RufusDaMan

Battlefront 2 discussion thread

7 minutes ago, weisguy119 said:

Rebel Raider?

I was just going to make a post about this. The Corvus clearly has some mods by the Rebellion, it looks different, it holds X-Wings, etc.

What if FFG released a dual faction set with one Corvus model with Imperial and Rebel versions of the crew, titles, maybe even a new ship card?

It would be a good opportunity for a T-65 and TIE Fighter fix as well... 

C'mon, FFG! Don't pass this up!

53 minutes ago, Celestial Lizards said:

I was just going to make a post about this. The Corvus clearly has some mods by the Rebellion, it looks different, it holds X-Wings, etc.

What if FFG released a dual faction set with one Corvus model with Imperial and Rebel versions of the crew, titles, maybe even a new ship card?

It would be a good opportunity for a T-65 and TIE Fighter fix as well... 

C'mon, FFG! Don't pass this up!

I find this highly unlikely.

Although, I'm stating it now. If FFG releases a rebel version of Versio without an Imperial one... well then I'll be salty on these forums!

I was hyped until cadcomic opened my eyes to what was going on with the loot boxes. 

Then i started digging into the reviews and news........

Only 5 hrs of single player? F2P progression system on a aaa title? Smoke and mirrors bandaid fix to the backlash?

I'd want to find it heavily discounted to buy now

Preface: I am aware of and do not support the lootbox systems in the game. I think it's  pretty scuzzy, but I wasn't about to miss this campaign and honestly, the MP feels just fine. I'm feeling no major advantage from my pre-order content nor am I witnessing any one or several people utterly dominate without a suitable rebuttal. I'm no apologist for EA- screw them. But I do think the game is fun. Now...

I think the story is really good. I'm quite severely disappointed that we are JUST NOT ALLOWED to have proper Imperials but at the same time, at the same time... Iden and Del defected for VERY good reason. Nobody acted out of character, the pacing was excellent, just. I really loved this Campaign. As for my multiplayer experiences... Well. I gained MVP as Kylo Ren with 5000+ score in his TIE Silencer.

I showed them the power of the Dark Side.

1 minute ago, Captain Lackwit said:

Preface: I am aware of and do not support the lootbox systems in the game. I think it's  pretty scuzzy, but I wasn't about to miss this campaign and honestly, the MP feels just fine. I'm feeling no major advantage from my pre-order content nor am I witnessing any one or several people utterly dominate without a suitable rebuttal. I'm no apologist for EA- screw them. But I do think the game is fun. Now...

I think the story is really good. I'm quite severely disappointed that we are JUST NOT ALLOWED to have proper Imperials but at the same time, at the same time... Iden and Del defected for VERY good reason. Nobody acted out of character, the pacing was excellent, just. I really loved this Campaign. As for my multiplayer experiences... Well. I gained MVP as Kylo Ren with 5000+ score in his TIE Silencer.

I showed them the power of the Dark Side.

Agreed. Multiplayer is fun and while the leveling system is going to be a grind, it isn’t THAT big of a difference between those hat pay and those that don’t. At best your star fighter can do like 10% more damage at its top tier. You still have to land those shots.

campaign felt very similar to R1 to me in the pacing and action. I enjoyed it and do not regret my purchase.

1 minute ago, Mackaywarrior said:

Agreed. Multiplayer is fun and while the leveling system is going to be a grind, it isn’t THAT big of a difference between those hat pay and those that don’t. At best your star fighter can do like 10% more damage at its top tier. You still have to land those shots.

campaign felt very similar to R1 to me in the pacing and action. I enjoyed it and do not regret my purchase.

Agreed on all accounts. I very much enjoyed the character of Iden Versio, but her and her father's final meeting was pretty god **** heavy if we're honest. I will however say, that I was kind of disappointed about a lack of attacking the Super Star Destroyer, or even seeing it. Guess that happened while Iden was conked out, eh?

1 hour ago, RufusDaMan said:

I find this highly unlikely.

Although, I'm stating it now. If FFG releases a rebel version of Versio without an Imperial one... well then I'll be salty on these forums!

It’s disappointing, yet not at all unexpected, that Iden defected.  I mean, I instantly suspected that would happen and reading the prequel novel to the game pretty much sealed my suspicions.  To your point, I very much want an IMPERIAL Inferno Squadron TIE Fighter, not a New Republic version.  Why can’t the Empire have nice things?

