There will be no consensus on this.  FFG doesn't make these stats available, even in Jewel of Yavin they said Lando's stats were simply for the purposes of that story at that time.  So, make him however good you think he needs to be for your story.

That said, this game doesn't do well with 1 Nemesis vs a party (unless they are Force users with Bind upgrades), so make sure BF has friends.  An experienced party can usually take out a single adversary fairly easily, provided they have the weapons to get through Soak.

2 minutes ago, Nytwyng said:

Based on reputation or what we actually see on screen?

If you include TCW as "on screen", he's actually pretty capable even as a teen.

3 minutes ago, whafrog said:

There will be no consensus on this.  FFG doesn't make these stats available, even in Jewel of Yavin they said Lando's stats were simply for the purposes of that story at that time.  So, make him however good you think he needs to be for your story.

That said, this game doesn't do well with 1 Nemesis vs a party (unless they are Force users with Bind upgrades), so make sure BF has friends.  An experienced party can usually take out a single adversary fairly easily, provided they have the weapons to get through Soak.

If you include TCW as "on screen", he's actually pretty capable even as a teen.

Thank you

The real question is, do you want to give your PCs the chance to kill Boba Fett? If so, then that's a very different discussion than if not. 

If they can kill him, take the best Bounty Hunter statblock you can find and pimp it out. Wrist rocket launcher and wrist blaster (always equipped), jet pack, high-tech gadgets, auto-stimpack-injectors, the works. Then bump his Nemeses level up one rank and give him one extra action per turn (at the end of each round).

If you don't want him to be killable, then turn the encounter into a skill challenge. Handle Fett's prowess narratively, based on the PCs skill checks (which are Opposed by his skills & characteristics).

7 minutes ago, awayputurwpn said:

If you don't want him to be killable, then turn the encounter into a skill challenge. Handle Fett's prowess narratively, based on the PCs skill checks (which are Opposed by his skills & characteristics).

Interesting idea, do you have any more detail?  Would you handle it kind of like a chase then?

5 minutes ago, whafrog said:

Interesting idea, do you have any more detail?  Would you handle it kind of like a chase then?

Sure, if it fits the encounter!

For me it really depends on the purpose of the encounter. Is it survival, asset protection, escape, rescue, gathering intelligence? Once you have that, you put your nemesis in the mix to try and foul things up (a Despair might mean a critical injury from one of Fett's many weapons, or that he blows up your current escape route, for example). Attacking him head-on needs to be made unnattractive, either narratively or mechanically, or both—if players score a "hit" on him, for example, then instead of asking for damage, Fett ducks down behind cover (or flies off) and disappears, and you give them a little nudge towards finishing the encounter successfully. Meanwhile, Fett bides his time to try and stop them again. 

Play up the hunter nature of Fett. He stays unseen, sets traps, uses guile and cunning to cause you to set yourself up for the fall. He prefers to stay at long range or further out (easy with a jetpack) until he has you at his mercy. Utilize fear checks. Bring in some allied NPCs and have them die horribly at Fett's remote hands. Swiftly punish hesitation and indecision. The PCs need to feel like he's one step ahead of them, so that it becomes not just a hitpoint slog-fest, but true suspense and thrill.

1 hour ago, Yaccarus said:

As the best bounty hunter in the galaxy, he SHOULD beat the PCs in a fair fight.

I dunno, he's a bounty hunter, not a walking tank. I think it would be fair to say that the players are pretty much out of luck regarding escaping him or getting him off their trail. If they have the slightest chanced of beating him, he wont engage without backup and/or some other kind of advantage. Because one thing Boba has been shown to be on screen is crafty

He might be able to beat an entire group of PCs, but there is no reason whatsoever for him to engage in a fair fight. 

If you just want a big fighty nemesis from the canonical bounty hunters, Bossk or IG-88 is probably a better pick.

If I'd wanted to stat Boba, i'd probably start out by looking through the gadgeteer and skiptracer talent trees.

6 hours ago, Nytwyng said:

Based on reputation or what we actually see on screen?

