ARC/TIE/Phantom II with 4 unique pilots.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/StealthX

7 minutes ago, Darth Meanie said:

Just curious. . .should it be in the game?  Has stealth been tamed enough that we could see a different X-Wing variant on the table for the Rebels?

Since it requires a Force-user to fly, I suspect it would be like the ARC/TIE/Phantom II with 4 unique pilots.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/StealthX

I mean sure. It could come in the same pack with Rebel Fel.

And you know what? Mara Jade rebel crew.

Throw in Sabine's Defender.

I even have a new EPT for you as well:

Rebel Excellence

Rebel only

When attacking an Imperial ship, you may re-roll up to 3 of your dice.

-1 pts.

Seems like a fun pack.

5 minutes ago, RufusDaMan said:

I mean sure. It could come in the same pack with Rebel Fel.

And you know what? Mara Jade rebel crew.

Throw in Sabine's Defender.

I even have a new EPT for you as well:

Rebel Excellence

Rebel only

When attacking an Imperial ship, you may re-roll up to 3 of your dice.

-1 pts.

Seems like a fun pack.

Oooo, the Snark is strong with this one. ;)

I'll mark you down as "No."

I always appreciated the StealthX, and presumably Jaina Solo would be a pilot so I would eternally fly her (even if she was terrible). 

Not sure how you'd work the mechanics as such though, the StealthX doesn't really cloak, it's more just a space version of stealthed fighters which became public right after the Cold War, like a Nighthawk or the stealth capabilities of the F-22. They're theoretically "cloaked" any time they aren't actively firing, communicating or sensing. Native 4 AGI ship? But since they can't communicate then other friendly ships abilities shouldn't affect them, either. Jedi Shadow Bombs would be easy to make, it'd be a Proton Torpedo with attack: focus (probably spend the token too) but severely restrict the opponent's defending ability. 

14 minutes ago, Pooleman said:

I’d like to see some elite cards for force sensitive pilots like Vader, Luke, and Rey. 

Agreed.  If they ever got around to prequel stuff, a Force-User mechanic would be a must.

4 minutes ago, UnitOmega said:

I always appreciated the StealthX, and presumably Jaina Solo would be a pilot so I would eternally fly her (even if she was terrible). 

Not sure how you'd work the mechanics as such though, the StealthX doesn't really cloak, it's more just a space version of stealthed fighters which became public right after the Cold War, like a Nighthawk or the stealth capabilities of the F-22. They're theoretically "cloaked" any time they aren't actively firing, communicating or sensing. Native 4 AGI ship? But since they can't communicate then other friendly ships abilities shouldn't affect them, either. Jedi Shadow Bombs would be easy to make, it'd be a Proton Torpedo with attack: focus (probably spend the token too) but severely restrict the opponent's defending ability. 

Well, you could use the same cloak mechanic, but perhaps not allow any actions while cloaked.

But, gameplay >> fluff, just tweak the X-Wing chassis and add cloaking.  Plus a new torp that's Stealth X Only.

And make sure the non-Luke PSs stay low. . .

How about an Incom box set with the T-65, T-65XJ, T-70, and T-85 spaceframes? Ships like the T-65BR and the stealth X could be titles and modifications. All cards could have a symbol denoting "casual only" use to reign in the complaints.

Edited by IronOx

What about something like this? X-wing add ons.

StealthX [3pts] - (Title. Unique. X-wing only.) You cannot equip this card if your pilot skill is "6" or lower. At the start of combat phase, if you do not have any evade or blue target lock tokens, you may increase your agility value by 2 until the end of the phase. Red target lock tokens assigned to your ship cannot be spent during this phase.

Jedi Shadow Bomb [5pts] - (Torpedo. StealthX only.) 4 ATK, Range 2-3. ATTACK (FOCUS): Discard this card and spend a focus token to perform this attack. You may change up to 2 of your focus results to critical results.

R9 Astromech [2pts] - When defendingif you do not have any focus, evade or blue target lock tokens, you may re-roll 1 of your die results.

2 hours ago, UnitOmega said:

Maybe make it so that they're not considered "friendly ships" for the purposes of other ships' actions?

9 hours ago, BVRCH said:

What about something like this? X-wing add ons.

StealthX [3pts] - (Title. Unique. X-wing only.) You cannot equip this card if your pilot skill is "6" or lower. At the start of combat phase, if you do not have any evade or blue target lock tokens, you may increase your agility value by 2 until the end of the phase. Red target lock tokens assigned to your ship cannot be spent during this phase.

Jedi Shadow Bomb [5pts] - (Torpedo. StealthX only.) 4 ATK, Range 2-3. ATTACK (FOCUS): Discard this card and spend a focus token to perform this attack. You may change up to 2 of your focus results to critical results.

R9 Astromech [2pts] - When defendingif you do not have any focus, evade or blue target lock tokens, you may re-roll 1 of your die results.

Well, I would want to see it as its own chassis because, this:

10 hours ago, Boom Owl said:

Stealth_X_1.jpg