Edited by weisguy119

13 minutes ago, Boom Owl said:

This game is a joke, play something good instead.

Star%20Wars%20-%20Jedi%20Knight%20-%20Da

1222b356-1efd-4767-a8ef-eac4ece7b8dc.jpg

I play both at least once annually, but I can well enjoy this game too, you know. I'd hardly call Battlefront II 2 a joke.

I'd instead call it a "Seriously 9/10 game that is heavily held back by absolutely wretched business practices that must stop plaguing the industry."

But continue being non-constructive.

3 minutes ago, Captain Lackwit said:

I play both at least once annually, but I can well enjoy this game too, you know. I'd hardly call Battlefront II 2 a joke.

I'd instead call it a "Seriously 9/10 game that is heavily held back by absolutely wretched business practices that must stop plaguing the industry."

But continue being non-constructive.

Point taken. Its just trying to do to much. I just want a new Jedi Knight game. 

Battlefront doesnt need to be every game.

Release 6 separate games:

1. Multiplayer Battlefront

2. Single Player Jedi Knight Sequel

3. Tie Fighter Sequel

4. Republic Commandos Sequel

5. KOTR Successor

6. Star Wars Diablo

Edited by Boom Owl

1 minute ago, Boom Owl said:

Point taken.

I just want a new Jedi Knight game instead of more multiplayer maps pretending to be singleplayer. 

Double point taken, as most maps in Battlefront II 2 are indeed the MP maps. But this isn't an uncommon practice, and it actually works extremely well in II 2 (with many being exclusive to one-another. Zero PT or ST content is re-used in the campaign, so.)

And I'd like some kind of Jedi Knight campaign as well. Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight is one of, if not my most favorite game(s) of all time, competing with the likes of Star Wars Galaxies. But I can firmly say that BFII2's campaign is the best we've had since something like Republic Commando.

And as much as I love II's campaign, at least II 2's doesn't... Just... Stomp all over the lore's consistency. (The 501st at Felucia and Utapau? Clone Rebellion? Seriously? And Battlefront II was completely multiplayer maps redressed.)

3 minutes ago, Boom Owl said:

Point taken. Its just trying to do to much. I just want a new Jedi Knight game. 

Battlefront doesnt need to be every game.

Release 6 separate games:

1. Multiplayer Battlefront

2. Single Player Jedi Knight Sequel

3. Tie Fighter Sequel

4. Republic Commandos Sequel

5. KOTR Successor

6. Star Wars Diablo

Thing is they want Battlefront to be Every Star Wars Game so they can tie loot boxes so you will have to fork over credits to play any Star Wars game.

EA is an extortionist worse than a Hutt and the tech industry jumping on this microtransaction bandwagon is greedier than the Black Sun syndicate.

Just now, Captain Lackwit said:

Double point taken, as most maps in Battlefront II 2 are indeed the MP maps. But this isn't an uncommon practice, and it actually works extremely well in II 2 (with many being exclusive to one-another. Zero PT or ST content is re-used in the campaign, so.)

And I'd like some kind of Jedi Knight campaign as well. Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight is one of, if not my most favorite game(s) of all time, competing with the likes of Star Wars Galaxies. But I can firmly say that BFII2's campaign is the best we've had since something like Republic Commando.

And as much as I love II's campaign, at least II 2's doesn't... Just... Stomp all over the lore's consistency. (The 501st at Felucia and Utapau? Clone Rebellion? Seriously? And Battlefront II was completely multiplayer maps redressed.)

Right on.

My biggest issue with battlefront is that it waters down all possible star wars games into one product.

Set the IP free and take each game mechanic seriously in its own context. 

I want a a single player Elder Scrolls Star Wars or a Rainbow Six Star Wars or a Civilization Star Wars or a Total War Star Wars.

31 minutes ago, Boom Owl said:

Right on.

My biggest issue with battlefront is that it waters down all possible star wars games into one product.

Set the IP free and take each game mechanic seriously in its own context. 

I want a a single player Elder Scrolls Star Wars or a Rainbow Six Star Wars or a Civilization Star Wars or a Total War Star Wars.

To be fair though, putting it into one product DOES allow you to almost always find a match, which is great when I want to prove my disgusting superiority in space combat. Which I was awful at in the Beta for some reason but now I'm kinda slaying again. S'pretty great.

But I definitely want an RPG of some sort again, someday. Some kind of dedicated flight game. Anything.