Sign in to follow this  
Karneck

Question about attack range and cardboard

You know I always wondered if things would have been so much easier if the cardboard was out of the equation, and everything was just base to base excluding the protrusion of the shield dials.  Its not like ships can have any other base dimensions vs. cardboard.

I guess it removes any thing nebulous about shots that go over the dials being over the edge of the rectangle of the base, but whatever.

31 minutes ago, AegisGrimm said:

You know I always wondered if things would have been so much easier if the cardboard was out of the equation, and everything was just base to base excluding the protrusion of the shield dials.  Its not like ships can have any other base dimensions vs. cardboard.

I guess it removes any thing nebulous about shots that go over the dials being over the edge of the rectangle of the base, but whatever.

It would add the question of Arc lines having to be extended on every base, essentially, rather than being a point you measure to.

3 hours ago, Drasnighta said:

It would add the question of Arc lines having to be extended on every base, essentially, rather than being a point you measure to.

Yep. More precision at the cost of more complexity. I think it's a worthwhile trade-off, but then I never really found it too confusing, personally.

One side resting on cardboard- even the tiniest bit- and the other side touching, even if its adjacent, its in. If it can touch and rest, then even if its only a strand or two of fiber it would still be in range. If one side cant rest, or there is any clear base showing on the other side it's out. 

But honestly, flipping a coin is the best way to solve this. Even as evidenced by your interaction here you are convinced it was out. Your opponent probably still believes it was in. Without the innanimate and impartial ruling of the coin that could turn into anger at each other, the TO, or both, and thats not a good way to foster community. Be angry at a coin, not each other, if you cant agree.

Edited by BrobaFett