Stanyer

Coordinate lets you do any action?

14 posts in this topic

"

To summarize, when your Sheathipede-class shuttle performs the coordinate action, it immediate grants a free action to one of your other ships at Range 1–2. This doesn't allow a ship to perform the same action more than once, but that ship is notably not limited only to the ship's action bar or its Action upgrades. The target ship can perform any of the available actions that it hasn't already taken.

I hope this is a mistake like with the K-wing dropping bombs before it slams.  I mean if this is how it is intended, now any ship on the rebel side can take any action.  So your Rey/Finn falcon can now also reinforce if it gets a free action from a friendly ship with coordinate?

3 hours ago, Stanyer said:

"

I hope this is a mistake like with the K-wing dropping bombs before it slams.  I mean if this is how it is intended, now any ship on the rebel side can take any action.  So your Rey/Finn falcon can now also reinforce if it gets a free action from a friendly ship with coordinate?

If this came from the article, they are historically filled with misinformation. In this case I think it means that you're not limited to just your action bar or just your action cards. You can use either. The free action has to come from one of those two sources.

10 hours ago, Stanyer said:

"

I think this is just a case of wishful thinking. 

what they said. I'm betting there was a sentence or paragraph about how Coordinate is almost like PTL or EI for that ship, but PTL has this restriction and EI has this other restriction, so Coordinate is better because it doesn't have those restrictions! And then that got edited out, leaving us with "Coordinate has no restrictions! wow!"

SaszaPL likes this

Coordinate is also better because unlike squad leader, it does not have a PS restriction.  So you can use it to help a lower PS ship move out of arc or you can use it on a higher PS PTL ship which will then do a green manoeuver and end up with a ton of actions, but no stress.

Coordinate was always undervalued in epic because you kind of needed your target lock, but on a small ship like that, the possibilities get quite interesting.

Interestingly, the Rebels already have a ship that can do this sort of.  Ashoka's ability is basically a coordinate.  You are using your action to give another ship an action.  You have to go though the mechanics of giving her a focus to spend, then spending that focus to transfer the action.  But other than the timing of it (which IMO is better than the standard coordinate in most cases) it functions the same.

Shorter range.  But Corran Ahsoka Biggs made some minor splashes, and Ahsoka/A ship that really wants to PTL in the combat phase is a very solid pairing that can be made very similarly with Fenn and VI, without the range 1 limitation

4 hours ago, xbeaker said:

Interestingly, the Rebels already have a ship that can do this sort of.  Ashoka's ability is basically a coordinate.  You are using your action to give another ship an action.  You have to go though the mechanics of giving her a focus to spend, then spending that focus to transfer the action.  But other than the timing of it (which IMO is better than the standard coordinate in most cases) it functions the same.

Besides the later timing, which of course is great for a boost/barrel roll option, Ahsoka's ability also has the advantage that you can equip Recon Spec and that basically gives her a free action handout plus a focus for herself.

Also, Ahsoka can give herself a free action as well.

1 hour ago, sharrrp said:

Besides the later timing, which of course is great for a boost/barrel roll option, Ahsoka's ability also has the advantage that you can equip Recon Spec and that basically gives her a free action handout plus a focus for herself.

Also, Ahsoka can give herself a free action as well.

I currently use her in my all Rebels build.  Hera in the Ghost with Navigator, Intl agent, Auto Turret, Accuracy corrector and engine upgrade.  Ashoka in the captured TIE means that at worst, if an opposing ship has an 8+ PS I can get Hera in the vicinity and then after the moves are done, boost to make up the difference if they mange to keep themselves out of range 1 with their own boosts and barrel rolls.  I also have Sabine in there with a bomb and recovery arm, but it may be worth putting recon spec. to give her a little more defense when the opposing pilots are 9+.

And no, it isn't a very competitive build.. good focus fire on the Ghost will usually win out.  But it is a lot of fun to fly :)

In Epic games Upsilon coordinate on Carnor Jax - boost, PTL barrel roll, do a straight 4 (green) clear stress and take action (already tokened up from Turn 1 with Hyperwaves from 3 ships) I managed to disable 5 mindlink ships right away by throwing carnor in there (before the mindlink nerf of course), only 2 could try to shoot carnor but I dealt with 'em before it was their time to (;

Dormitz and Stridan, double coordinate, in Epic, so bloody strong.

Yes but as just dawned on me in the ap5 question thread, he's so much better for ptl/ei users because he transfers a stress off the target as well.

So now we have rebels that aren't locked to dials or just kanan for clearing their stress a turn + they get a third action before they even kick start an activation. It's a big chunk of the list but ap5/Asoka + 2 aces may work.......

Edited by Ralgon