Sadistic :P
But actually TCW has young Boba and he is rocks already pretty hard. Still no match for Ventress. ;-)

Boba has certainly shown above average agility. 3+
Same for Brawn 3+
Same for Cunning 3+
Not especially intelligent or headstrong. Willpower and Int 2.
And the presence of a clone. 2

Now adding reasonable XP at char gen, we would end with something like 333222, starting as Operator, getting Skip-Tracer and Gadgeteer last, to fit his movie and series appearances. We can assume reasonable most talents used there and 3 ranks of dedication acquired  to increase brawn, agility and cunning to 4. Furthermore he get some decent ranks in leadership, negotiation, cool, vigilance, weapons, etc and maybe a fourth spec. In his youth he loved to dual-wielding pistols before he switched to a jury rigged rifle. So maybe a gunslinger on top, but actually it looked more like just wielding two pistols because he can and needed the ranged light skill for grenades anyway  ;-)

Overall he seems to be with all this around 1,000xp, outgrown by Luke at the start of Return of the Jedi. ;-)

Oh and for Signature Abilities: "Always get my mark", Boba never bothered with "Unmatched Devastation"

Edited by SEApocalypse

6 hours ago, Yaccarus said:

As the best bounty hunter in the galaxy, he SHOULD beat the PCs in a fair fight.

It is debatable if he is the best, as the galaxy is vast. Also, if he faces a group in a FAIR fight, he is not a good bounty hunter anyway, as those should idealy not be stupid.

As for the question of killing the Character... it is a narrative system and you can always have him escape, either voluntarily (retreating in a clever way or just by jetpack) or by being beaten (falling into the grat pit of carkoon, being buried under rubble etc.). When in doubt, flip a destiny point.

As for stats... They likely should be, what you need them to be to make it a fun encounter.

1 hour ago, SEApocalypse said:

Sadistic :P
But actually TCW has young Boba and he is rocks already pretty hard. Still no match for Ventress. ;-)

Boba has certainly shown above average agility. 3+
Same for Brawn 3+
Same for Cunning 3+
Not especially intelligent or headstrong. Willpower and Int 2.
And the presence of a clone. 2

Now adding reasonable XP at char gen, we would end with something like 333222, starting as Operator, getting Skip-Tracer and Gadgeteer last, to fit his movie and series appearances. We can assume reasonable most talents used there and 3 ranks of dedication acquired  to increase brawn, agility and cunning to 4. Furthermore he get some decent ranks in leadership, negotiation, cool, vigilance, weapons, etc and maybe a fourth spec. In his youth he loved to dual-wielding pistols before he switched to a jury rigged rifle. So maybe a gunslinger on top, but actually it looked more like just wielding two pistols because he can and needed the ranged light skill for grenades anyway  ;-)

Overall he seems to be with all this around 1,000xp, outgrown by Luke at the start of Return of the Jedi. ;-)

Oh and for Signature Abilities: "Always get my mark", Boba never bothered with "Unmatched Devastation"

I'd consider bumping up his Will a little. He seems to be a pretty patient dude, and I get the feeling he can be pretty coercive. On the other hand, if Vigilance was his strong suit, a blind man wouldnt have gotten the drop on him. Those mandalorian helmets sure look cool but they're (a really warm place in christian mythology) on the old peripheral vision... ;)

Edited by penpenpen
Gosh dang this profanity filter all to heck.

4 minutes ago, [Arkas] said:

It is debatable if he is the best, as the galaxy is vast. Also, if he faces a group in a FAIR fight, he is not a good bounty hunter anyway, as those should idealy not be stupid.

As for the question of killing the Character... it is a narrative system and you can always have him escape, either voluntarily (retreating in a clever way or just by jetpack) or by being beaten (falling into the grat pit of carkoon, being buried under rubble etc.). When in doubt, flip a destiny point.

As for stats... They likely should be, what you need them to be to make it a fun encounter.

I don’t think he would be beaten at all. Fett should be at an advantage. (I say he would win a straight up fight, not that it would be one.)

He’ll spearate them, use traps, figure out whatever it takes, and he will win.

7 minutes ago, penpenpen said:

I'd consider bumping up his Will a little. He seems to be a pretty patient dude, and I get the feeling he can be pretty coercive. On the other hand, if Vigilance was his strong suit, a blind man wouldnt have gotten the drop on him. Those mandalorian helmets sure look cool but they're (a really warm place in christian mythology) on the old peripheral vision... ;)

Just the opposite. Fett’s helmet has cameras that allow 360 degree vision.

