Sign in to follow this  
Asako Taiyo

Minor Clans in Existence in LCG Lore

So, given that the current year is 1123, what current clans are in existence in the LCG at this point?  Mainly I'm asking about my dear Wasp, which given the year and that Doji Satsume was, until recently, the Emerald Champion, means they could be around.

So far, we have:

Yoritomo and his band of pirates, if not in name at least in spirit the Mantis Clan

Survivors from the Boar

Any others?  Around this time, we could have the Wasp, Mantis, Fox, Sparrow, Dragonfly, Centipede, Tortoise, Badger, Falcon, and potentially the Hare.

Edited by Asako Taiyo

Going from foundation dates in the old lore-

The Badger (1013 years), Sparrow (723 years), Fox (1033 years), Tortoise (681), Dragonfly (419 years), Hare (373 years), Centipede (776 years), Falcon (289 years) and Wasp (14 years) should all be around in addition to the Mantis, assuming the Mantis are a clan this go-around.

The Boar are verified to have existed, but aren't a recognized clan anymore. The Snake are presumably in a similar boat.

14 minutes ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

As a side note, depending on the actual dates of previous modules, the Hare could be in that phase when they were 'mostly destroyed' by the Scorpion.

Since that went down in 1123 (the current year), I suppose we'll see.

A'course, it was tied to some hilarious retcon-y "Dajan Kolat" garbage... I'd kinda prefer a setting where the Hare and Scorpion can cooperate from time to time...

11 hours ago, Zesu Shadaban said:

I would say the story as written makes the ronin unaware there ever was a Boar clan. However Tsuko seems to know there was one, and it stands to reason there would potentially still be survivors in the new timeline just like there were in the old. 

That's likely showing the uneducated ronin versus a well educated Lion kuge daimyo. The Lion, after all, are students of history.