Sign in to follow this  
Trialus

Big news?

21 hours ago, John Constantine said:

There are a lot more information now, and I am very concerned with the concept of "favor" cards:

The Lord of the Rings: Living Card Game also introduces Favor cards, powerful expendable cards that “burn” or disappear forever after a single use. After a player resolves their initial mulligan, they’ll receive a prompt asking if they want to use one of their Favor cards during that Quest. If so, that card will be added to their hand. Favor cards generally provide some kind of advantage that the players can’t get elsewhere—it’s a way to tip the scales against Sauron.

Selling power, or in other words, "pay to win" is never, never a good decision, even in a co-op/solo game.

I personally still hope we won’t have to pay for Favor cards. They may be one-use only in a way some boons are right now, and ffg will get their money from players buying normal cards. I hate buying something to play it only once, so I hope it’s as I say. I don’t mind paying some money for additional Hero packs if the game is fun to play, though.

4 minutes ago, koriakin97 said:

I personally still hope we won’t have to pay for Favor cards. They may be one-use only in a way some boons are right now, and ffg will get their money from players buying normal cards. I hate buying something to play it only once, so I hope it’s as I say. I don’t mind paying some money for additional Hero packs if the game is fun to play, though.

Well, the cards "burn" or dissapear forever after a single use, how else you are gonna replenish them if not by buying?

My bet is that these Favor cards are gonna be sold for both regular and premium currencies.

Worst case scenario that I can see: Quests are balanced around using those Favor cards, making runs without Favor cards very unfavorable (pun intended), making them literal pay to win.

Best case scenario that I can see: Quests are balanced completely without Favor cards in mind, making them just a tool for newer players to gain an edge, or for seasoned players to render a quest harmless. 

On 12/8/2017 at 9:50 PM, Valiko33 said:

The more I think about this "big announcement" the more I m pretty sure it will be a digital version of LOTR LCG.

I don't know if it s the first time, but the use of Twitch for broadcasting the announce isn t neutral. A digital platform for a digital version makes some sense.

Lastly, I don 't  know if anyone reads this RPS article, but the last paragraph ends to convince me.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/11/03/fantasy-flight-digital-interview/

RPS: When can we expect to see the first game come out of the new studio?

Tim: Very soon, actually. We will make an announcement before the end of the year as to our first game and it will be released early in 2018.

It s perfectly fitting ??

I hope there will be new contents , for instance a campaign mode for every cycle. ? Or new version of old cards, for example Spirit Pippin, or Bilbo Hero...

Props