Sign in to follow this  
Celestial Lizards

No Gauntlet Fighter Confirmed!

2 hours ago, BadMotivator said:

The Scurgg is probably the most egregious offender in terms of getting scaled down. The Gauntlet getting made slightly smaller to fit on a large base is not as big of a scale down as putting a Scurgg on a small base.

You know how The Jedi need to end? So does this. This needs to end.

People have GOT to stop using Wook as any source of scale information. It is never accurate.

mPbMttE.png

The Havoc is NOT underscaled in X-Wing Miniatures. It never has been. Neither has the HWK-290.

The way X-wing is doing right now, it is only a matter of time basically anything that largely fits the scale comes out. Either that or my optimism is showing.

Whatever the case, Rebels content is still one of the most used contemporary source for FFG ships. The Nightbrother is big, but so is the Ghost. We might also see some more of the craft, giving the designers more to work off of. 

I could do without another Sabine in the game, though, to be honest. 

20 minutes ago, Captain Lackwit said:

You know how The Jedi need to end? So does this. This needs to end.

People have GOT to stop using Wook as any source of scale information. It is never accurate.

mPbMttE.png

The Havoc is NOT underscaled in X-Wing Miniatures. It never has been. Neither has the HWK-290.

Wookieepedia is a pretty good way to get size information. People just have to learn how to work with sources. I don't trust any information that isn't linked to a source on the bottom where I could proof read the specific info.
And in example of the Scurrg, the only reference is a RPG supplement released in some magazine (which probably isn't Legends canon as Adventures published in magazines weren't either.)
So that size data goes out of the window.

And people should also learn to read the bts sections and discussions.
For example the Home One page states the length of the H1 as 1200m official but there is a whole part of bts describing "well, officilly it is stated as 1200m but on the screen it shows us the H1 is [...]"

21 minutes ago, RogueLeader42 said:

Wookieepedia is a pretty good way to get size information. People just have to learn how to work with sources. I don't trust any information that isn't linked to a source on the bottom where I could proof read the specific info.
And in example of the Scurrg, the only reference is a RPG supplement released in some magazine (which probably isn't Legends canon as Adventures published in magazines weren't either.)
So that size data goes out of the window.

And people should also learn to read the bts sections and discussions.
For example the Home One page states the length of the H1 as 1200m official but there is a whole part of bts describing "well, officilly it is stated as 1200m but on the screen it shows us the H1 is [...]"

Bingo. Many sources are just flat out unreliable. It's why I always go by what's seen on screen for its first time as the best possible indicator.

Also god forbid, somebody can change the scale. 

Wook is kind of rough because it's trying to categorize without editorializing, so they have to come up with a way to, in wiki format, explain that outside of universe there's a technical goof and there are two digital models of the Kom'rk, one at 60+ meter scale and then one at a shorter 50-ish. In universe. But it can't always say one is "wrong" either. Since not every reference material actually goes back and says "hey, that stuff you read before, it's wrong now, this is right". 

8 hours ago, Kieransi said:

Yeah, and as Darth Meanie pointed out, the Gauntlet Fighter is all but confirmed! Because you know who flies it after Maul dies?

latest?cb=20171015152107

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Nightbrother_(Gauntlet_fighter)

They might also just skip Maul altogether and have some of the Clone Wars characters like Pre Vizsla show up instead.

DOES Sabine Fly it?

Honest question.  I mean, Ezra is flying it for the most part, not Sabine...  And Chop takes the controls while they go for the Interdictor...

27 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

DOES Sabine Fly it?

Honest question.  I mean, Ezra is flying it for the most part, not Sabine...  And Chop takes the controls while they go for the Interdictor...

If I remember correctly, no. But if they are trying to fill out pilot slots, she is nearby.

22 hours ago, RogueLeader42 said:

Here is a comparison with a large base.

5a08304eb1d8d_Unbenannt-1Kopie.thumb.jpg.a74cf8c4763ddb130d09c7e00a767c59.jpg

Thank you SO much for this!  I've saved the link.

As regards the OP, there are two reasons why this is baseless speculation:

1: It's not like Maul's the only character ever to fly a Kom'rk - indeed, Gauntlet was a specific ship belonging to Pre Viszla, not the name of the class.  Maul's was Nightbrother.

2: Crew being released before the ships they pilot goes back to wave 1, or the first ever ship to come with Unique crew - Nien Nunb is in the Falcon, and he was released piloting a T70 recently.

Size though is the real reason I can't see this ever happening.  The Kom'rk is way too big for a large base, and way too wide for an epic base.  It's just the wrong size and shape for the game.  I hope it doesn't happen.

35 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

Thank you SO much for this!  I've saved the link.

As regards the OP, there are two reasons why this is baseless speculation:

1: It's not like Maul's the only character ever to fly a Kom'rk - indeed, Gauntlet was a specific ship belonging to Pre Viszla, not the name of the class.  Maul's was Nightbrother.

2: Crew being released before the ships they pilot goes back to wave 1, or the first ever ship to come with Unique crew - Nien Nunb is in the Falcon, and he was released piloting a T70 recently.

Size though is the real reason I can't see this ever happening.  The Kom'rk is way too big for a large base, and way too wide for an epic base.  It's just the wrong size and shape for the game.  I hope it doesn't happen.

Even worse are the connections between the wings and the fuselage. Just imagine how long they would be intact.