Timathius

SYSTEM OPENS ANNOUNCED

25 minutes ago, __underscore__ said:

I still can barely believe that all 400-ish went so quickly. I guess that's what you get with good promo support and no UK Games Expo tax.

Yeah, it's surprising as it wasn't at the Games Expo last year either, and didn't sell out anywhere near as quickly (if at all!)

18 minutes ago, FTS Gecko said:

Yeah, it's surprising as it wasn't at the Games Expo last year either, and didn't sell out anywhere near as quickly (if at all!)

Yup.  The format was the same last year (Yavin in March, Euros in June) and I don't think either sold through.  Certainly not in less than 24 hours.

18 minutes ago, FTS Gecko said:

It might just be a word of mouth thing: the last Yavin seemed to go down well once it got going and if our continental friends found that the trip was doable then I guess the sheer size of the event is a draw in and of itself.

Yeah I think the time of year makes it cheaper and easier to travel for it, as it's not exactly height of the holiday (summer or winter) season. Who the **** comes to the UK in Feb/March for a holiday? lol So flights and such must be way cheaper. That and the hotel is walking distance to the airport you could fly in to.

Just got the OK to travel to Adepticon. Went to sign my son and I up for the Chicago System Open and now I see it's sold out.

I guess we won't be going to Adepticon.

Bummer part too is that between my son and I, we came up with a scheme that the event could be combined birthday presents for us both to convince my wife to let us go.

Edited by Brack Daddy

17 hours ago, PanchoX1 said:

any chance you guys can make kublacon in San Fran? That’s the one I’m gonna try and make. 

That's the same weekend as Odyssey of the Mind World Finals so we couldn't commit after the first week of April.