23 minutes ago, penpenpen said:

15 minutes ago, Yaccarus said:

Yaccarus is correct there. And, according to several members of the Mandalorian Mercs costume group, the wide T-shaped visors provide very good peripheral vision.

If you put a character from the movies, they will do everything to kill him. If you put Boba Fett, they will do everything in their powers to defeat him.

Personally I would make a more dirty-tricks / Intimidation kind of character. Provoke fear checks, eat their strain and inmovillize/stagger the PC with their gadgets. In several cases, Bounty hunters need to catch their pray alive. Additional recommendations?

• Use a lot of the Jet pack to gain high ground, distance and avoid being destroyed by Lightsabers/angry wookies
  • Separate the PC (perhaps he is hidden in a big building/shipyard, and they need to spread to cover more area)
  • Also, consider that he may need to act twice per turn, if you want any hope to survive an encounter with 4 or more PCs
  • Use stims. There is an armor attachment that allow to use Stims as incidental
  • Plan B! If He is left with 5 wound/tension, he leaves the combat. Perhaps with a rocket to make the PC thinks twice before they follow.
  • If his Jet Pack is disable, make him call Slave-1 and spread caos in the encounter area

7 hours ago, whafrog said:

That said, this game doesn't do well with 1 Nemesis vs a party (unless they are Force users with Bind upgrades)

What about a "special" missile that stun/stagger targets. 

6 hours ago, awayputurwpn said:

This is a great option. 

18 minutes ago, Yaccarus said:

1 minute ago, Tramp Graphics said:

Yaccarus is correct there. And, according to several members of the Mandalorian Mercs costume group, the wide T-shaped visors provide very good peripheral vision.

You know that means he was beaten by a blind man despite seeing him coming?

2 minutes ago, Yaccarus said:

I don’t think he would be beaten at all.

And that is why you fail.... ;)
If he is as good as you want him to be (which he can be in your game) then yeah he can have godly invincibility. However I would say that in a more reasonable game, he would be smart enough to know, that anyone can beat him (and be it by chance). Boba Fett is highly overrated by many. That being said, he still is the iconic bounty hunter of Star Wars.

Now, leaving fanboys aside, let's focus on a fun game... In a fun game, you present your players with a challenge. Ideally one they do not just swipe aside, while also not being rigged for them to miserably fail no matter what. Never forget, while Boba Fett is an iconic NPC, the players characters are the heros and main cast of the story he happens to be a part of. It's all about these characters and ultimately not about Fett, not even if he ends up being the main antagonist. If the pcs are beaten, they hopefully are due to a tough fight with fun and dramatic moments. If the lonely bountyhunter is beaten (as should be likely, even though depending on the campaign)
 maybe have him lose in style... but I already elaborated on that. Do not make the mistake to think that the guys from the movies are more important or more cool than the pcs.

As a side note... Never forget... his 360 degree vision is a myth (most things about him are), him being accidentally prodded into the great pit of carkoon is fact.

47 minutes ago, penpenpen said:

Despair rolls happen all the time. In this case despair damaged his jetpack and off you go. Hey, at least he survived that fall allegedly  ;)
Besides that: He would win not win in a fair fight? Against whom? A skilled jedi will end Boba the same way Jango was ended by Mace Windu. A not so skilled on might get tangled up by Boba's gadgets, but most likely still stays on top. And the same can be said about players. At knight level, Boba Fett might deal with a whole group of PCs alone. At 1,000 xp per player, he might call in the gang and bring Bossk, Latts, Dengar and maybe some more. Why? Because in a unfair fight Boba might be in trouble against such a group. He still is just one guy, even when rather experienced and well trained by basically all the guys just mentioned. 

19 minutes ago, [Arkas] said:

Do not make the mistake to think that the guys from the movies are more important or more cool than the pcs.

QFT

Edited by SEApocalypse

50 minutes ago, [Arkas] said:

As a side note... Never forget... his 360 degree vision is a myth (most things about him are), him being accidentally prodded into the great pit of carkoon is fact.

More direct sources would strongly indicate against that. I’m too lazy to page through “Bloodlines” for an exact quote, so I’d suggest that you instead head over to Wookieepedia.