Force Majeure

If Rey goes Dark Side

Part of the make up of Star Wars Skywalker saga has been the "Redemption Arc" that Anakin/Vader go through.

Assuming Rey somehow goes to the Dark Side, and it translated its way into X-wing, would we see a Millennium Falcon flying on the side of the First Order? What could "evil Rey" pilot and crew abilities look like?

40 minutes ago, Force Majeure said:

Part of the make up of Star Wars Skywalker saga has been the "Redemption Arc" that Anakin/Vader go through.

Assuming Rey somehow goes to the Dark Side, and it translated its way into X-wing, would we see a Millennium Falcon flying on the side of the First Order? What could "evil Rey" pilot and crew abilities look like?

Part of that would probably depend on whether she took the Falcon with her. 

I doubt he'll live past Ep. 9. If anything, he'll try to atone for Han by sacrificing himself somehow.

I'm not saying he'll turn into a good guy, but rather see what he's done as bad and as a redemptive gesture will help them by giving his life in some way. It won't make amends necessarily, but show that there still was good in him.

Cheesy, but that's SW, right? Doubtful they'd throw a curve ball at us.

1 minute ago, Vineheart01 said:

isnt the promotional art showing Luke on the dark side?

food for thought.

i mean he claims to be Jedi, but Jedi do not use force choke and he TOTALLY DID THAT to a pigman in Ep6.....

And it was awesome.

11 minutes ago, Vineheart01 said:

isnt the promotional art showing Luke on the dark side?

food for thought.

i mean he claims to be Jedi, but Jedi do not use force choke and he TOTALLY DID THAT to a pigman in Ep6.....

Because promotional materials are ALWAYS accurate.  Like the time Jyn used a hand blaster versus a TIE Fighter in Rogue One.

Dark Side doesn't necessarily mean working for the Empire/First order. Rey sticking on the "good guy" team while going full angry teenager and force choking everyone because "YOU'RE NOT MY MOM" could be pretty interesting, flesh out the dynamics of the force more.

3 hours ago, Boba Rick said:

I don't care what Rey does. 

I do NOT want emo Kylo to go to the good side.  Younglings are one thing, but you don't get to kill Han Solo and come back from it.

Watch that part of the movie again, Kylo might have gotten some help from Good father Solo.

7 hours ago, BlodVargarna said:

Rey will not go to the darkside. 

7 hours ago, Boba Rick said:

I don't care what Rey does. 

I do NOT want emo Kylo to go to the good side.  Younglings are one thing, but you don't get to kill Han Solo and come back from it.

7 hours ago, Force Majeure said:

I doubt he'll live past Ep. 9. If anything, he'll try to atone for Han by sacrificing himself somehow.

I'm not saying he'll turn into a good guy, but rather see what he's done as bad and as a redemptive gesture will help them by giving his life in some way. It won't make amends necessarily, but show that there still was good in him.

Cheesy, but that's SW, right? Doubtful they'd throw a curve ball at us.

I believe Rey and Kylo are supposed to be the Yin and Yang of the force. The 'Chosen One' in this sense, isn't a chosen one at all, but the force itself. They are supposed to be representations of the light and the dark struggling with pull of the force trying to bring them back to the middle. If killing his father did not completely engulf Kylo in the dark side, its pretty safe to say he will be battling against the light inside him this episode. I think conversely Luke will show Rey that the dark side is necessary but dangerous, and I think her training will be to control her power and keep the dark side from overcoming her. 

Luke is shown to be scared in the trailers, which is something he has not really ever been, and jedi are taught to dismiss, and that was ultimately their downfall. I think Luke is going to begrudgingly try to teach Rey what he couldn't with Ben. He will try to teach her to both harness the light and control the dark and use the force as a tool rather than let it overwhelm her. If Rey can learn that fear is useful, and passion can make her strong, but also realise that empathy and restraint are equally important she could become more powerful than any force user we've seen to date.

However ultimately I think the story will flow into Snoke being more powerful than both of them and they will team up to take him out. I think the reason Luke is shown as light and dark on the posters etc (other than the idea that its a red herring) is that he will be the catalyst that brings Rey and Kylo together.

I think the theory that Snoke will try to corrupt Rey is plausible. Maybe in the course of all this Kylo sees what Snoke has done to him and he will try to stop him from doing it to Rey. I think the redemption arc will be there, and I think that joining forces to overcome great evil is a pretty standard Disney ideology as well as a star wars ideology. I can't see them doing anything complicated to ensure every audience can relate, I just think they will slightly tweak it to bring the light and the dark together, hence Luke is the last Jedi.